PDA

View Full Version : CQ External counter install

Custom Search

patrickjlc
12-11-2019, 02:49 PM
Us it possible to install an external counter and switch on the bizhub c364? Like to enable copier for selfservice use on store?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Bix
12-11-2019, 03:03 PM
Hi, I don't understand your question well.

Maybe you want to limit the use of the printer? If the answer is yes, you can create "account track". This function allows you to trace the counter of each "account" and to limit certain functions.

JDYAL
12-11-2019, 03:29 PM
I use to work for a company that did convenience copies (convenience stores, Walmart,Ect.) We always installed a switch (on/off) that had a meter also behind the counter of the store. The switch could allow copying by putting the machine in standby while also having a electronic meter to count copies. Not sure where you can get one but it is possible. We had these on older analog Mita and Savin machines and this was almost 20 years ago.

patrickjlc
12-11-2019, 03:45 PM
I use to work for a company that did convenience copies (convenience stores, Walmart,Ect.) We always installed a switch (on/off) that had a meter also behind the counter of the store. The switch could allow copying by putting the machine in standby while also having a electronic meter to count copies. Not sure where you can get one but it is possible. We had these on older analog Mita and Savin machines and this was almost 20 years ago.Yes, that is what i want. I would like to install that or a coinop machine.

JDYAL
12-11-2019, 03:52 PM
Personally the coin op is the way to go. Had plenty of these in Post Offices. The only problem is keeping the coin op working. People love to put more than coins in the slot. There are several companies that make coin ops for copiers. You just have to Google and find what you're looking for, or maybe someone else on CTN may have a vendor they use.

JDYAL
12-11-2019, 03:56 PM

Here is an example.

oldschool
12-11-2019, 04:09 PM
We sell a remote copy counter that is used in a lot of UPS stores. It's called a True Count (https://www.jamexvending.com/series/true-count-remote-access-control). It's basically a box with a button to enable the copier and sits next to the cash register. As copies are made the counts show up on the True Count. It will show count color copies separate from B/W copies. We have Vend Stations (http://www.jamexvending.com/series/9550-series-network-enabled-payment-solutions) as well. I believe these can also be purchased directly through Konica Minolta or from us. I show the True Count number as (7640014087) but I can't find the Konica Minolta number for the vend station

emujo2
12-11-2019, 05:53 PM
My UPS stores in the area have several solutions..

1. EX Trans..(credit card reader)
2. Account Track- they give access codes to after hours customers
3. External analog counter..the receptical is added to the MFP vendor plug, enable in vendor mode, and cut the loopback wire..mech counter completes the circuit and increments for each copy that flags the fuser exit sensor.

oldschool
12-12-2019, 10:24 PM
I did want to mention that the True count uses the Vendor II connection and not the key counter connection as the key counter doesn't really differentiate between color and B/W copies. For a B/W only machine you could still use a True Count connected to the key counter but any mechanical counter would work just fine. No matter where you end up getting your solution, be sure the manufacturer uses the Vendor II interface if you want to separate color from B/W. If the customer doesn't care then the key counter is the best option. Also to note, on most Konica Minolta machines the vendor II mode disables banner printing. If the customer uses that feature, The key counter option is the best route.

patrickjlc
12-13-2019, 12:58 AM
We sell a remote copy counter that is used in a lot of UPS stores. It's called a True Count (https://www.jamexvending.com/series/true-count-remote-access-control). It's basically a box with a button to enable the copier and sits next to the cash register. As copies are made the counts show up on the True Count. It will show count color copies separate from B/W copies. We have Vend Stations (http://www.jamexvending.com/series/9550-series-network-enabled-payment-solutions) as well. I believe these can also be purchased directly through Konica Minolta or from us. I show the True Count number as (7640014087) but I can't find the Konica Minolta number for the vend stationI use those vend stations with my Mita and Taskalfa machines, but recently started getting the Konica machines, and wanted to use the coin op on them. Thanks for the help.

Custom Search