PDA

View Full Version : CQ C6501 repeating mark every 94.7mm

Custom Search

methogod
11-25-2019, 08:27 PM
C6501 repeating mark every 94.7mm

book says lower transfer or DV unit.

swapped drums just to isolate. Take a few hundred to show up... then next run same issue.
DV unit is not OLD, maybe half way though PM cycle.

Dropbox - Capture.JPG - Simplify your life (https://www.dropbox.com/s/eisxr6uo5jf8vpi/Capture.JPG?dl=0)

Phil B.
11-25-2019, 08:33 PM
C6501 repeating mark every 94.7mm

book says lower transfer or DV unit.

swapped drums just to isolate. Take a few hundred to show up... then next run same issue.
DV unit is not OLD, maybe half way though PM cycle.

Dropbox - Capture.JPG - Simplify your life (https://www.dropbox.com/s/eisxr6uo5jf8vpi/Capture.JPG?dl=0)

doubt the dev unit roller is that large...

so try the lower transfer

tsbservice
11-25-2019, 10:11 PM
K primary transfer roller nice and clean?

blackcat4866
11-26-2019, 01:00 AM
doubt the dev unit roller is that large...

so try the lower transfer

The tricky thing about developing units is that the developing roller counter-rotates, and rotates at a different rate than the drum. So essentially the quality interval won't match the size of the developing roller. It's not spinning at the same rate as the drum & transport rollers and in the opposite direction.

That being said, I'm leaning in the direction of the 2nd transfer roller. I've seen a single scrap of paper smaller than a dime (10mm) trapped under the edge of the roller cause this exact effect. Just removing the paper scrap resolved it.

=^..^=

Phil B.
11-26-2019, 01:09 AM
The tricky thing about developing units is that the developing roller counter-rotates, and rotates at a different rate than the drum. So essentially the quality interval won't match the size of the developing roller. It's not spinning at the same rate as the drum & transport rollers and in the opposite direction.

That being said, I'm leaning in the direction of the 2nd transfer roller. I've seen a single scrap of paper smaller than a dime (10mm) trapped under the edge of the roller cause this exact effect. Just removing the paper scrap resolved it.

=^..^=

are lower and 2nd the same? ( I took it as so)

blackcat4866
11-26-2019, 01:18 AM
Yes, correct.

On these machines the drums/developers stack vertically, with the transfer belt on the left vertically. Second transfer takes place at the bottom of the primary transfer belt with a 2nd transfer roller only. This engine hasn't changed mechanically in a lot of years.
=^..^=

Phil B.
11-26-2019, 01:20 AM
Yes, correct.

On these machines the drums/developers stack vertically, with the transfer belt on the left vertically. Second transfer takes place at the bottom of the primary transfer belt with a 2nd transfer roller only. This engine hasn't changed mechanically in a lot of years.
=^..^=

just rusty on the current terminology Brother...

thanks for clarifying that for me! :D

methogod
11-26-2019, 05:33 AM
2nd transfer roller - in the belt unit, or in the ADU.

Manual calls both rollers the same thing.

Pulled the belt, cleaned the drums, swapped to just to be sure it wasn't the black drum.
Ran the rest of the day without issue. Will test in the AM see if it returns.

They are watching for it....

blackcat4866
11-27-2019, 12:20 AM
2nd transfer roller - in the belt unit, or in the ADU.

Manual calls both rollers the same thing.

Pulled the belt, cleaned the drums, swapped to just to be sure it wasn't the black drum.
Ran the rest of the day without issue. Will test in the AM see if it returns.

They are watching for it....

... in the ADU.

Custom Search