PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta C652 - black toner issue

Custom Search

Kenny
11-28-2019, 08:47 AM
Hi guys,

We seem to having an issue with one of our C652s. The black toner level on this machine always says it is low and then says replace toner. We have replaced the toner multiple times, we have managed to get it to say its full then after about a day its says its low and then replace toner again. The machine is on the latest firmware.

We have replaced the following:

Black toner with a Genuine x2
Toner Hopper Unit x2
PRCB
Black drum and Developing unit

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Bix
11-28-2019, 10:57 AM
Hi, it's a known "problem" in Konica Minolta machines.

This is because there is no real sensor that quantifies the actual amount of toner. The best solution is to replace the toner only when it ends completely. In this way, the printer will adjust again.

There are also dipswitches for reset, but at the moment I don't know if they work with C652.

Kenny
11-28-2019, 11:33 AM
Hi, it's a known "problem" in Konica Minolta machines.

This is because there is no real sensor that quantifies the actual amount of toner. The best solution is to replace the toner only when it ends completely. In this way, the printer will adjust again.

There are also dipswitches for reset, but at the moment I don't know if they work with C652.

Thanks for the reply,

The machine does say it has ran out of toner and is empty when we first came to this issue, then we replace it but like I say it goes back to low toner after a day:confused:

Could possibly try those software switches? will try anything at this moment haha!

Bix
11-28-2019, 01:45 PM
Hi,

see this: Wrong toner indicator bizhub 227 (https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/133235-wrong-toner-indicator-bizhub-227-a-post705588.html#post705588)

copyman
11-28-2019, 04:10 PM
What version F/W is in machine? I searched knowledge base and this is special F/W for toner levels, fluctuates from proper level to zero. F/w should be GZZ D6

Also see attachment addressing this issue

tsbservice
11-28-2019, 04:36 PM
It may be toner bottle drive or motor, easy to see. Check the new toner weight, if full but there is low toner message on the machine, drive is faulty. Or you can mark bottle and run toner motor in Load check, just a couple of ideas.

copyman
11-28-2019, 04:58 PM
It may be toner bottle drive or motor, easy to see. Check the new toner weight, if full but there is low toner message on the machine, drive is faulty. Or you can mark bottle and run toner motor in Load check, just a couple of ideas.

Good call, I believe the attached bulletin I posted is for the btl drive.

Custom Search