PDA

View Full Version : Fs-c8525 will print all colors except black

Custom Search

j2shortt
11-26-2019, 07:41 PM
So I have a Kyocera FS - c 8525 mfp. The service call was for the machine calling for toner even though a new toner was put in it. The toner shute on the pump was clogged. Got that fixed. Okay so now my problem is the machine will print all of the other colors but not black. Any ideas as to what would cause this? I've ran drum refresh and calibrations to no avail. I'm not getting any service codes or errors

Phil B.
11-26-2019, 08:03 PM
So I have a Kyocera FS - c 8525 mfp. The service call was for the machine calling for toner even though a new toner was put in it. The toner shute on the pump was clogged. Got that fixed. Okay so now my problem is the machine will print all of the other colors but not black. Any ideas as to what would cause this? I've ran drum refresh and calibrations to no avail. I'm not getting any service codes or errors

are you sure you cleared the clog @ dev entrance?

could the harness be disconnected?

I would revisit your repair steps.

are you sure the belt is moving properly?

scottybbb
11-27-2019, 12:59 AM
There is a developer clutch on those models. May need to replace it.

Santander
11-27-2019, 01:31 AM
After you cleaned the clog, did the machine show that the black toner at near 100%? When you pulled the DV unit was there a toner coating on the mag roller? Have you done a DV refresh? When you print the sample set in U089 does the black band print out? It could be that you just have a bad DV Unit. Had one {8525} a few months ago that showed similar symptoms with the yellow toner. Print out a status page and it showed yellow at 100%, check the supplies status on the display it showed zero. Print/copy a color page and you could tell the yellow was missing. Replaced the DV and the problem was resolved.

tmaged
11-27-2019, 03:34 AM
Make sure the push lever for the mag roller is engaged all the way when closing the front up.

blackcat4866
11-27-2019, 07:50 PM
You can't really tell anything by looking at the upper developing roller. If you were to pull the developing unit during a jam or error condition you might see a film of toner on the roller, no developer. If the copy cycle completed the machine will have reversed bias and pulled the toner back into the developing unit. These Kyocera developing units are not like anything else I've seen. The lower developing roller has the developer brush, then transfers toner only to the upper developing roller. The upper inner cover, when closed moves the upper developing roller close to the drum. If it's not closed properly the image won't develop, even if your toner density is perfect.

Was that clear? =^..^=

Custom Search