PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous C360i firmware update problem

Custom Search

SUPERMIGHTYZ
12-05-2019, 05:32 PM
I can't update firmware on the bizhub c360i series. I copy the firmware folder (FW000XX) to the root of the usb stick, but it does not start. The dot appears but then nothing ..Thanks to everyone who will help me :DThanks to everyone who will help meI can't update firmware on the bizhub c360i series. I copy the firmware folder (FW000XX) to the root of the usb stick, but it does not start. The dot appears but then nothing ..Thanks to everyone who will help me

Synthohol
12-05-2019, 05:59 PM
did you forget to hold down the "secret" red button on the panel while booting?

tsbservice
12-05-2019, 06:08 PM
Apparently, not.

tech51
12-05-2019, 06:20 PM
I assume you unzipped the firmware file first and placed the unzipped folder in the root of your usb drive?
Since he states he has the dot we can assume the button has been pressed!
I would make sure the USB ports are active and allowed in security settings.
Trying a different drive would be an idea.
I had one recently that wouldn’t recognise any usb stick, turned out the cpu board had failed.
All ok after replacing the board.

Synthohol
12-05-2019, 11:25 PM
Apparently, not.
well he didn't say he did :cool:
and then repeated himself in a different font.
just an odd post even if its a translation.

Woxner
12-06-2019, 01:20 AM
you should use a 3.1 jet flash. that is what is recommended on these otherwise it might not work. dont go above version 45 yet. its FW0020 thats the only folder you need

SUPERMIGHTYZ
12-06-2019, 02:19 PM
Thanks for the answers. I tried various 1GB, 4GB, 8GB, usb2, usb3 usb key and in any case the firmware does not update.Yes, I copied the FW0020 folder to the root of the USB KEY and turned the machine on while holding down the "RESET" button hidden behind the display door.
Thanks for the answers. I tried various 1GB, 4GB, 8GB, usb2, usb3 chievette usb and in any case the firmware does not update.Yes, I copied the FW0020 folder to the root of the USB stick and turned the machine on while holding down the "RESET" button hidden behind the display door.

Bix
12-06-2019, 02:22 PM
Hi, the RESET button is for the TROUBLE RESET. In this case the word for error erasers should appear.
The RED button (stop) is what you need to use for the firmware. It may take about 1-2 minutes before something happens.

emujo2
12-06-2019, 02:25 PM
OK..lets assume you have the right firmware, loaded correctly on a working USB drive...Power on/button pressed, black dot appears, nothing happens..How long are you waiting before giving up, and what is the reason for the firmare update in the 1st place..If it's somehing like MFP would't boot, or I replaced MFP board, that info would be nice..E

OK..lets assume you have the right firmware, loaded correctly on a working USB drive...Power on/button pressed, black dot appears, nothing happens..How long are you waiting before giving up, and what is the reason for the firmare update in the 1st place..If it's somehing like MFP would't boot, or I replaced MFP board, that info would be nice..E

LOL had to do it twice..

tsbservice
12-06-2019, 02:38 PM
USB formatted as FAT32?
Somebody restricted from Admin menu USB Firmware Update?
Did you try different FW versions?

SUPERMIGHTYZ
12-06-2019, 04:33 PM
I have tried different Firmware downloaded from the official website. USB stick formatted in FAT32. No restrictions in the "Firmware update" menu.The button that I keep pressed is the "STOP", the bullet appears but nothing happens and the copier starts normally as if it didn't read the USB key
I have tried different Firmware downloaded from the official website. USB stick formatted in FAT32. No restrictions in the "Firmware update" menu.The button that I keep pressed is the "STOP", the bullet appears but nothing happens and the copier starts normally as if it didn't read the USB key

SUPERMIGHTYZ
12-06-2019, 05:31 PM
Problem solved. Key usb! Thanks

lillingtonnc
09-28-2023, 02:29 PM
i know this is old thread, but i have had issues with FW0020 on root of usb and i have had issues puuting it in FWSelect. Sounds stupid but it always works works when i put it on usb twice, on root and in FWSelect folder. Don't know why, just know it works.

bowser222
10-07-2023, 05:31 AM
glad you solved it.

copier tech
10-07-2023, 09:58 AM
i know this is old thread, but i have had issues with FW0020 on root of usb and i have had issues puuting it in FWSelect. Sounds stupid but it always works works when i put it on usb twice, on root and in FWSelect folder. Don't know why, just know it works.

You don't need to bother with the FWSelect folder.

I keep multiple models with just the FW00020 folders etc on one 8GB USB pen drive.

Synthohol
10-07-2023, 03:07 PM
just a reminder of what drives are konica certified...

Markks
10-10-2023, 12:38 AM
Reminder sometimes usb sticks stop working and formatting with windows doesn't work you need to use HP formatter tool. See attached bulletin . You can find this tool on Konica Minolta's site

Don N.
10-10-2023, 03:12 PM
Problem solved. Key usb! Thanks

Exactly what do you mean by KEY USB???

Seemed like you said earlier you tried multiple USB drives???

BTW, I have a C360i that won't load FW0020 from multiple USB's that work fine loading FW on other C250i/C300i/C360i machines. I'm holding the FW button, the dot appears, but never shows FW screen or loads FW. Eventually it reboots & stalls at about 50% progress bar.
Machine was working fine, ran gradation & user test prints, etc. then it crapped out when I tried to upgrade FW. It's a lease return machine. Now a brick.
I can't get into service mode either.

kingarthur
10-10-2023, 04:22 PM
You don't need to bother with the FWSelect folder.

I keep multiple models with just the FW00020 folders etc on one 8GB USB pen drive.

Same here, I've got FW for every colour model just "sitting" on my USB, no FWSelect folder

femaster
10-10-2023, 05:42 PM
REDACTED DUE TO SENILITY...

tsbservice
10-10-2023, 06:37 PM
FWSelect folder is if there are multiple firmwares for same model. Never used it one USB for all of them.

femaster
10-11-2023, 01:50 AM
FWSelect folder is if there are multiple firmwares for same model. Never used it one USB for all of them.

You are correct. I've redacted my previous post as the brain wasn't fully engaged at the time of posting.

tsbservice
10-11-2023, 08:11 AM
You are correct. I've redacted my previous post as the brain wasn't fully engaged at the time of posting.
Ahhh, I see now my answer may appear like posting over yours...which wasn't meant at all. I apologize.

femaster
10-11-2023, 04:01 PM
Ahhh, I see now my answer may appear like posting over yours...which wasn't meant at all. I apologize.

No problem at all, and certainly wasn't taken that way. I removed it since the information I supplied was not completely correct, and the last thing I want floating around is wrong information that might lead someone else astray in the future.

Rewind!
10-13-2023, 10:07 PM
I've also had end users unplug the USB passthrough cable to the board.... (8, I series). Beleive me when I say that i felt very dumb after 5 flashdrive swaps smh....

JC

Custom Search