PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Bizhub C224e - developing unit

Custom Search

lebo
12-11-2019, 12:37 PM
Hello I am interested in your experience.
Problem: Blue messing at the edge of the papers, caused by cyan developing unit.
I can see the developing unit has irregular magnetick brush ( very pure amount of starter on magnetic roller)

I changed cyan developing unit for another older good dev. unit and I installed it as a new article by alternate chip because new unit is terribly expensive. But the same problem cames back after about 6 months.

What are your experiences with this problem ?

Great thanks for your advices.

copyman
12-11-2019, 12:48 PM
Problem: Blue messing at the edge of the papers, caused by cyan developing unit.
I can see the developing unit has irregular magnetick brush ( very pure amount of starter on magnetic roller)

I changed cyan developing unit for another older good dev. unit and I installed it as a new article by alternate chip because new unit is terribly expensive. But the same problem cames back after about 6 months.

Relace ANY over life drums. This is what causes developer loss. Search this forum there is a lot of information about this.

emujo2
12-11-2019, 01:11 PM
yeah this can be a big problem..Depending on the age and copy count there could be other factors as well..

1. Any conumable that has reached its life (drum, dev, xfer belt, xfer roller)
2. HVT or the HVT contacts
3. Blocked toner filters and/or the ducting
4. Image erase LEDs

My advice would be to pick the machine up and trouble shoot in your shop..You can throw used items in until you find the root of the problem..If you don't find the cause you will be replacing that developer over and over. E

SAR
12-11-2019, 01:48 PM
Also, check and clean the 2 IDC sensors for the transfer belt. Look in service mode at the warning code list and see if you have had any P-5 OR P-28 codes.
If you have, then that could be causing your problem.

lebo
12-16-2019, 09:22 PM
Thank you for your replay. Erace lamp is going well. It is possible that cyan photocondoctor roller is very old, I don“t know its history, my customer bought this machine at second hand cca two years ago.
I decided to replace cyan photoconductor with new one and repase cyan developer unit with alternate starter.

I was wrong I didn“t change photoconductor roller at the same time with developer unit a year ago.

copyman
12-16-2019, 11:19 PM
Other poster is right it can be caused by many things but 99.9% of the time it's a bad drum so I don't even mention the other things, unless someone said they already replaced drum.

Also if you searched this forum for C224 developer loss you will of seen that you can use the less expensive black developer unit with changing the chip and running 60 11x17 halftones to deplete all black toner and see gradually change to whatever color you had replaced. Shhh don't tell too many people this tip......

copier tech
12-17-2019, 12:01 PM

The secret to this issue is replace any IU, Dev or transfer unit once they are past life & NEVER use compatible toner also check the filters are not clogged. (see attached)

copyman
12-17-2019, 01:10 PM

The secret to this issue is replace any IU, Dev or transfer unit once they are past life & NEVER use compatible toner also check the filters are not clogged. (see attached)

I disagree about replacing consumables as soon as indicated, especially with contract customers. I've crunched the numbers and you will actually lose money if you replace every consumable right at end of life. This is based on the industry norm of 6 cent for color and 1 cent for B&W. You will save so much more money if you wait until a developer unit craps out (usually magenta or cyan) then replace ONLY the developer unit that dumped & drum at that time. The main reason Kon/Min came up with a F/W to turn off consumable mesages several years ago, and now new machines come from factory with "stop" suspended, is because dealers were complaining they were losing money!

I just can't justify replacing $600 imaging units, $500 fuser, $300 trans belt, etc when these consumables will normally last 2 or 3 lifes!

This is just my opinion and do what is right for you. Might be easier if you work for a big company and can take a $600 image unit off the shelf for a customer. But if your own company and you want to make money TURN OFF end of life messages and ride it out!

copier tech
12-17-2019, 02:21 PM
I disagree about replacing consumables as soon as indicated, especially with contract customers. I've crunched the numbers and you will actually lose money if you replace every consumable right at end of life. This is based on the industry norm of 6 cent for color and 1 cent for B&W. You will save so much more money if you wait until a developer unit craps out (usually magenta or cyan) then replace ONLY the developer unit that dumped & drum at that time. The main reason Kon/Min came up with a F/W to turn off consumable mesages several years ago, and now new machines come from factory with "stop" suspended, is because dealers were complaining they were losing money!

I just can't justify replacing $600 imaging units, $500 fuser, $300 trans belt, etc when these consumables will normally last 2 or 3 lifes!

This is just my opinion and do what is right for you. Might be easier if you work for a big company and can take a $600 image unit off the shelf for a customer. But if your own company and you want to make money TURN OFF end of life messages and ride it out!

Once this issue occurs if you only replace the developer each time it fails after just a few thousand prints you will make a loss.

Dev units are around £350 so £50 every say 2000 prints crunch those numbers.

copyman
12-18-2019, 01:40 AM
Once this issue occurs if you only replace the developer each time it fails after just a few thousand prints you will make a loss.

Dev units are around £350 so £50 every say 2000 prints crunch those numbers.

Like I said you have to do what you feel works for you. Have at least 100 "4" series in operation and this has worked for me, especially being self employed. Have many C224's 500k+ counts and haven't had any consumables at all, none! Of course change toner & empty waste box. Some of these customers haven't had a service call in years. Heck some of them still have the orange packing tape on print head cleaning wand and never used!

Custom Search