PDA

View Full Version : Strange USB Problem

Custom Search

SAR
11-27-2019, 03:01 PM
Customers C280 won't give you the option to save document to external memory, or save from external memory to user box when you plug a flash drive into the usb port.
All 3 of the options are turned on in admin mode for External memory function settings. I have looked in security settings to see if anything is disabled there, but found nothing.
The copier is seeing the thumb drive when you plug it in and it gives you the option to print a document from external memory, but won't give you the other two options, even though they are turned on.
Is there any setting in the copier that could disable these functions?

emujo2
11-27-2019, 03:33 PM
The only other thing that can affect this is authentication..if it's turned on then you may want to look at the registered and public user settings. Some of these features are disabled by default (public user for sure). In rare cases, Vendor mode, when used, can disable certain features. If you got this machine used you may look here. E

Synthohol
11-27-2019, 03:34 PM
Does The copier have a hard drive and is it set to installed in service mode if not that would prevent the options.

emujo2
11-27-2019, 04:09 PM
Good point, but I would think if the HDD is removed, then ADMIN would not show the option to allow/restrict. E

Synthohol
11-27-2019, 04:33 PM
The options will still be there.
Best to just verify if a hdd is installed.

tsbservice
11-27-2019, 04:50 PM
If anything above don't help(but I think it will) as a last resort You may try Initialize(but I wouldn't for such problem).

Custom Search