PDA

View Full Version : C454e "TPM chip has been changed"

Custom Search

mascan42
12-12-2019, 12:28 PM
After replacing the SSDB for a constant rebooting problem, the machine asked to re-input the serial number - I had lost all info including the meters. I entered the serial # and a couple of other settings in the service mode - enabled the HDD, fixed the unit change settings - and rebooted. Now I get the message "TPM chip has been changed. Initialize TPM settings." Could I have missed a step or done something to mess this up? I only ask because I didn't get the message immediately, only after changing settings.

Zesti
12-12-2019, 12:42 PM
Have you consulted SM???
There are steps for TPM..

mascan42
12-12-2019, 12:52 PM
Have you consulted SM???
There are steps for TPM..

I have it. They want me to replace the SSDB again. I just want to know if I caused this somehow by missing a step in my settings.

Synthohol
12-12-2019, 12:58 PM
did you select "backup engine data" BEFORE changing the SSDB? then choose restore after its 3rd reboot?

mascan42
12-12-2019, 01:03 PM
did you select "backup engine data" BEFORE changing the SSDB? then choose restore after its 3rd reboot?

It wouldn't boot up, and I couldn't get into service mode. Just constant power cycling every 30 seconds.

jwai
12-12-2019, 04:08 PM
My experience is, replace both SSD and MFP, solved.

srvctec
12-12-2019, 10:55 PM
Also, there is a F/W update to GHV-M1 for here in the states that KM basically says HAS to be installed to prevent the TPM issue. The sad thing is the F/W came out over a year ago but all it said was to install to prevent loss of data. But it said to install the F/W on the next service call. Doesn't sound too serious, right? Fast forward to a few weeks ago and they FINALLY gave details on why this F/W must be installed on all 4e series machines (except the top two largest in the whole series, C/654e & C/754e). We've been getting more serious about installing the F/W since they actually gave details on what could happen.

IMO, this should have been one of those things they paid us to do because if you get the TPM message, it's a RPIA to get the machine back up and running according to KBA00048704. Of course, now when I try to find that KB article, it's not there.

Here are the details from it, that I have saved from the Solutions.

Problem
The MFP (bizhub 4e series) will suddenly lose it's meters and serial number
Note: The following messages will be shown and will not clear:
"TPM Chip has been changed"
"Only black and white printing is possible."
"Fax is currently unavailable"
"Banner Print Job in Queue"

Solution
CAUSE: Issue will occur after turning off the machine for a while specially after the weekend.
SOLUTION:
1. Have a new, unused SSDB, but do not install it yet.
2. Order a new MFP Board
3. Flash the MFPB with the Reset Tool 3 Times total with the old SSD Board.
4. Once the 3rd flash of the MFPB says complete, turn off the MFP (DO NOT REBOOT).
5. Install the new SSDB.
6. Insert firmware stick with (latest base firmware) and turn the MFP on.
7. When the firmware screen comes up check/correct Machine and Type, then flash firmware.
8. After firmware has loaded, turn on the MFP normally.
9. You may or may not get a CD390, Allow the MFP to perform it's recovery process if the CD390
occurs.
10.When the machine comes up, it should behave like a brand new machine again and will need serial
number entered.
11. In some cases, the entire install process may need to be done (security lines might occur.)
12.Install the preventive firmware GHVM1

The original technical bulletin is 11472.

mascan42
12-12-2019, 11:03 PM
Also, there is a F/W update to GHV-M1 for here in the states that KM basically says HAS to be installed to prevent the TPM issue. The sad thing is the F/W came out over a year ago but all it said was to install to prevent loss of data. But it said to install the F/W on the next service call. Doesn't sound too serious, right? Fast forward to a few weeks ago and they FINALLY gave details on why this F/W must be installed on all 4e series machines (except the top two largest in the whole series, C/654e & C/754e). We've been getting more serious about installing the F/W since they actually gave details on what could happen.

IMO, this should have been one of those things they paid us to do because if you get the TPM message, it's a RPIA to get the machine back up and running according to KBA00048704. Of course, now when I try to find that KB article, it's not there.

