PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous C224 colour aligment

Custom Search

refillman
11-29-2019, 05:18 PM
Hi hope some can help.
My C224 the aligment has step out (Magenta and Yellow) and i cant them them to go back in lineive changed both drums but nothing any ideas to re align the colours please

Phil B.
11-29-2019, 05:38 PM
Hi hope some can help.
My C224 the aligment has step out (Magenta and Yellow) and i cant them them to go back in lineive changed both drums but nothing any ideas to re align the colours please

maybe run color reg and calibrate in SM?

copyman
11-29-2019, 09:22 PM
Hi hope some can help.

It could so many different things that it don't make sence to play a guessing game with you.

1) Are you a technician?

2) What have you done so far?

3) Stop back with more info and glad to help

refillman
11-30-2019, 12:04 PM
It could so many different things that it don't make sence to play a guessing game with you.

1) Are you a technician?

2) What have you done so far? ive replaced the drums, ive done image gradation Adjust stabilizer

3) Stop back with more info and glad to help

1 No (but have fixed many problems on theses printers like the 2557 error)

ive replaced the drums, ive done image gradation Adjust stabilizer

Phil B.
11-30-2019, 12:24 PM
1 No (but have fixed many problems on theses printers like the 2557 error)

ive replaced the drums, ive done image gradation Adjust stabilizer
Do color registration?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

tsbservice
11-30-2019, 12:39 PM
1. Don't let the people who may help you to pull/guess what you've done so far.
2. Post counters and consumables status.
3. Assuming you have SM. Any malfunction codes? If Yes perform the relevant troubleshooting procedure corresponding to the malfunction code first.
4. Read image troubleshooting section. There are step by step procedures what to check and to do, like Color Registration Adjustment etc.

refillman
11-30-2019, 12:52 PM
Do color registration?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

where will i find that please

many thanks

Phil B.
11-30-2019, 01:41 PM
where will i find that please

many thanks

look in SM under quality / adjustments

allan
11-30-2019, 01:42 PM
The color registration on these machines are done automatically by printing and then reading toner patches.
If the IDS sensors that read the patches are dirty, or if the patches are not developed, or if the transfer unit fails,
and even a faulty laser unit can cause color registration to fail.

Look for the oil can icon on the screen touch that and determine what P-code displays. Like P-6 and P-21 or P-22.
Troubleshoot from there.

Half tones will help to find out if there are void areas on the development.

Opening and closing the front door will force the machine to do stabilization and color registration.

refillman
11-30-2019, 01:43 PM
1. Don't let the people who may help you to pull/guess what you've done so far.
2. Post counters and consumables status.
3. Assuming you have SM. Any malfunction codes? If Yes perform the relevant troubleshooting procedure corresponding to the malfunction code first.
4. Read image troubleshooting section. There are step by step procedures what to check and to do, like Color Registration Adjustment etc.

367949 metered copies
developing units, all colours between 51 and 57, black 99.
drums 96 black, 99 magenta, 25 yellow, 80 cyan.

I have SM, and there were no faults, I have replaced the black developer unit and drum.
Could you please send me a link to the 'troubleshooting' section?

allan
11-30-2019, 01:47 PM
367949 metered copies
developing units, all colours between 51 and 57, black 99.
drums 96 black, 99 magenta, 25 yellow, 80 cyan.

I have SM, and there were no faults, I have replaced the black developer unit and drum.
Could you please send me a link to the 'troubleshooting' section?

There will be no fault that will clearly display. KM color machines don't stop working if there are some failures it will only warn you.
Again look for the oil can icon.

refillman
11-30-2019, 01:59 PM
I have gone onto the PRT/IR Errors screen, and have two errors shown:
P7: Drum / development unit (m)
P21: Colour register test pattern

Please could you help me resolve these?
Thanks

copyman
11-30-2019, 02:15 PM
As long as you have those P codes it will never calibrate color properly or allow you to do gradation adjustment. You will have to address the "M" issue (replace magenta drum/dev) and then your color registration will come back. Swap M drum with another color drum and see if P code changes, if it does than M drum is bad. If not look at M developer unit. I'm thinking it dumped M developer which is very common if K drum was way overlife before you replaced it. Can you post halftone sample pics of all 4 colors? I suspect magenta will have white steaks due to developer loss....

copyman
11-30-2019, 02:20 PM
As long as you have those P codes it will never calibrate color properly or allow you to do gradation adjustment. You will have to address the "M" issue (replace magenta drum/dev) and then your color registration will come back. Swap M drum with another color drum and see if P code changes, if it does than M drum is bad. If not look at M developer unit. I'm thinking it dumped M developer which is very common if K drum was way overlife before you replaced it. Can you post halftone sample pics of all 4 colors?

Allan is right, good thing with kon/min it will continue working with P codes. They have been using the "watchdog" system for many years. What disables many other OEM copiers doesn't happen with kon/min!

copier tech
12-01-2019, 11:52 AM
I have gone onto the PRT/IR Errors screen, and have two errors shown:
P7: Drum / development unit (m)
P21: Colour register test pattern

Please could you help me resolve these?
Thanks

Do a gradation pattern print of each colour.

What does the magenta page look like compared to the other colours?

Custom Search