PDA

View Full Version : C8000 C-0117 & J1608/J1610

Custom Search

Choclit007
12-13-2019, 05:57 PM
Just replaced PRCB & Fuser Motor & Main body seems ok. Reflashed PRCB FW GNK-61. 4M+ copies on unit

Now getting the follow issues with the PF-705 (maybe were intermittent before but worse to constant now)
1) J1608 Tray 4 jam code - CL1 decides to not engage (new clutch)
Same with Tray 5 / CL2 J1610 code also new clutch.
M2 always starts turning & all shafts rotate in the vertical drive assy.

2) Customer trys to print on 80lb paper from Tray 6; C-0117 occurs.
This code is for the Vertical / Tray 4 / Tray 5 motor which doesn't apply - I don't think it should even be turning on?

Done so far:
-Test mode ok for M2, CL1 & CL2
-Vertical drive section has been disassembled & cleaned / checked for gummed shaft/bushings.
-M2 has been swapped with other identical motors from the rear of this unit.
-Harnesses inspected
-I swapped the 2 identical DCPS units around just to see if anything would change.

KM tech support recommended replacing the door interlock switch & photosensor; I opened the switch & cleaned the contacts to no avail.

Stumped on this now.

tsbservice
12-13-2019, 06:31 PM
As per jam codes check for:
1. Two gears involved in the vertical conveyance unit are fractured. (Drive Gear/1 and Drive Gear/2).
2. Horizontal conveyance clutch/1 (CL8) is binding on the stopper plate.

sendpiks
10-20-2020, 09:14 AM
Now getting the follow issues with the PF-705 (maybe were intermittent before but worse to constant now)

This code is for the Vertical / Tray 4 / Tray 5 motor which doesn't apply - I don't think it should even be turning on?
Stumped on this now.

Thank you for your post.
Did you solved this problem?
So I have absolutely the same symptoms and also don't have any ideas what to do
J-1608/J-1610 in trays 4 and 5, C-0117 on tray 6.

Thank you

allan
10-20-2020, 10:25 AM
Sounds like this could be a firmware issue.

Did you replace any boards before you had the trouble.

sendpiks
10-20-2020, 10:59 AM
Did you replace any boards before you had the trouble.

I replaced High Voltage Unit in Main body several days ago. After this one day printer worked without any problems and yesterday morning it started to give this errors.
Printing from small trays on main body goes without any problems.

allan
10-20-2020, 12:06 PM
I replaced High Voltage Unit in Main body several days ago. After this one day printer worked without any problems and yesterday morning it started to give this errors.
Printing from small trays on main body goes without any problems.

There is no firmware on the HV section as far as i know. So not the same scenario as the OP.
Did you do firmware?

tulintron
10-20-2020, 12:53 PM
Just replaced PRCB & Fuser Motor & Main body seems ok. Reflashed PRCB FW GNK-61. 4M+ copies on unit

Done so far:
-Vertical drive section has been disassembled & cleaned / checked for gummed shaft/bushings.
-Harnesses inspected
-I swapped the 2 identical DCPS units around just to see if anything would change.

KM tech support recommended replacing the door interlock switch & photosensor; I opened the switch & cleaned the contacts to no avail.

Stumped on this now.

sendpiks
10-20-2020, 07:58 PM
C-0117 error happens when I try to print from tray 6 only. BUT tray 6 is the straight tray, here is no job for vertical conveyance motor.

wjurls
10-20-2020, 09:31 PM
I had this on one of my C8000's once. As a troubleshooting measure I swapped the Vertical Conveyance motor with the Horizontal conveyance motor (they are identical motors) to see if I got a different code. Well, machine started running just fine and the code never re-appeared. Maybe connection? IDK, but it's worth a try.

Choclit007
10-21-2020, 07:03 PM
I see I never updated this post.
The usual problem is gummed bushings causing increased friction on shafts.
This occurs not only in the Vertical drive assembly but also in the Vertical transport.
Now that I am aware of the issue I immediately pull these units out and check
for gummy bushings any time I get these codes. I have ordered spare bushings & just replace any gummed ones
instead of just cleaning them.
Also be aware that the rollers in the Vertical Transport do wear down - there
is no PM replacement cycle count in the SM. My machine has over 4M total copies
& I assume most go thru the PF unit. I ordered 1 roller then checked the diameter
against the used ones & ended up replacing all of them. The unit has been working
much better since then.

n.b. There are 3 motors in the back of the PF all the same PN -good for troubleshooting.
the PN is on the motor's label!

