PDA

View Full Version : SMB errors with a C352

Custom Search

akersrus
10-22-2008, 06:19 PM
Hi Folks,
I am new to the forum and have been looking for information on this Multi-function copier we have in our office. Right now most of the people are scanning to a shared folder on a PC on the network. And that works OK with one exception. It is a shared PC with several different users and Scans keep accidentally disappearing. I remember setting this thing up, originally we tried sending the scans to the server so they could be backed up. and we could not get around the Log on error. So I have created a user in the address book, set thew destination folder to scans in an unused computer, and am getting the same messages. If not a Log on error, then a Forward TX Error. I have tried everything from IP Addresses, Computer names, browsed the network from the control panel of the copier (it is all there) and I would have never thought just pointing these things to a different workstation would be such a problem. From what I have read this is not an uncommon issue.

Does anyone have the magic bullet I have not thought of?
Please?
Thanks

DadO
10-23-2008, 08:50 AM
Did u make exceptions in firewall for scans? ?

joneze
10-23-2008, 01:28 PM
If its a log on error your getting then i would say that your not entering a correct username and password with access to log on to the PC your scanning to. Also check folder permisions.

Hope this helps

akersrus
10-23-2008, 01:28 PM
Yes, I have allowed for exceptions in the firewall, I have set this workstation exactly like the other one that is recieving scans. Still getting the TX error though

akersrus
10-23-2008, 01:31 PM
My biggest problem is the TX Forward errors. Thanks though

joneze
10-23-2008, 04:47 PM
My biggest problem is the TX Forward errors. Thanks though

Forward TX errors. Does this machine have a fax module on it? are you trying to forward faxes to this folder or is that the error you get when just trying to scan to it.

akersrus
10-23-2008, 04:54 PM
That is the error we get when trying to scan to it, we do not use it as a Fax. no modem installed

joneze
10-23-2008, 04:59 PM
That is the error we get when trying to scan to it, we do not use it as a Fax. no modem installed

Hmmm. Not sure what else to sugest. What i would do is start from scratch make a new folder on the PC to scan to creat new one touch button. Also make sure that on your one touch button setting the directory is spelt exactly as the folder is case sensitive.

Sorry cant be of any more help

akersrus
10-23-2008, 05:08 PM
thank you for your help

konisolver
10-23-2008, 11:29 PM
Forward tx errors are due to a firewall blocking. Make sure you have no internet firewall programs besides windows firewall. If you are concern with firewall issues make sure to allow an exception to the following ports: 137,138,139 which are related to SMB. When you do make your exception make sure to just choose the ip address of the copier. One way to test is to: Go to Scan ( choose direct scan - press SMB --> choose reference --> locate your pc --> select your folder --> connect and it should prompt you for a username and password. If you did create an exception and have no other firewall running you should be good to go.

akersrus
10-24-2008, 12:54 PM
I got this working yesterday, and have been redirecting all of my entries in my address book successfully. Thank everybody for your helpful suggestions, it helped me understand SMB much better.
Thanks again!

davida
03-16-2016, 02:56 AM
I was having the same "Forward TX Error" trying to send files to a mac server. I had set up SMB sharing with SMBUp, and changed the port to 139. The reason turned out to be a permissions problem, the folder was owned by someone else and the login from the machine wasn't allowing files to be created.

Custom Search