PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C203 ADF image shift

Custom Search

Gina82
12-16-2019, 06:57 PM
I have a bizhub C203 that gives me an image shift (shown in attachment) whenever I place the original in the ADF, if I use the glass the issue never occurs. I have performed an auto stop position adjustment. Any ideas??

Synthohol
12-16-2019, 08:20 PM
slipping one way clutch(s) or rollers or dirty sensor that tricks the print to scan later than it should have.

run the adf paper passage for 100 pages then test again. sounds like the original is just being delivered after the scan has started.
how does it do on 2 sided?

copier addict
12-16-2019, 08:26 PM
I have a bizhub C203 that gives me an image shift (shown in attachment) whenever I place the original in the ADF, if I use the glass the issue never occurs. I have performed an auto stop position adjustment. Any ideas??

Is this scanned LEF or SEF?

allan
12-16-2019, 08:44 PM
That is way out. Supersized it just not give a timing jam. Agree with Synthohol that its probably a slipping or sensor issue.
For interest sake give it an A3 or Leger size and see if it jams up on you.

tsbservice
12-16-2019, 09:16 PM
Your DF is not adjusted. Do it from scratch as a new one out of a box as per docs.
Then come back and we will talk.

Gina82
12-17-2019, 02:11 PM
Is this scanned LEF or SEF?
The original went SEF through the copier

Gina82
12-17-2019, 02:14 PM
That is way out. Supersized it just not give a timing jam. Agree with Synthohol that its probably a slipping or sensor issue.
For interest sake give it an A3 or Leger size and see if it jams up on you.
I don't have any A3 paper, and would you give the same answer if I told you that the original was place in short edge feed when placed in the ADF?

copier addict
12-17-2019, 04:04 PM
The original went SEF through the copier

I would do the DF setup from start, but the minimum you need to do is "original tray width" adjustment and "Mixed original size adjustment"

allan
12-17-2019, 04:22 PM
I don't have any A3 paper, and would you give the same answer if I told you that the original was place in short edge feed when placed in the ADF?

No the answer would have been more like the one from copier addict.
Small details help.

tsbservice
12-17-2019, 07:10 PM
Your DF is not adjusted. Do it from scratch as a new one out of a box as per docs.
Then come back and we will talk.

I would do the DF setup from start, but the minimum you need to do is "original tray width" adjustment and "Mixed original size adjustment"

He refused to sticks to the basics so what's the point to double it?

Synthohol
12-17-2019, 10:41 PM
i just saw that scan is sent short edge first.
i think the original width tray guides may be out of adjustment like start with the min/max adjustment?

Phil B.
12-17-2019, 10:59 PM

nuff said....

South Park Beat A Dead Horse GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY (https://giphy.com/gifs/week-media-person-RL0xU1daTlMoE)

Gina82
12-17-2019, 10:59 PM
I haven't been even been on to reply to a lot of the comments. Just like I assume you all are,I get busy throughout the day.I will take his advice and perform the adjustments. Before I left the customer's office yesterday,I performed original tray width and the auto stop position adjustment. I wouldn't ask for help and not take the advice.

Phil B.
12-17-2019, 11:10 PM
I haven't been even been on to reply to a lot of the comments. Just like I assume you all are,I get busy throughout the day.I will take his advice and perform the adjustments. Before I left the customer's office yesterday,I performed original tray width and the auto stop position adjustment. I wouldn't ask for help and not take the advice.

the outcome of that?

Gina82
12-18-2019, 01:45 PM
the outcome of that?
The outcome of the two adjustments done prior to the forum post didn't fix my issue. I'll go today and try the other installation adjustments.