Also if you are never going to tandem your single PF unit you have spare clutches!!!

sendpiks
10-31-2020, 07:58 AM
I see I never updated this post.
The usual problem is gummed bushings causing increased friction on shafts.
Also if you are never going to tandem your single PF unit you have spare clutches!!!

Thank you for your advice.
I dismantled vertical conveyor unit, cleaned and oiled all bearings and REPLACED all six clutches to a new. Now everything working fine.
I think problem was in clutches.

Leo

woo
12-20-2020, 06:44 AM
There is a solution by KM
One of the conveyance roller in the 1st tandem vertical conveyance unit is slightly binding.
Replacing the slide shaft fixes all the errors.

Solution supplied by Tim Kong Melbourne Branch

woo
12-20-2020, 05:12 PM
There is a solution by KM
One of the conveyance roller in the 1st tandem vertical conveyance unit is slightly binding.
Replacing the slide shaft fixes all the errors.

Solution supplied by Tim Kong Melbourne Branch
I got to admit, the trouble actually was in vertical conveyance rollers, after replacing all of them everything went fine.

wjurls
01-03-2021, 09:23 PM

Done so far:
-Harnesses inspected

Stumped on this now.

Choklit007, What was the definite solution that fixed this for you?

I am experiencing the exact issue. C-0117 from tray 6, J-1608 from tray 4 and j-1610 from tray 5 (clutches never fire). I've moved motors around, swapped clutches, cleaned and conditioned all vertical conveyance rollers and bushings, new PFU Control board, all to no avail. This one has me stumped. Damn C8000's!!!

sendpiks
01-03-2021, 11:11 PM
[QUOTE=wjurls;1651749]Choklit007, What was the definite solution that fixed this for you?

In my case error go away only after I replaced ALL clutches used in vertical conveyance (6 clutches)

wjurls
01-04-2021, 02:34 AM
[QUOTE=wjurls;1651749]Choklit007, What was the definite solution that fixed this for you?

In my case error go away only after I replaced ALL clutches used in vertical conveyance (6 clutches)

Interesting. Perhaps an internal short in one of the clutches bringing the system down? None of my clutches are very old but I'll give it a try.

This problem did start out with a blown ICP on the control board.

I went through both vertical and horizontal units and cleaned all bushings and shafts.

Thanks!!

Lee

wjurls
01-06-2021, 09:13 PM
Just to follow up on my issue. Replaced all 6 clutches and the machine ran great. The question is why? Why would the clutches cause a C-0117 from tray 6, a J-1608 from tray 4, and a J-1610 from tray 5? The clutches I replaced weren't even very old. This one really baffles logic. Of the 6 clutches, only 2 are ever used depending on which tray is being fed from.

tsbservice
01-06-2021, 09:28 PM
[QUOTE=sendpiks;1651786]

Interesting. Perhaps an internal short in one of the clutches bringing the system down? None of my clutches are very old but I'll give it a try.

This problem did start out with a blown ICP on the control board.

I went through both vertical and horizontal units and cleaned all bushings and shafts.

Thanks!!

Lee

Just to follow up on my issue. Replaced all 6 clutches and the machine ran great. The question is why? Why would the clutches cause a C-0117 from tray 6, a J-1608 from tray 4, and a J-1610 from tray 5? The clutches I replaced weren't even very old. This one really baffles logic. Of the 6 clutches, only 2 are ever used depending on which tray is being fed from.

Blown ICP may trick machine logic. I mean if you just resolder it not replace whole board.

allan
01-06-2021, 09:47 PM
What was the issue with the ICP. Why did it go? ICP number?

wjurls
01-07-2021, 01:44 AM
[QUOTE=wjurls;1651931]

Blown ICP may trick machine logic. I mean if you just resolder it not replace whole board.

That's definitely plausible, but after I repaired the board and still had the error, I ordered a new one from Hytec. Same result. Bizarre!

wjurls
01-07-2021, 01:47 AM
What was the issue with the ICP. Why did it go? ICP number?

Didn't see which ICP # "old eyes" but customer had called regarding the C-0117 codes. By the time I arrived, the machine didn't even recognize that the PF-704 was attached anymore.

Replaced the offending ICP and the machine now saw the PFU, but the code persisted.

allan
01-07-2021, 02:45 AM

So all is good?

wjurls
01-11-2021, 09:43 PM
So all is good?

Yes, Thanks. Clutches fixed it.

Custom Search