PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade with custom boxes & account codes

Custom Search

tmaged
12-18-2019, 12:05 AM
I have a school with an 8001i & 7551ci that has custom boxes and account codes. We are replacing the machines. Is there any way to convert and import them into 6003i's & 6053ci's ? I "think" that it can be done with KMNet viewer. Any other way possible ?

blackcat4866
12-18-2019, 12:30 AM
The Kyocera Mita Address Editor should do this. Just make sure you have the most recent version to include the new models in your list. =^..^=

tmaged
12-18-2019, 01:03 AM
I think the address editor is old. I don't believe the setup tool will do the boxes. Looking at the downloads on Kyocera's site, it seems to be either Netviewer, Netmanager or Device manager. I'd also like to go there ahead of time & pull all of the info off & set it up on the new devices ahead of time, if that's possible.

darry1322
12-18-2019, 01:44 AM
I think the address editor is old. I don't believe the setup tool will do the boxes. Looking at the downloads on Kyocera's site, it seems to be either Netviewer, Netmanager or Device manager. I'd also like to go there ahead of time & pull all of the info off & set it up on the new devices ahead of time, if that's possible.

We go to the customer's office and run 917 to export everything to a thumb drive and print a network status page. Back at the office we use the Setup Tool to convert address book, one touch, and account codes to the new equipment and then use the network status pages to match network settings.

You can also get all this info through KFS with the customer pressing accept on the panel when you try to do the export.

This does not get you custom boxes, account code totals, or any box content. I've yet to find a way to get those to convert.

I do remember moving the Custom Box folder structure but no content. I think I was using Netviewer.

tmaged
12-20-2019, 01:30 AM
We go to the customer's office and run 917 to export everything to a thumb drive and print a network status page. Back at the office we use the Setup Tool to convert address book, one touch, and account codes to the new equipment and then use the network status pages to match network settings.

You can also get all this info through KFS with the customer pressing accept on the panel when you try to do the export.

This does not get you custom boxes, account code totals, or any box content. I've yet to find a way to get those to convert.

I do remember moving the Custom Box folder structure but no content. I think I was using Netviewer.

I normally try to do that ahead of time, too. I didn't realize or didn't remember the setup tool did acct codes as well. I couldn't get device manager to do anything useful. With netviewer, I was able to export the box list as a CSV file. I'm going to try netmanager.

ntbann
12-20-2019, 06:54 PM
All you can do is transfer the boxes to the new machine. Not the content. So your option is to go there print out all content in the boxes then go to the new machine and scan them back into the boxes that were transferred.

Custom Search