PDA

View Full Version : C308 scan to network

Custom Search

deputydogg
12-06-2019, 01:31 PM
When you select the scan option from the display then select direct input option there is no email icon to select.

Printing and scanning to file on desktop is working just not email. When you put a document in the adf and select an address that has been programmed the START button never turns blue.

I can't figure out how to resolve this, I feel it is something simple that I'm missing.
Any suggestions ?

Thanks,
Dave

Synthohol
12-06-2019, 01:50 PM
does the HDD show as "installed"?

mo0651
12-06-2019, 02:04 PM
Has scan to e-mail been enabled??:cool:

emujo2
12-06-2019, 02:18 PM
There are a few settings that affect this..
Scan to email enabled (as the 1st poster mentioned), and another admin setting that removes everything but FAX from the scan screen. If you have authentication turned on the public user can be modifed, but I don't remember if its "enable/disable scan" or more drilled down to scan types. So, let us know if the FAX option is the only choice you have in SCAN. E

deputydogg
12-06-2019, 02:26 PM
does the HDD show as "installed"?

As this is the first KM machine I've seen I'm not sure how to determine that ?
Printing and scanning to file on desktop is working just not email. When you put a document in the adf and select an address that has been programmed the START button never turns blue.
Thanks

emujo2
12-06-2019, 02:28 PM
Probably missing the admin/MFP "from address" in this case. E

deputydogg
12-06-2019, 02:29 PM
There are a few settings that affect this..
Scan to email enabled (as the 1st poster mentioned), and another admin setting that removes everything but FAX from the scan screen. If you have authentication turned on the public user can be modifed, but I don't remember if its "enable/disable scan" or more drilled down to scan types. So, let us know if the FAX option is the only choice you have in SCAN. E

The network guy says scan to email is enabled. It doesn't have a fax kit on it, it shows scan only.
Thanks

emujo2
12-06-2019, 02:30 PM
As this is the first KM machine I've seen I'm not sure how to determine that ?
Thanks
Your post is confusing..1st post says scan to email not available, then you follow up with address is selectable but start button won't turn blue..Which is it???

deputydogg
12-06-2019, 02:56 PM
Your post is confusing..1st post says scan to email not available, then you follow up with address is selectable but start button won't turn blue..Which is it???
I apologize if I did't word it correctly. The email addresses show up in the address book but when you select one the start button doesn't turn blue it stays red. If you select direct input there is no email icon to select.
Does that help ?
Thanks,
Dave

emujo2
12-06-2019, 03:58 PM
I think you have 2 issues..
1. Admin/Security/Security details/Restrict Manual Destination Input--Ensure this is OFF..This should bring your scan menu direct input choices back.
2. Verify you have a "from address" set. This needs to be done under admin/system settings, it will copy over to email SMTP TX, the only address you can fill in here is the admin email address. Lack of the from address is the only reason I have ever seen that you could see the 1 touch buttons and select them but START would never go blue.
You may also want to let us know if this is a used machine, or may have had some kind of vendor device mounted at one point. Putting a machine in Vendor mode makes some new default settings that do not get changed back when the vendor mode is unset. This is not very common, but used machines that were in PKI mode is, and many resellers do not have an understanding on how to remove PKI. E

tsbservice
12-06-2019, 04:35 PM
Agree with emujo2 on first issue.
Check this and make sure [Allow All] is selected.
[Utility]

[Administrator Settings]

[Security Settings]

[Security Details]

[Manual Destination Input]

Also HDD may be checked in service mode under system 2.

Froota
12-09-2019, 08:15 AM
Isn't it so that you have to put on the option for mail TX and RX via the webadmin?
I think, even if this option to send mails from the device is off, you still can manage your adressbook to put in mailaddresses.
So check if your mail TX (SMTP) option is turned on. Or just try to reboot your device. Maybe you mistooked the option mail RX instead of TX?

Regards,

Custom Search