PDA

View Full Version : 66-01 df628 bizhub 227

Custom Search

Bix
12-18-2019, 02:02 PM
Hi, I want to consult with you about a 66-01 jam code on the Bizhub DF-628 227.

I always had this problem on the same MFP about 6 months ago and I solved it by cleaning the rollers and blowing dust from the sensors.
The scan counter is only 30k.

But this problem seems to recur now. I could try cleaning again but I wonder if any of you have any more suggestions to give me.
Every time with the DF is an adventure. There doesn't seem to be anything dirty in the sensors but after cleaning, they magically start working again.

Leyahné
12-18-2019, 02:59 PM
Have you changed the take up rollers?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Bix
12-18-2019, 03:11 PM
The take up rollers are almost like new, theoretically they should be replaced after 200k uses. It currently only has 30k
I believe that in the end the problem is generated by paper dust. I should perhaps equip myself with a can of compressed air or a straw to blow at the deepest points.

mo0651
12-18-2019, 03:23 PM
How many scans thru the ADF??? May be higher count. What type of originals?? :confused:

Bix
12-18-2019, 03:59 PM
How many scans thru the ADF??? May be higher count. What type of originals?? :confused:

MFP has a counter for ADF. Currently less than 30,000. It happens with normal A4

tsbservice
12-18-2019, 04:41 PM
I would start with checking original registration sensor PS3. KonMin sometimes uses black felt pads as non reflective surface and paper dust accumulation on pad may create false readings of sensor. Also teach customers to scan originals with holes SEF if possible because on some models holes match sensors and create jam conditions.

Phil B.
12-18-2019, 04:50 PM
I should perhaps equip myself with a can of compressed air or a straw to blow at the deepest points.

those SHOULD be a staple in your tool bag.. or even a small blower brush

copier addict
12-18-2019, 04:58 PM
Hi, I want to consult with you about a 66-01 jam code on the Bizhub DF-628 227.

I always had this problem on the same MFP about 6 months ago and I solved it by cleaning the rollers and blowing dust from the sensors.
The scan counter is only 30k.

But this problem seems to recur now. I could try cleaning again but I wonder if any of you have any more suggestions to give me.
Every time with the DF is an adventure. There doesn't seem to be anything dirty in the sensors but after cleaning, they magically start working again.

This jam code is related to duplexing. Have you had the inner cover off and cleaned everything under there? There are rollers and sensors that get dirty and dusty.

blackcat4866
12-18-2019, 07:21 PM
66-01 is a pickup jam. Rollers might be dirty or coated with NCR coating. Machine count doesn't mean much. They could have done 1M scans entirely unrelated to printing. =^..^=

copier addict
12-18-2019, 07:27 PM
66-01 is a pickup jam. Rollers might be dirty or coated with NCR coating. Machine count doesn't mean much. They could have done 1M scans entirely unrelated to printing. =^..^=

66-01 Misfeed at DF turnover section <When DF-628 is installed>

tsbservice
12-18-2019, 07:34 PM
So for me Bix clearly stated that rollers are cleaned a few times and ADF scan counter in service mode is around 30k...and still most of the coments are to say at best... perplexing :confused:

tsbservice
12-19-2019, 07:09 PM
This jam code is related to duplexing. Have you had the inner cover off and cleaned everything under there? There are rollers and sensors that get dirty and dusty.
Agree with that, I would concentrate on Original switchback exit roller and original exit roller release solenoid operation.

Bix
12-19-2019, 07:32 PM
Thank you all for the advice. At the end this thread is to collect in general the best skills to deal with DF's jam :)

Bix
03-02-2020, 02:04 PM
I refresh the thread. I have many Bizhub 227s in the field and I must admit that this code is very common. For now, the codes are always solved with a general cleaning of the rollers and sensors but it happens that after a few months the problem returns.
I have seen that the parts code of the DF has undergone several changes. In conclusion, it is bad and slow. But chip is good, so it's ok

allan
03-02-2020, 02:33 PM
Yea depends on what they put thru there. Some guys like to put docs straight out of there inkjet in there.
Had a machine in a spice packaging plants and the picking slips that returned was soiled.
Not the best option but i had to instruct them to clean the rollers every other day.
The companies i worked for never billed for scans so its unfair to drive out there every other day.

Have a good look at everything again. Make sure the latch pins that holds the cover down are not bent up slightly, or that you don't have a broken latch hook.

Bix
03-02-2020, 02:38 PM
I happened to find cracker crumbs inside the rollers often. Someone likes to eat before scanning :cool::cool:

Bix
07-20-2020, 04:08 PM
Hi guys, I'm looking at these bizhub 227s
Many of them cause me jam (66-33, 66-04, 66-05 etc.)
Usually I solve by cleaning the sensors, but the problem sometimes returns after 2-3 months.

In the manual it says that the ADF rollers last about 200k. I looked at the ADF roller counters and I often read only 40k-50k. Visually it looks already worn out. Any experience on these rollers? Do you think they are the sensors or maybe the rollers don't last as they should?
These printers are in normal offices. The paper doesn't look bad either. In fact, there are no jams from the trayers for now.

robinsonad86
07-21-2020, 01:52 PM
Usually I solve by cleaning the sensors, but the problem sometimes returns after 2-3 months.

In the manual it says that the ADF rollers last about 200k. I looked at the ADF roller counters and I often read only 40k-50k. Visually it looks already worn out. Any experience on these rollers? Do you think they are the sensors or maybe the rollers don't last as they should?
These printers are in normal offices. The paper doesn't look bad either. In fact, there are no jams from the trayers for now.

Konica rollers never do anywhere near the listed life

blinxwap
07-21-2020, 07:14 PM

These printers are in normal offices. The paper doesn't look bad either. In fact, there are no jams from the trayers for now.I usually put of the feed roller and take a a00j...... feed roller and pull it over the original adf roller holder or try loop adjustment 1mm for each side

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

Bix
07-22-2020, 02:33 PM
It has never been clear to me where that white piece fits. Exactly where should it be put to increase pressure?
Thank you!

tsbservice
07-23-2020, 06:43 AM
I usually put of the feed roller and take a a00j...... feed roller and pull it over the original adf roller holder or try loop adjustment 1mm for each side

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

It has never been clear to me where that white piece fits. Exactly where should it be put to increase pressure?
Thank you!
I think blinxwap means just to replace original feed roller with A00J563600 not to use white spacer.

Custom Search