PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Any better way for Gradation Adjustment

Custom Search

denvertan
12-12-2019, 11:08 AM
This is my first attempt to perform gradation adjustment in CE mode. Many things I am still learning but this few things caught my attention today.
I have followed the Service Manual as close as I can without missing a step.

1. All zeros in FEET during "Print". Does this normal ?

2. Any formula for me to adjust the conv value ? Because now I am trying it with what service manual say 0.03 in density. (What does this 0.03 density really about. I googled but the information are not that help. :(:(

3. At first attempt for Auto Gradation, my PRINT get a very close colour match with the sample from a larger production machine.
But following a few Gradation adjustment (event after I have do Stabilization + Initial Data) the colour never come back. Now I am always overtone.
Left = first gradation printout, right = overtone printout, center = original

Any expert comment and help is much appreciated !!!;);)

Meter: all less than 250k
Developer, Drum (compatible) is new.

tsbservice
12-12-2019, 11:22 AM
You can always try to lower toner density a few steps in SM.

denvertan
12-13-2019, 08:20 AM
Set the M, K, Y to "-10" still produce overtone like 5% better maybe . :confused::confused:

Bix
12-13-2019, 09:09 AM
Hi, when you initialize the gradation values, the MFP sets the perfection value: 0

The value 0, however, is almost impossible, even on an MFP just out of the carton. At the first graduation, you'll get values that must be in the +/- 100 range to be considered good.To better understand your problem, you tell us the model of the MFP, the status of the consumables and whether you are using OEM parts

denvertan
12-13-2019, 09:19 AM
Hi, when you initialize the gradation values, the MFP sets the perfection value: 0

The value 0, however, is almost impossible, even on an MFP just out of the carton. At the first graduation, you'll get values that must be in the +/- 100 range to be considered good.To better understand your problem, you tell us the model of the MFP, the status of the consumables and whether you are using OEM parts

Model is KM C364e
All Consumable is at level 100% besides transfer belt at around 40%

My issue is the machine now is overtone cannot even tune down.
And at CE Mode Gradation Machine have a "FEET" at PRINT is all ZEROs. (Restarted it many time still zeros)
While my other KM 4 series all have some value there, so I suspect some sensor is faulty. :D

And this machine also have this issue. colour flakes at printing. (I try adjusted the Heater Temperature from level 1, to 4 all still produce 1st page with colour flakes)

Bix
12-13-2019, 09:44 AM
I believe the drums have ended their lives. When replacing the color drums, it is recommended to change them together.
At 250k they almost did a second cycle. At 300k you should change the transfer belt.

Those marks seem to come from the fuser, perhaps some toner has remained attached. Try opening the fuser door and see if the fuser roller is dirty.

copier tech
12-13-2019, 09:49 AM
Model is KM C364e
All Consumable is at level 100% besides transfer belt at around 40%

My issue is the machine now is overtone cannot even tune down.
And at CE Mode Gradation Machine have a "FEET" at PRINT is all ZEROs. (Restarted it many time still zeros)
While my other KM 4 series all have some value there, so I suspect some sensor is faulty. :D

And this machine also have this issue. colour flakes at printing. (I try adjusted the Heater Temperature from level 1, to 4 all still produce 1st page with colour flakes)

Compatible toner?

tsbservice
12-13-2019, 10:09 AM
Set the M, K, Y to "-10" still produce overtone like 5% better maybe . :confused::confused:
What do you mean by "-10" ? Setting range is -3 to +3.

denvertan
12-13-2019, 10:54 AM
Compatible toner?

It original, it start to happen with I changed the [Heater Level Control] from level 3 to 4 due to a electric sound from the right panel. :(

What do you mean by "-10" ? Setting range is -3 to +3.

I adjusted the [Max Image Density Adj] the value available is from -10 to +10.
Am I adjusted the wrong parameter ?:rolleyes:

tsbservice
12-13-2019, 11:36 AM
Do TCR Level Setting in steps, first -1, then maybe -2 or -3, but you have to run some pages between machine decreases toner concentration.

copier addict
12-13-2019, 06:51 PM
It sounds like you are messing with a lot of settings. I would back up all the address book and network data and do a complete data clear. That should put all settings back to factory. Then you can run your gradation.

tsbservice
12-13-2019, 07:01 PM
Yes, looks like this machine is used as training ground.

denvertan
12-14-2019, 01:24 AM
It sounds like you are messing with a lot of settings. I would back up all the address book and network data and do a complete data clear. That should put all settings back to factory. Then you can run your gradation.
Is all in factory default.

Yes, looks like this machine is used as training ground.
Yes, this machine is for learning colour tunning purpose.

Bix
12-17-2019, 04:20 PM
I think the Service Mode settings are the only ones that can't be restored. I have often done Clear ALL + Format Logical HDD and the Service Mode settings have always remained the same.

Custom Search