View Full Version : SD-511 Finisher on C224e

Custom Search

refillman
12-16-2019, 10:26 AM
Hi
Printer C224e
Finisher SD-511

Fault Not Folding

i was printing a normal job 24 page A5 booklet when half way though the job i had a jam in the finisher, i cleared all the paper out but now it wont fold the stapled booklet (keeps jamming) I've tried to print a single sheet and that goes through the finisher ok but ask it to fold and the sheet stays in SD4 position. it looks like it cant fold, can this be fixed.

Regards

D

GIUBOSS
12-16-2019, 12:38 PM
check the transport sections, the pressure springs and that there are no bits of paper in the corners or cracks. Surely you caused something when removing the paper. Do a job with the finisher's door open by inserting folded paper several times into the switches to follow all the steps of the paper. Are you a technician?

refillman
12-16-2019, 12:51 PM
not a
technician

the jam was caused by a booklet already saddle stitch and was about to be folded, Ive taken the sided off the finisher unit and tricked the switch, the motors and belts seem to work and spin ok it slots the booklet into position and when it comes to fold you hear the motor go but nothing happens.

refillman
12-16-2019, 01:14 PM
ran a single sheet through and asked it to be folded, the sheet is dropped in to postion and when the knife / fold bar comes down it seems to stutter and does not complete the movement, I know that there is no paper jammed in has all the booklets have come out in 1 piece and ive been over it with a touch a few times, please see pic below for the stuttering gear

refillman
12-16-2019, 01:26 PM
just come up with error C1196 and has now disabled the Half / bi fold

GIUBOSS
12-16-2019, 01:28 PM
try to exchange the same engines of the section affected by the fault. Maybe you forced the engine .

refillman
12-16-2019, 01:41 PM
try to exchange the same engines of the section affected by the fault. Maybe you forced the engine .
ive taken the motor off and it feels very tight and stutter to turn by hand not sure if its meant to smooth.
I do think its the motor that has gone but where can I get one done a search on google and no results :(
reagds

D

GIUBOSS
12-16-2019, 01:55 PM
have you done a test by installing it instead of another surely working?

refillman
12-16-2019, 02:02 PM
have you done a test by installing it instead of another surely working?
sorry i cant i only have one motor that size so i can test it against anything
the motor has a number SP-55rd-100

GIUBOSS
12-16-2019, 02:10 PM
I have now seen it has only one of that type, if you lubricate the section on the steel axles and the engine can start again for a while and so you make sure that it is him. It should however be replaced

refillman
12-16-2019, 02:12 PM
I have now seen it has only one of that type, if you lubricate the section on the steel axles and the engine can start again for a while and so you make sure that it is him. It should however be replaced
i agree but i cant find a supplier for the part

occus
12-16-2019, 03:07 PM
Check for brocken wire of the exit grip solenoid. (The up- and downward moving assy). It grips the paper und pull it down. I had several brocken wires.

refillman
12-16-2019, 03:23 PM
Check for brocken wire of the exit grip solenoid. (The up- and downward moving assy). It grips the paper und pull it down. I had several brocken wires.
been in SM and i can try to do a check on motors and solenoids but the C1196 error is stopping the check

refillman
12-16-2019, 05:00 PM
found out the reason the finisher was jamming and not folding the folding had snapped

GIUBOSS
12-16-2019, 05:13 PM
Don't you have another finisher to test the engine on? Tell us how you solved it

refillman
12-16-2019, 05:15 PM
i can see that tha folding bar has snapped off on side am now trying to find a way to remove it but i cant seem to be to remove the folding unit

refillman
12-19-2019, 04:18 PM
Don't you have another finisher to test the engine on? Tell us how you solved it
ive repaired the knife plate and put everthing back together but now it can fold one sheet but any more it jams has the Trail edge Stopper plate is closed, have i got it out of sync???

Custom Search