PDA

View Full Version : bizhub 458e fusing Unit error code c-3726

Custom Search

CopierNerd
12-10-2019, 03:42 PM
Greetings,

I want experts, seniors and fellow techs to share their experience about fusing unit problem. I think there is some kind of manufacturing problem with these new fusing units. I have experienced 3 to 4 fusing units giving 3726 and 3725 which resulted in unit replacement. Total counter was less than 100k usually below 50,000 prints these new 8e series are giving this damned code. I do not know why.

I have done trouble reset.
Checked and cleaned temperature sensors.
Decreased fusing temperature.
Humidity and inside temperature is normal.

I am looking for answers? how can this be when the life of fusing unit is 580,000

qbert69
12-10-2019, 03:53 PM
Greetings,

I want experts, seniors and fellow techs to share their experience about fusing unit problem. I think there is some kind of manufacturing problem with these new fusing units. I have experienced 3 to 4 fusing units giving 3726 and 3725 which resulted in unit replacement. Total counter was less than 100k usually below 50,000 prints these new 8e series are giving this damned code. I do not know why.

I have done trouble reset.
Checked and cleaned temperature sensors.
Decreased fusing temperature.
Humidity and inside temperature is normal.

I am looking for answers? how can this be when the life of fusing unit is 580,000My Number One Question:

ARE YOU USING OEM TONER?!?!?!

[emoji848]

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Bix
12-10-2019, 03:55 PM
I believe they are made of biodegradable material. I joke but I have not yet had the pleasure of replacing one with 600k, as per the manual. I have several 8e series fusers that I had to replace at 200k because they start to really sh** in print.

edit: always all OEM, with regular maintenance and regular filter replacement.

CopierNerd
12-10-2019, 04:00 PM
My Number One Question:

ARE YOU USING OEM TONER?!?!?!

[emoji848]

Toner is OEM for sure.

how toner can be the reason?

Bix
12-10-2019, 04:04 PM
Toner is OEM for sure.

how toner can be the reason?
In some cases, after some time, the fuser can no longer clean itself with the non-original toner that remains attached. So it could lead to poor print quality or various problems.

qbert69
12-10-2019, 04:55 PM
Toner is OEM for sure.

how toner can be the reason?Non-OEM toner can be formulated differently and if the fuser temperature is too low will cause toner buildup on the contact thermistors. I've seen it happen on Ricoh/Savin and to fix it, bump the paper setting to one thickness heavier to compensate and correct.[emoji41][emoji1303]

tsbservice
12-10-2019, 06:35 PM
Non-OEM toner can be formulated differently and if the fuser temperature is too low will cause toner buildup on the contact thermistors. I've seen it happen on Ricoh/Savin and to fix it, bump the paper setting to one thickness heavier to compensate and correct.[emoji41][emoji1303]

Sooner or later those types of workarounds always strike low back ;)
Crap paper will always do premature wear whole machine and fuser is one of the most affected .

allan
12-10-2019, 09:02 PM
So the fuser is in other wise good shape?
Could be crappy NTC's
So if you reset the code does it atleast work ok for a while?
Check the set temperature against the actual temperature.
Try lowering the fuser temp by 5 to 10 deg.
Running LEF or SEF when the error occurs?

Use a tester to check the NTC's against one out of the box.
Could be a control issue, try changing fuser control mode.

CopierNerd
12-11-2019, 04:01 AM
So the fuser is in other wise good shape?
Could be crappy NTC's
So if you reset the code does it atleast work ok for a while?
Check the set temperature against the actual temperature.
Try lowering the fuser temp by 5 to 10 deg.
Running LEF or SEF when the error occurs?

Use a tester to check the NTC's against one out of the box.
Could be a control issue, try changing fuser control mode.

Allan I didn't get NTC's? Can you please elaborate? I have lowered the set temperature to -10 but still it gives error code. Yes, you are right it works for a while after resetting. But after some copies same error appears. The thermistors used in these fusing units are non contact type. The condition is just like new. Overall fusing unit is perfect. You can easily guess 45000 prints can effect its condition? NTC is new for me. If you provide details then I can check.
Thanks

allan
12-11-2019, 05:29 AM
NTC = termistor. Negative Temperature Coefficient. Polymer device that lowers resistance if heated up.

So if you move this fuser to a known good machine do you get the same result?

You can do warranty claim on this kind of failure if you can prove its the fuser.

CopierNerd
12-11-2019, 07:03 AM
NTC = termistor. Negative Temperature Coefficient. Polymer device that lowers resistance if heated up.

So if you move this fuser to a known good machine do you get the same result?

You can do warranty claim on this kind of failure if you can prove its the fuser.

I have checked it on other machine. Fusing unit gives same error code which means problem is with the NTCs. Warranty can be claimed but I want to know the reason why this is happening with 8e series? Are these new 8 models are crap due to this fusing unit trouble? Or there is some kind of environmental issue?

allan
12-11-2019, 07:58 AM
Have not experienced this myself.
Check the lamp resistance and the NTC resistance and see if there is a difference there compared to a good one.

If the sensors are set to close this could be an issue or if they are to far it could cause the thermal fuse to go.
Not sure if these have IR radiation detection like some production machines.

blackcat4866
12-12-2019, 12:30 AM
Mine was a C3826 (C368), but I only had a peripheral role. The machine was down and I got handed the fuser to install. This machine had two fusers for that reason to my knowledge. =^..^=

EarthKmTech
12-12-2019, 06:11 AM
Here in the 240v /50hz part of the world i have still never replaced a fuser on one of these. For a fault anyway- I have changed at life.

I’ve reset an error twice only and never returned.

I have however changed just about every drum at 50% life on the 8e series.

I’m thinking by this, it must be environmental.

rrrohan
12-12-2019, 09:19 AM
on the bright side no ozone filters lol

Custom Search