PDA

View Full Version : riso gr1700

Custom Search

smiley
10-22-2008, 08:58 AM
hi to all.
i have a riso gr 1700 jam paper on the adf i change all the sensor and change the board that is connected in the adf but no progres.steel jam appear .when i press * button c37 apear.im sorry im new in duplicators.:) please help me.thanks

Baphomet
10-23-2008, 03:11 AM
The error code just means that the original IN sensor did not detected the original within 630 pulses after the Read pulse motor was turned on. Typically this would just be worn rollers.

smiley
10-28-2008, 02:51 AM
thanks baphmet your the man.:)

techathens
10-28-2008, 05:38 PM
there are several problem areas on the adf area of the GR1700 that can cause jam codes. One includes the original sensor (send side, top, LED) malfunction caused by a contact point break. the above post was correct in suggesting to check the rollers first.

cobiray
10-28-2008, 06:37 PM
I might be thinking of the wrong model, but I think this document feed unit had a spring loaded separation roller. I think the spring would/could break causing the originals to have no pressure on the feed rollers. Just something else to check out while you're there.

techathens
10-28-2008, 10:04 PM
you are right cobiray, but it is actually that front pad (the roller is on top) - I have field fixed the arm to solenoid connection with a paperclip before - another thing you can do in the field is modify the spring to work again. You can tell when this is the problem because the original will not move, but the original in rollers will still engage (and make a sick whining sound).

This is one of the problems that will arise in this model of ADF unit - overall a good design.

cobiray
10-29-2008, 01:12 AM
I meant sep pad. Thanks for correcting me. It's the one with the tread in it. What I think and what I type aren't always the same thing. :D

landerson
07-10-2013, 07:42 PM
I am having a similar issue, getting error code C37- ADF Jam, and reset doesn't clear it. The rollers appear to be fine, not particularly worn. It has the separator pad and the solenoid connection is intact. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Iowatech
07-11-2013, 04:32 AM
I am having a similar issue, getting error code C37- ADF Jam, and reset doesn't clear it. The rollers appear to be fine, not particularly worn. It has the separator pad and the solenoid connection is intact. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

This would be really unusual for a machine this obsolete, but check that the height of the rubber part of the separation pad doesn't exceed the plastic part it is mounted to. You might need to use some tape to bridge the gap otherwise.
On the other hand, make sure the solenoid to sep pad connection really is actually a spring.
Finally, make sure the sensors are OK. And that all the hardware for the the ADF latches are tight and in good shape.

landerson
07-12-2013, 05:45 PM
Thanks for the swift response. All hardware and latches are tight and secure.The height of the rubber sep pad and plastic are level. The solenoid arm is appears to be connected. I'm running two GR1700s, they are each a little different, but the solenoid/sep pad tension in the one that properly feeds the original and the one that isn't seem to be the same, and I can't figure out any immediate visible differences between the two. When an original is placed in the feed it makes the alignment noise I assosciate with the machine beginning to feed, but it doesn't continue with the process.

I think it might be the sensors. With or without a piece of white paper in the ADF feed the IN light sensor on the ADF PCB is constantly lit. I attempted testing the sensitivity of the sensor with the voltage meter as suggested by the tech manual, but got no reading (was using a probe voltage meter, not sure if this is an issue or not). I'm not sure how to proceed with the sensors. The are clean and there appear to be no obstructions.

Any suggestions?

Thanks again!

Iowatech
07-13-2013, 01:26 AM
Well, I guess check the pulley that provides tension to the belt that drives the rollers in the ADF. The metal piece it is mounted to can get bent to the point that the belt slips. Or the belt might have stretched enough that you need to adjust it. Or the belt broke.
Have you actually cleaned the rollers and separation pad in the ADF feed area? Even if they look good, you really need to clean them with soapy water. Do not use alcohol, it dries out rubber pieces and speeds their failure.
If it is a sensor, it is probably exactly like techathens said. It is pretty obvious when you look at it, too, the little PCB the sending LED is on will be broken. That happens when people slam the ADF closed. I used to occasionally have success soldering the traces on that PCB back together, but it was a lot of work.

Custom Search