Here are the details from it, that I have saved from the Solutions.

Problem

Solution
CAUSE: Issue will occur after turning off the machine for a while specially after the weekend.
SOLUTION:
1. Have a new, unused SSDB, but do not install it yet.
2. Order a new MFP Board
3. Flash the MFPB with the Reset Tool 3 Times total with the old SSD Board.
4. Once the 3rd flash of the MFPB says complete, turn off the MFP (DO NOT REBOOT).
5. Install the new SSDB.
6. Insert firmware stick with (latest base firmware) and turn the MFP on.
7. When the firmware screen comes up check/correct Machine and Type, then flash firmware.
8. After firmware has loaded, turn on the MFP normally.
9. You may or may not get a CD390, Allow the MFP to perform it's recovery process if the CD390
occurs.
10.When the machine comes up, it should behave like a brand new machine again and will need serial
number entered.
11. In some cases, the entire install process may need to be done (security lines might occur.)
12.Install the preventive firmware GHVM1

The original technical bulletin is 11472.

I have this bulletin also, but it doesn't say at what point I'm supposed to replace the MFPB, it just says to order one.

srvctec
12-13-2019, 05:33 PM
What's REALLY suspicious about this whole GHV-M1 F/W thing is that now the only thing I can find about it is the original bulletin 11472. Konica Minolta seems to have deleted all the other info about this from all solutions files for the 4e series. I just downloaded the latest ones and the above info I posted is not in them. They update these on a daily basis or as new info is available, so why did they delete all of the info I posted above? Is it no longer viable? Was it a giant screw up on their part? Do we really need to put this special F/W on every 4e machine ASAP?

A few weeks ago, I emailed them about the solutions file being confusing since it mentions the C/654e & C/754e machines also needing the GHV-M1 update but there is no GHV-M1 F/W for these models on their site and never has been. Fast forward to yesterday when I was trying to find the info to post here and it's gone. I'm not trained on these models, so I can't just call them up and ask what the deal is. Also, we've never had this issue happen yet. Something really fishy is going on here, IMO.

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack your thread, mascan42.

tsbservice
12-13-2019, 06:13 PM
What's REALLY suspicious about this whole GHV-M1 F/W thing is that now the only thing I can find about it is the original bulletin 11472. Konica Minolta seems to have deleted all the other info about this from all solutions files for the 4e series. I just downloaded the latest ones and the above info I posted is not in them. They update these on a daily basis or as new info is available, so why did they delete all of the info I posted above? Is it no longer viable? Was it a giant screw up on their part? Do we really need to put this special F/W on every 4e machine ASAP?

A few weeks ago, I emailed them about the solutions file being confusing since it mentions the C/654e & C/754e machines also needing the GHV-M1 update but there is no GHV-M1 F/W for these models on their site and never has been. Fast forward to yesterday when I was trying to find the info to post here and it's gone. I'm not trained on these models, so I can't just call them up and ask what the deal is. Also, we've never had this issue happen yet. Something really fishy is going on here, IMO.

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack your thread, mascan42.
Yes this article is missing now. And even more, now there is no mention to install this FW on next visit in the FW related doc.

srvctec
12-13-2019, 10:11 PM
Yes this article is missing now. And even more, now there is no mention to install this FW on next visit in the FW related doc.

What a frickin' waste of time we've spent on this lately. I sure wish KM would pull their heads out of their collective asses!!

Jumping Jack Flash
12-16-2019, 09:52 AM
What a frickin' waste of time we've spent on this lately. I sure wish KM would pull their heads out of their collective asses!!