Gina82
12-18-2019, 07:54 PM
Update: I performed every auto ADF adjustment ( Feed zoom, Original tray width, Auto stop position adj.),as far as I could see the machine didn't give me an option to perform a mixed sized original adjustment and I see no mentions of it in the service manual (checked to be sure I wasn't over looking it.), performed a sensor check to check before read sensor (PS9),

Gina82
12-20-2019, 08:04 PM
44446 I have followed these steps and still get the same bad copies. I checked the voltage of each clutch attached to the DFCB and everyone is getting proper voltage. As well as each of the sensors. 44447 I have attached the installation manual of the DF-611 and the wiring diagram for the ADF. Any other ideas?

copier addict
12-20-2019, 08:07 PM
44446 I have followed these steps and still get the same bad copies. I checked the voltage of each clutch attached to the DFCB and everyone is getting proper voltage. As well as each of the sensors. 44447 I have attached the installation manual of the DF-611 and the wiring diagram for the ADF. Any other ideas?

The VR behind the paper edge guides could be faulty

Gina82
12-20-2019, 08:30 PM
The VR behind the paper edge guides could be faulty
Could you tell me where the VR is?I could look at the parts manual and find it if you know the part number

copier addict
12-20-2019, 08:47 PM
Could you tell me where the VR is?I could look at the parts manual and find it if you know the part number

When you move the paper guides apart they turn a gear, this gear turns a variable resistor (VR). If the gear has jumped it would put the VR out of range. If the VR is faulty it will also be out of range.

Gina82
12-20-2019, 08:58 PM
oh! I know exactly where that is. It's worth a shot to try it so i'll try it next, but the copier does notice the paper's size and I was able to perform an original tray width adjustment. Maybe it's faulty and is telling the machine the original is a different size than what's shown on the screen? Maybe I'm overthinking it?

Synthohol
12-20-2019, 10:28 PM
maybe try backing up the address book and network settings to a PC and initialize it, put movie data back on and import the settings again.
try mixed originals setting, im also wondering if the CCD is whacked for adf scan area.
did you try 2 sided and see if it correctly prints on the 2nd imprint.

copier addict
12-20-2019, 11:58 PM
Did you blow out the sensor and black patch on the fold down guide on the bottom left of the DF?

scottybbb
12-21-2019, 12:26 AM
The door on the left that you open to clear jams can break. It is hard to see but I have had to replace a couple of the doors on those ADF'S.

Gina82
12-23-2019, 05:04 AM
maybe try backing up the address book and network settings to a PC and initialize it, put movie data back on and import the settings again.
try mixed originals setting, im also wondering if the CCD is whacked for adf scan area.
did you try 2 sided and see if it correctly prints on the 2nd imprint.
Yes, and both images on each side are shifted down half an inch

Gina82
12-27-2019, 02:25 PM
No new ideas?

K-3
12-27-2019, 04:43 PM
are you getting the same affect when you do a copy in lef. that may lead to a centering adj. for the tray with sef paper loaded. one thing also turn off auto zoom ADF in user settings and see what happens. do you have another df you can use to swap?

Gina82
12-27-2019, 09:58 PM
are you getting the same affect when you do a copy in lef. that may lead to a centering adj. for the tray with sef paper loaded. one thing also turn off auto zoom ADF in user settings and see what happens. do you have another df you can use to swap?
I did swap the DF-611 with a different one for the time being and the images are alot better, so I know that the problem is in my ADF. The image is shifted down to the left if I place the original LEF.

srvctec
12-27-2019, 10:44 PM
If you slide the guides all the way in, are they the same distance from the edges of the raised minimum position molded into the original tray? If not, then the rack and pinion gear has slipped a tooth or more.

Also, I haven't seen this mentioned yet so try this. Re-secure all connections to the ADF board and as many sensors as you can get to. Try the board first, then sensors if no change after board.

tsbservice
12-28-2019, 05:51 PM
Do original tray width position adjustment as per book. From max - A3 to min - B6 sizes.
Also try to make a copy without DF selecting paper size i.e. just manually select A4 to A4.

Gina82
12-31-2019, 02:17 PM
Replacing the PS9 (before read sensor) and performing auto stop position adjustment fixed my issue. Thank you all for the advice and help.

Custom Search