PDA

View Full Version : IC-303 System and User Software ISOs

Custom Search

orestesp
12-11-2019, 09:10 PM
Greetings,

Does anyone happen to have the .iso files for the System Software and User Software disks for the Fiery S450 (IC-303) so I can burn them to a blank DVD and install the system software using these?

The System Software DVD that came with it hangs at "Uncompressing Linux... OK Booting to Kernel", while other bootable DVDs that I've tried worked just fine.

Thanks.

Synthohol
12-11-2019, 10:12 PM
linux is used to write the image to HDD. totally normal.

im sending you links as soon as they download.

orestesp
12-12-2019, 10:15 AM
Just an update:

I can only boot to the System Software DVD only via a SATA DVD drive that I just added. The Fiery's own DVD drive doesn't seem to work properly.

After it boots, it hangs at the "Booting to Kernel Part" and after a while the DVD drive seems to stop spinning.

I can't get past this point in the installation. I never get the "All files will be deleted do you wish to continue" prompt in the Fiery's LCD.

Any ideas on what am I doing wrong? Could it be the DVD disk itself is faulty?

Thanks.

orestesp
12-15-2019, 11:15 AM
Synthohol, thank you.

After 4 days of downtime, I finally managed to get the Fiery back up and running again. It turns out that is must have had v3.0+ installed on it, not sure as to which exact one, and there was some anti-roll back protection in place, rendering the v1.1 disks that came with it useless. I was able to install v2.1 from the disks that you kindly provided me with, and I am now pleased to report that it works as it should, apart from a few minor inconveniences.

Thanks again for your help.

Synthohol
12-15-2019, 04:33 PM
i have 3.0 system but the 3.0 user .iso keeps failing to download from KM.
ill keep trying so if successful ill PM you.

orestesp
12-15-2019, 06:33 PM
i have 3.0 system but the 3.0 user .iso keeps failing to download from KM.
ill keep trying so if successful ill PM you.

Thank you, but before putting yourself into any further trouble, please read this.

Is there any reason that I would want to upgrade from v2.1 to v3.0a? Any major fixes? I'm kinda reluctant to the idea of experimenting with the Fiery any further right now.

The only thing that I would want to fix is for the Fiery to use metric paper sizes instead of imperial for e.g. printing its configuration page and other things like that, and not asking for colour specific paper when I am trying to print literally anything from it. Also, the "Detail Check" menu is now gone, which quickly allowed me to change the paper setting for the selected tray, which is a shame.

Finally, are there any patches I need to install? And if I were to install v3.0a, would I follow the same procedure as I did with installing v2.1 or it won't have to delete everything and then install itself?

Thanks.

Synthohol
12-15-2019, 06:43 PM
probably tons of patches.
use the fiery download manager and let it update itself.

orestesp
12-15-2019, 06:54 PM
probably tons of patches.
use the fiery download manager and let it update itself.

I am guessing I will have to access it via remote desktop?

Also, I made a few changes to my previous post, could you please take a second look at it? I just got my hands on v.3.0a isos and it turns out that they will update it to system 9, should I pull the trigger?

Synthohol
12-15-2019, 09:00 PM
honestly, im a "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" kind of guy.
if it is fully functional then let it be until there is an issue.
then maybe we can look up an appropriate patch if needed.
also, isnt 3.0 windows 7? the older ones are XP based i believe.
how much ram is installed? i think the 3.0 upgrade kit had a new bios and 2 more gig of ram.

orestesp
12-15-2019, 09:11 PM
honestly, im a "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" kind of guy.
if it is fully functional then let it be until there is an issue.
then maybe we can look up an appropriate patch if needed.
also, isnt 3.0 windows 7? the older ones are XP based i believe.
how much ram is installed? i think the 3.0 upgrade kit had a new bios and 2 more gig of ram.

No clue if 3.0 is Win 7 based, but v2.1 is certainly Win XP.

Only 1 GB is installed right now, so I am guessing 3.0a is a no go?

Synthohol
12-15-2019, 09:20 PM
i would not risk it for 2 reasons, windows key and lack of ram.
were you able to enter the XP key on the label from the fiery alright?

orestesp
12-15-2019, 09:21 PM
i would not risk it for 2 reasons, windows key and lack of ram.
were you able to enter the XP key on the label from the fiery alright?

I was never asked, and there is no Win XP label anywhere, just a Win XP embedded sticker with no serial number on it.

I'll just stay put then. Thanks.

methogod
12-16-2019, 03:33 AM
Never used the IC303 but on the IC305 i found 3.0A is a must. Fixes a ton of problems, including server drop out/drop off.

You need to locally install 3.0a system and then user. Which i sent you. Have it create a new install, don't upgrade... if you have issues you may need to with a wiped hard drive. The format of the older OS versions 1.1, 2.1 etc used a odd propriety boot image/format. Windows sometimes cant clear it.

Based on the ago of the fiery i would replace the hard drive as well if you want any reliability.
You will then need to install a SSL patch, which will fix the auto update.

Been running the embedded XP fierys for a long time, they don't lock you out like other newer OS's.

good luck.

printopia-prt
01-13-2024, 10:43 PM
Is there anyone who has that software and would like to share it?
It seems like I am in the exact same situation.
Thank you.

Synthohol
01-14-2024, 02:15 PM
Is there anyone who has that software and would like to share it?
It seems like I am in the exact same situation.
Thank you.

sent you a link to what i have for that model.
hope something helps.

printopia-prt
01-15-2024, 06:31 PM
Sure did help.
Thank you so much.

As I said before... great man!!!

Custom Search