PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C308 no network setting, unable to connect

Custom Search

lukasz
11-25-2019, 03:05 PM
Hello,
That's my first post over here. I'm trying to solve a problem with my bizhub c308. During changing IP addresses and network setting I must have ticked sth about DHCP{the printer was using a static IP) and now I can't get into the NETWORK setting in administrator mode. I cannot get to the remote control panel either and printers IP doesn't ping. How can I bring back the network setting to default? Service mode can help?

dannu
11-25-2019, 03:11 PM
Hello,
That's my first post over here. I'm trying to solve a problem with my bizhub c308. During changing IP addresses and network setting I must have ticked sth about DHCP{the printer was using a static IP) and now I can't get into the NETWORK setting in administrator mode. I cannot get to the remote control panel either and printers IP doesn't ping. How can I bring back the network setting to default? Service mode can help?

Service Mode
System 1
Initialization

Network Clear

Or

Utp cabel its work ?
Network Duplex Gigabit , Half Duplex settings ?

lukasz
11-25-2019, 03:16 PM
Service Mode
System 1
Initialization

Network Clear

Or

Utp cabel its work ?
Network Duplex Gigabit , Half Duplex settings ?

No need to have any firmware usb or stuff like that? Cable's ok for sure. It's been working till the network setting changed.

tsbservice
11-25-2019, 04:04 PM
There is no really need to mess up with service mode, do network initialize from admin settings:

[Utility]

[Administrator Settings]

[Security Settings]

[Security Details]

[Initialize]

Initializes the settings in [Job History], [Copy Program], [Network Settings], [Address Registration], and [Enhanced Server Information].
Select items you want to initialize, then tap [OK].

lukasz
11-25-2019, 04:22 PM
There is no really need to mess up with service mode, do network initialize from admin settings:

[Utility]

[Administrator Settings]

[Security Settings]

[Security Details]

[Initialize]

Initializes the settings in [Job History], [Copy Program], [Network Settings], [Address Registration], and [Enhanced Server Information].
Select items you want to initialize, then tap [OK].

Unfortunately, I can see security setting in Administrator Settings.

tsbservice
11-25-2019, 04:26 PM
Take a photo of machine screen and upload it somewhere, post the link here.
Also did you try to restart the machine from main switch?

lukasz
11-25-2019, 04:29 PM
Take a photo of machine screen and upload it somewhere, post the link here.
Also did you try to restart the machine from main switch?

I'll do it tomorrow than. Thanks.

emujo2
11-25-2019, 07:18 PM
Cycler power..if ti's in DHCP and you are not utlilizing DHCP it may take up to 10 min for the machine to give up..but once it does you should be able to print a config page..IP address should be 169.X.X.X,,(APIPA) If you can see this then you should now be able to go into network settings (verify that TCP/IP didn't get set to OFF somehow), disable DHCP and assign a static IP.. If you see 0.0.0.0 as the address then you may have some underlying condition that is preventing the newwork tab from popping up. Sometime turning TCP/IP OFF, cycling power then TCP/IP back to ON will reset everything. E

copier tech
11-25-2019, 09:15 PM
Hello,

Welcome to our site!

This is quite common with Konica.

Try simply powering off the machine, unplug the machine from the network & reboot it can take up to 10 mins but eventually your network settings/TCIP tab should reappear in admin settings.

Sometimes it this doesn't work try plugging the machine into another router that supports DHCP once it establishes an IP you will have access to the network settings again.

Last resort perform a clear in service mode but this can cause further issues.

lukasz
11-26-2019, 02:11 PM
Thanks guys, I dealt with the problem by security settings and reseting network. It worked perfectly. Thread can be closed.

rrrohan
11-26-2019, 02:28 PM
Welcome to our site!

This is quite common with Konica.

Try simply powering off the machine, unplug the machine from the network & reboot it can take up to 10 mins but eventually your network settings/TCIP tab should reappear in admin settings.

Sometimes it this doesn't work try plugging the machine into another router that supports DHCP once it establishes an IP you will have access to the network settings again.

Last resort perform a clear in service mode but this can cause further issues.

i often wonder if people just dont expect it to possibly take so long because on other brands ive switched from static to DHCP and it takes like 10 seconds to obtain a DHCP assigned address so to some even waiting 2 minutes may seem to long when like you said it can often take way longer than this.

i find it like waiting for water to boil, its best to just walk away and not watch it or it will seem like its taking even longer

Bix
11-26-2019, 03:57 PM
It happened to me every now and then that the printer spent more than 10 minutes.

In that case I had to turn it off and on again to make it go correctly.

emujo2
11-26-2019, 07:42 PM
I'm pretty sure it's not the DHCP component that causes the slowdown. I think it's the ARP request..DHCP is pretty cut and dry, You can see the normal speed by watching a laptop NIC fail to get a address assigned..There is also BootP..which ARP replaced..Not sure why this old ass tech is still showing up..this has been around since before 1985. E

Custom Search