Unfortunately, it is hard to find this FW, but it is available for download.
Recently I fought C654e on a panel with 2 pillars.
It's a good idea to start your device without HDD first.
Your procedure is very good.
A5C10Y0-F000-GHV-M1-960-CHECKSUM-c5cb.ZIP (https://konicaminolta-downloadcontent-tokyo.s3.ap-northeast-1.amazonaws.com/NGSP/Attachment/Knova/69a31ac2-f3c9-40e4-88f5-175f18cfab94/A5C10Y0-F000-GHV-M1-960-CHECKSUM-c5cb.ZIP?x-amx-canned-acl=public-read&response-content-disposition=attachment%3B%20filename%2A%3DUTF-8%27%27A5C10Y0-F000-GHV-M1-960-CHECKSUM-c5cb.ZIP&X-Amz-Algorithm=AWS4-HMAC-SHA256&X-Amz-Date=20191215T203058Z&X-Amz-SignedHeaders=host&X-Amz-Expires=180&X-Amz-Credential=AKIAI4MLE7PAD3LVRCBQ%2F20191215%2Fap-northeast-1%2Fs3%2Faws4_request&X-Amz-Signature=c72fb08c528f083761ddbc5f891428be49ab39db 0c75cc7e62be293d8bd90788)
A5C10Y0-F000-GHV-M1-990-CHECKSUM-c143.ZIP (https://konicaminolta-downloadcontent-tokyo.s3.ap-northeast-1.amazonaws.com/NGSP/Attachment/Knova/3039f944-70ce-4909-9144-6aa13d9d2244/A5C10Y0-F000-GHV-M1-990-CHECKSUM-c143.ZIP?x-amx-canned-acl=public-read&response-content-disposition=attachment%3B%20filename%2A%3DUTF-8%27%27A5C10Y0-F000-GHV-M1-990-CHECKSUM-c143.ZIP&X-Amz-Algorithm=AWS4-HMAC-SHA256&X-Amz-Date=20191215T202949Z&X-Amz-SignedHeaders=host&X-Amz-Expires=180&X-Amz-Credential=AKIAI4MLE7PAD3LVRCBQ%2F20191215%2Fap-northeast-1%2Fs3%2Faws4_request&X-Amz-Signature=9970cfdebbf4bf7d9a13e443c5089d8fbd6f75d4 3e637ee511df702a03d25b4b)

srvctec
12-17-2019, 03:19 PM
Well, NOW KM decided to put up KBA00048704 again but it's been revised. WTF!!??

Related Products:bizhub 284e,bizhub 224e,bizhub 364e,bizhub 454e,bizhub 554e,bizhub 654e,bizhub 754e,bizhub C224e,bizhub C284e,bizhub C364e,bizhub C454e,bizhub C554e,bizhub C654e,bizhub C754e

Problem

Solution

CAUSE: Issue will occur after powering OFF the MFP for a while specially after the weekend.

SOLUTION: Perform the steps below.
1. Install the MFP Board if the board is a repaired board run the Reset Tar file 3 times on the MFPB
2. Once the third Data initialization is complete Power Down the main power and wait 20 seconds
3. Insert firmware stick with (latest Special firmware) and turn the MFP on
4. When the firmware screen comes up check/correct Machine and Type, then flash firmware.
5. After firmware has loaded, power down machine remove USB and power machine back on.
6. Allow the MFP to perform it's recovery process if the CD390 occurs recover data.
7. On reboot if the TPM chip has been changed message happens order a New SSD board through Warranty FOC program.
8. Install new SSD Board and flash machine with latest special firmware
9. Power ON machine and test all functions

Note: Please follow the READMe has specific instructions on "How to update the firmware.pdf". The latest version firmware is available for download via One Stop Product Support.

No mention of F/W GHV-M1 whatsoever. Again, WTF!!??

Bix
12-17-2019, 03:49 PM
Do you know the firmware that caused this?
Is it better to leave it out of date or upgrade to the special version?

I am currently upgrading to G20-M1 in routine maintenance and this would not be nice.

srvctec
12-17-2019, 05:48 PM
Do you know the firmware that caused this?
Is it better to leave it out of date or upgrade to the special version?

I am currently upgrading to G20-M1 in routine maintenance and this would not be nice.

No idea what needs to be done at this point since KM is being so completely vague about the whole GHV-M1 F/W now- (quoted from my previous post): "8. Install new SSD Board and flash machine with latest special firmware". Why in the heck would we flash with the latest special F/W when EACH special F/W is designed to fix a specific issue????!!

