PDA

View Full Version : Awakening from causal energy savings

Custom Search

Bix
12-06-2019, 02:10 PM
Hi,

I had several bizhubs in the office, from the oldest to the most recent iSeries. Most of them have standard energy saving configurations. Sometimes, for no apparent reason, they wake up from energy savings. This happened to me on Bizhub C258, 4052, C300i etc.

I never found a definitive solution, I tried to reduce the sensitivity to "touch the panel to wake up from saving energy" to -2 but without great results. The only definitive solution is to deactivate the awakening by touching the panel but to some it might be annoying to wake up the screen with a button.

Do you have any experience and advice?

tsbservice
12-06-2019, 04:55 PM
Bix, our office machine C250i was doing the same. As I usually arrive first in the morning machine maybe 1 or 2 times per a week wasn't in sleep mode.
Such things irritates me, because I don't know why it's happening. I deleted/removed all Marketplace crap that seems to help.
As you have mixed fleet between models I don't know what to advice regarding older ones, but keep digging :D

copyman
12-06-2019, 07:01 PM
I have also seen this before but never really found an answer. I always turn off the sleep mode because of the issues with the 3 & 4 series waking up. Don't some Kon/Min models have a feature that senses when you walk near machine and it wakes up?

EarthKmTech
12-06-2019, 11:54 PM
Known issue on early i series to continuously wake from sleep mode. 30% of early panels have a grounding issue in relation to the proximity sensor.

Panel replacement is not required. An additional ground wire from panel frame to proximity sensor fixes the problem. This is my self made cable, I did not have smaller terminals to use. KMBT is looking at providing conductive foil tape as a solution.

The fix is very easy and it works.

Bulletin for reference; PSKM_BT1928457EN

copier tech
12-07-2019, 01:37 PM
Hi,

I had several bizhubs in the office, from the oldest to the most recent iSeries. Most of them have standard energy saving configurations. Sometimes, for no apparent reason, they wake up from energy savings. This happened to me on Bizhub C258, 4052, C300i etc.

I never found a definitive solution, I tried to reduce the sensitivity to "touch the panel to wake up from saving energy" to -2 but without great results. The only definitive solution is to deactivate the awakening by touching the panel but to some it might be annoying to wake up the screen with a button.

Do you have any experience and advice?

This is caused by temperature & humidity fluctuations the machine does a warm up cycle to prevent condensation etc.

tsbservice
12-07-2019, 01:42 PM
Known issue on early i series to continuously wake from sleep mode. 30% of early panels have a grounding issue in relation to the proximity sensor.

Panel replacement is not required. An additional ground wire from panel frame to proximity sensor fixes the problem. This is my self made cable, I did not have smaller terminals to use. KMBT is looking at providing conductive foil tape as a solution.

As you have turned off PMs I have to ask you here, from where you get that bulletin? Can't find it in mykonicaminolta.

EarthKmTech
12-07-2019, 10:01 PM
As you have turned off PMs I have to ask you here, from where you get that bulletin? Can't find it in mykonicaminolta.

May not be public in your country.

On the i series, just press the power button on LHS of panel and wait up to 10 minutes, if it wakes up by itself with no reason this will be the cause.

On the one I had - press the button and within 10 seconds, bang it was on again, every time.

Attached the grounding wire as per the bulletin and problem solved.

Bix
12-09-2019, 01:53 PM
This is caused by temperature & humidity fluctuations the machine does a warm up cycle to prevent condensation etc.

It seems strange to me because if I deactivate the awakening by touch on the panel, the C250i does not turn on by itself.
I think I consider the grounding hypothesis. But is it a forgotten piece or just a lack in the first released MFPs, like the thickness for the toners?
I happened to disassemble a panel in the 8 series and if I'm not mistaken, that cable is present. Now I understand its usefulness

EarthKmTech
12-11-2019, 07:23 AM
It seems strange to me because if I deactivate the awakening by touch on the panel, the C250i does not turn on by itself.
I think I consider the grounding hypothesis. But is it a forgotten piece or just a lack in the first released MFPs, like the thickness for the toners?

The floating ground for the proximity sensor is because of the conductive foam used in the early panels is not conductive enough.

The addition of the ground wire as per the image solves the problem.

Bix
12-11-2019, 07:56 AM
The floating ground for the proximity sensor is because of the conductive foam used in the early panels is not conductive enough.

The addition of the ground wire as per the image solves the problem.

thank you!Any advice on where to recover such a cable, even from other MFPs? Until now, I found only 50cm long cables

tsbservice
12-13-2019, 01:29 PM
May not be public in your country.

On the i series, just press the power button on LHS of panel and wait up to 10 minutes, if it wakes up by itself with no reason this will be the cause.

On the one I had - press the button and within 10 seconds, bang it was on again, every time.

Attached the grounding wire as per the bulletin and problem solved.

Yep, finally caught our office machine doing exactly what you describe. That needle me enough to make a quick ground connection from a paper clip and insulating tape.
Now it sleeps. EKmT rocks!

occus
12-18-2019, 01:52 PM

It's the same for the 250i Series? or only for 258?

Bix
12-18-2019, 02:52 PM
It's the same for the 250i Series? or only for 258?

also applies to ineo 250i
However does anyone know where it is possible to find a wire ground from some MFP or part list?

EarthKmTech
01-03-2020, 03:24 AM
also applies to ineo 250i
However does anyone know where it is possible to find a wire ground from some MFP or part list?

I made my own cable.

PS the bulletin is strictly in relaition to I series.

I'm unaware of a problem with 8 series but if it works on them too id be interested to know, as would KM

blackcat4866
01-03-2020, 12:19 PM
Good to know! Thanks for sharing. =^..^=

Bix
01-09-2020, 08:32 AM
Hi, I confirm after several weeks that the solution is effective! Keep going regularly to standby. Only strange thing, I hear the speaker making a small noise (as if knocking) every minute.

Another thing, one morning I tried to wake her up, the MFP didn't wake up in any way. I have the default power settings, what do you think is the option that could cause this?

Bix
01-10-2020, 08:27 AM
Ummm ... yesterday I think I brought bad luck.
The C250i has started to turn itself on again, even with the ground wire:confused:

Bix
01-14-2020, 11:15 AM
Update: I've fixed the cable better and it seems to go back to standby.

But I have two curiosities:
1. I notice that the display when you touch it sometimes from a feeling of static electricity.
2. Does a new display have a grounding cable or is the proximity device simply changed? Did any of you understand what exactly causes this?

tsbservice
01-14-2020, 11:44 AM
Mine machine sleeps like a champ after this mode. I have a feeling that some of first produced C250i had something wrong maybe MFPB minor change on later produced machines.

occus
01-21-2020, 11:22 AM
After a test with the ground cable on 3 machines inhouse for 2 weeks i thought we had the solution but now i have a 250i GC1-75 which still wakes up again and again...

Bix
02-06-2020, 03:14 PM
After a test with the ground cable on 3 machines inhouse for 2 weeks i thought we had the solution but now i have a 250i GC1-75 which still wakes up again and again...

I advise you to add a washer under the screw that connects to the ground. C250i also casually started waking up to me after this solution. The cable, although apparently well connected, was not. After several movements of the monitor, something has moved. Perhaps the grounding made a false contact being slightly larger than the screw.

tsbservice
02-11-2020, 08:48 AM
There is new FW available ver. G00-79

Bix
02-11-2020, 09:06 AM
Yes, I have seen it too, but the logs are always the same. Apart from some translation improvements, it seems that they always solve the usual problems that have theoretically already been solved :confused::cool:

Custom Search