PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub c554e, Firmware issue ??

Custom Search

fixthecopier
12-20-2019, 01:51 AM
Customer said the machine would not recognize paper on glass unless she rebooted every time. When I arrived, I could put it on the glass and move it to different positions and it seemed to work fine . Detected all sizes of paper. I did it 15 times. Then made a copy, and now it sees nothing on the glass until you reboot. I tried loading firmware but it would not take. Going back with different thumb drive tomorrow. Wanted to know if anyone had seen this before.

Woxner
12-20-2019, 01:56 AM
clean the glass and mirrors cl underside of the glass even if it looks clean. do the erase adjustment. also ck df alignment for the magnet. some flash drive wont work. you can also try loading one part at a time controller last.

fixthecopier
12-20-2019, 10:52 AM
clean the glass and mirrors cl underside of the glass even if it looks clean. do the erase adjustment. also ck df alignment for the magnet. some flash drive wont work. you can also try loading one part at a time controller last.

Thanks for the reply. Cleaned the mirrors. Flashdrive was just used on a 558e, I think the file may be corrupt. Going back with 3 drives just in case.

Bix
12-20-2019, 05:55 PM
Make sure with the sensor checks if its work properly.

fixthecopier
12-22-2019, 12:37 PM
So far none of the basic stuff has worked. Tried firmware with a different stick, pulled a fresh file from KMBS, and on this one it would say I had an invalid external usb. Tried twice and tried the other stick twice, it was doing the same thing, not booting to anything. After I gave up on those, tried to reboot machine and it took almost 15 minutes to come up. She was pissed about the whole firmware thing. Didn't solve anything.

mincopier
12-22-2019, 01:13 PM
Invalid drive usually means wrong firmware or wrong format on the drive.

copyman
12-22-2019, 02:24 PM
I have a similar issue. Bought a Biz C284e from wholesaler and everything is working fine, except it had very old F/W. It will update everything fine except NG comes up for MFP. Tried 6 different USB sticks (all work with other bizhubs) and at least 10 different F/W's, even trying to load F/W versions in steps. Still no good. Then machine wouldn't even boot. Only way I was able to get to boot up was leave usb service port open.Everything seems to work fine with port open.

What concerns me and only reason I messed with the F/W was the issues with SMB 2 scanning. Since all the FW updated except MFP, including scanner does that mean the SMB 2 update is installed or is that done with MFP FW?

Any ideas appreciated.
Thanks

Synthohol
12-22-2019, 03:36 PM
ive gotten lucky twice when that happens, backup addy book to USB and then if you do a system data clear (initialize) the firmware takes. then movie data then restore address book.

tsbservice
12-27-2019, 08:49 AM
So far none of the basic stuff has worked. Tried firmware with a different stick, pulled a fresh file from KMBS, and on this one it would say I had an invalid external usb. Tried twice and tried the other stick twice, it was doing the same thing, not booting to anything. After I gave up on those, tried to reboot machine and it took almost 15 minutes to come up. She was pissed about the whole firmware thing. Didn't solve anything.

Try to disconnect HDD and then update FW.

tsbservice
12-27-2019, 08:56 AM
I have a similar issue. Bought a Biz C284e from wholesaler and everything is working fine, except it had very old F/W. It will update everything fine except NG comes up for MFP. Tried 6 different USB sticks (all work with other bizhubs) and at least 10 different F/W's, even trying to load F/W versions in steps. Still no good. Then machine wouldn't even boot. Only way I was able to get to boot up was leave usb service port open.Everything seems to work fine with port open.

What concerns me and only reason I messed with the F/W was the issues with SMB 2 scanning. Since all the FW updated except MFP, including scanner does that mean the SMB 2 update is installed or is that done with MFP FW?

Any ideas appreciated.
Thanks
I guess you can always try if machine will scan with SMBv1 disabled on host PC.
As per MFP=NG message check KBA01400074 article.

Custom Search