But the bulletin 11472 is still available so KM needs to get their act together and let us know EXACTLY what they want done. It's like 5 different dudes are working on this and not one of them talked to any of the others before putting out the info.

I just downloaded this directly from KM a few minutes ago and it still matches the one I downloaded a year ago.

tsbservice
12-17-2019, 07:06 PM
No idea what needs to be done at this point since KM is being so completely vague about the whole GHV-M1 F/W now- (quoted from my previous post): "8. Install new SSD Board and flash machine with latest special firmware". Why in the heck would we flash with the latest special F/W when EACH special F/W is designed to fix a specific issue????!!

But the bulletin 11472 is still available so KM needs to get their act together and let us know EXACTLY what they want done. It's like 5 different dudes are working on this and not one of them talked to any of the others before putting out the info.

I just downloaded this directly from KM a few minutes ago and it still matches the one I downloaded a year ago.

Unfortunately you are completely right on this topic. I guess we must wait until they clear the confusion.

Gergő
01-23-2020, 08:55 AM
Hi,

With this series (ended with 4e) we had many problems with MFP batteries. You shouldn't change the MFP board only check batterie it will be under 05,V instead of 3V. So change batterie. After that you will get massages about TPM and so on…
Run MFP reset etc...It is written in the previous posts.
This will solve the problem.

Gergő

ivovb
05-28-2020, 10:48 AM
Hello,
I've faced same problem today and do some investigation myself... In EU version of document concerning firmware there is statement:
"It is not necessary to use the countermeasure firmware after that, because of spare part MFPB’s are not affected of the battery issue."

This means that new MFPB needs no special firmware GHV, if KM can be trusted...

BR

ivovb
06-02-2020, 12:55 PM
Here is some update on my case. First of all many thanks to Gergo. Secondly Yes it is not needed to order any spare parts from KM, just 3 euro aftermarket battery 3V 2477. It is obviously that KM battery with 57 marking are bad eggs.

1. Change the battery.
2. Use reset tool for MFP board 3 times successively. (Next time I'll try only once ...)
3. Update firmware to the latest one - GDL. Check beforehand machine/type. In my case they were ok. GHV not needed.
4. Go to service mode and check SW 10 - it was generic machine in my case. Check also Marketing area in System 1 - it was US not EU...
5. Set serial numbers in service mode - printer, scanner and for any option.
6. Activate HDD and download movie data.
7. Do initial installation because it is new machine...
8. Do any user setups - network, scan destinations etc.

Concerning #3 - GHV in my opinion must give a chance to change battery without settings lost. So #4-8 not needed. Need a proof.
Concerning #7 - Stop-1-1-4-4-C the year is 2007. Could not made it 2020. In Admin mode it is possible to set it right.

Machine has full functionality so far.

Hope my procedure is most complete and usefull.

BR

tsbservice
06-02-2020, 02:14 PM
Here is some update on my case. First of all many thanks to Gergo. Secondly Yes it is not needed to order any spare parts from KM, just 3 euro aftermarket battery 3V 2477. It is obviously that KM battery with 57 marking are bad eggs.

1. Change the battery.
2. Use reset tool for MFP board 3 times successively. (Next time I'll try only once ...)
3. Update firmware to the latest one - GDL. Check beforehand machine/type. In my case they were ok. GHV not needed.
4. Go to service mode and check SW 10 - it was generic machine in my case. Check also Marketing area in System 1 - it was US not EU...
5. Set serial numbers in service mode - printer, scanner and for any option.
6. Activate HDD and download movie data.
7. Do initial installation because it is new machine...
8. Do any user setups - network, scan destinations etc.

Concerning #3 - GHV in my opinion must give a chance to change battery without settings lost. So #4-8 not needed. Need a proof.
Concerning #7 - Stop-1-1-4-4-C the year is 2007. Could not made it 2020. In Admin mode it is possible to set it right.

Machine has full functionality so far.

Hope my procedure is most complete and usefull.

BR
Thanks for feedback ivovb.
So now here we have confirmed from several different members that in dreaded flat battery cases there is big chances that machine can be repaired without expensive board changes. Good to know 👍

Custom Search