PDA

View Full Version : Google Cloud Print discontinued end of 2020

Custom Search

rrrohan
11-25-2019, 09:39 AM
So found out Google cloud print will no longer be a option in 2020

Konica Mobile Print isnt supported on Chrome Books

Anyone know an alternative for Chrome Book users?

I have plenty of users that use account track/user auth and the only way I got them printing was with Google Cloud Print classic and setting up cues with each users account codes on a windows PC then sharing that via cloud print.

Now with that option son to be unavailable i dont know what to offer instead

copier tech
11-25-2019, 10:38 AM
So found out Google cloud print will no longer be a option in 2020

Konica Mobile Print isnt supported on Chrome Books

Anyone know an alternative for Chrome Book users?

I have plenty of users that use account track/user auth and the only way I got them printing was with Google Cloud Print classic and setting up cues with each users account codes on a windows PC then sharing that via cloud print.

Now with that option son to be unavailable i dont know what to offer instead

This is worrying as Ricoh have recently introduced the IMC range that supports Google Cloud Print (GCP) as a standard 'Google Cloudy Ready Printer

rrrohan
11-25-2019, 11:54 AM
This is worrying as Ricoh have recently introduced the IMC range that supports Google Cloud Print (GCP) as a standard 'Google Cloudy Ready Printer

they say they are discontinuing it because native driver support has improved but i tried the linux drivers recently and it didnt work.

to be fair anyone who runs a company off chromes has to take some responsibility for their bad choices too ;)

tsbservice
11-25-2019, 04:24 PM
Better repost in Connectivity section as other member does - unfortunately his thread was affected by known CTN bug. More members will read this than specific KM subforum and you will get more ideas.

Bix
11-26-2019, 02:37 PM
I don't know Chromebook but ... Are there Universal Drivers? Maybe from another brand?
You could try those. Of course, with the account track this will be a problem.

Custom Search