PDA

View Full Version : KM Bizhub C224

Custom Search

ShibaMom
12-24-2019, 03:39 AM
Glad to find this forum. I am having an issue with a C224 and cannot figure out what is going on. This printer is at church and we upgraded our internet from AT&T DSL to fiber. The KM installer used a Silex wireless bridge to make it seen on the network. I have configured that and it shows as connected on the modem. If i attempt printing via network, it says "printer is offline" yet the Silex is clearly connected. If i hardwire directly to a laptop, the laptop sees it and the printer shows as being "idle." If i attempt printing anything, it goes from idle to one document printing back to idle in 2 seconds. After clicking on print, the light comes on on the printer as expected but goes back off and never prints. It never shows a print job in queue. I have tried a static IP, removing/adding printer, stopping/starting print spool, rebooting, and everything else. A tech came today and had no idea what to do. I would so appreciate help in this. I can print a document from my home printer and print from that but that is it. Thank you in advance ;)

Robin

Synthohol
12-24-2019, 03:55 AM
initialize the network settings and try again.

Phil B.
12-24-2019, 04:14 AM

+1 to this suggestion.

blackcat4866
12-24-2019, 11:41 AM
Do you have any sort of authentication or account track set up on the machine? The most obvious possibility is that the IP range has changed with the new router, and your printer is still on the old IP range. =^..^=

ShibaMom
12-24-2019, 12:52 PM

Thank you for your reply. I will try this first thing Thursday morning. I had checked the IP address range to make sure nothing had changed there but hadn't considered this ;)

Robin

emujo2
12-24-2019, 12:53 PM
The C224 is pretty old, I have a hunch you also updated your workstations/laptops..If so you may need a driver update The simple changing of a router (as long as the schema remains the same) should not affect printing..If the driver is showing OFFLINE, then this is a normal symptom that results when the SNMP protocol no longer talks to the print driver. I would start by deleting any old c224 drivers and adding the latest c224/c224e drivers. Under printer properties/config tab you should be able to querry the printer for it's accessories. If you get a failure message, this is the problem (again assuning IP schema hasn't changed). You will need to determin why the drriver can no longer talk to the printer. You may havbe some new anti virus software on the new router..ensure snmp traffic is allowed, along with port 91XX. E

ShibaMom
12-24-2019, 12:58 PM
Do you have any sort of authentication or account track set up on the machine? The most obvious possibility is that the IP range has changed with the new router, and your printer is still on the old IP range. =^..^=

No authentication or track settings. I checked the IP range immediately to make sure that was okay. I have been trying to figure this out since Friday but will initialize the network settings and see if that solves the issue. Thank you for your reply ;)

Synthohol
12-24-2019, 01:31 PM
meant to ask, can you bring up the copiers web page from a local PC?

copyman
12-24-2019, 01:53 PM
Unless I missed it can you ping the IP address? If initilizing the network settings don't work I would iniltilize all settings in the admin mode. This should clear any setting that would lock network. Backup all the settings first to a jump drive

ShibaMom
12-24-2019, 06:04 PM
meant to ask, can you bring up the copiers web page from a local PC?

I can via USB right now

Synthohol
12-24-2019, 06:52 PM
can you do it through the network is what im asking.

copyman
12-24-2019, 08:52 PM

Exactly what I was thinking. Why would you use a USB cable when you are trying to troubleshoot a network connection!

By the way to add to Synthohol post no crossover cable is needed with konica minolta equipment for many years now.

Synthohol
12-24-2019, 10:13 PM
plus how do you get to PSWC via USB?

Phil B.
12-24-2019, 10:30 PM
I can via USB right now

you shouldn't be able to see the WIM/Net Page from a usb.

that would be restricted to Cat5 connection to a newtork

if it is.. and you have a new router .. the setting on the new router don't juve

ShibaMom
12-24-2019, 11:03 PM

Actually i mislead you. No i cannot access anything about the printer via web configuration. If i use a USB cable, I can access the printer settings through a laptop. The modem sees the wireless bridge but bringing up the printer is shown as offline. I was thinking about printer settings rather than the web configuration.

copier addict
12-24-2019, 11:10 PM
Actually i mislead you. No i cannot access anything about the printer via web configuration. If i use a USB cable, I can access the printer settings through a laptop. The modem sees the wireless bridge but bringing up the printer is shown as offline. I was thinking about printer settings rather than the web configuration.

Does the wireless bridge create its own network? If so, that could be a problem. I don't know what capabilities a wireless bridge has, but it should only be setup as a switch I think.

ShibaMom
12-24-2019, 11:43 PM
Does the wireless bridge create its own network? If so, that could be a problem. I don't know what capabilities a wireless bridge has, but it should only be setup as a switch I think.

I gave it a static IP and it is on the same subnet. I can bring up the configuration page without issue. The printer is connected to that via ethernet but still shows offline. I hope clearing network settings fixes it.

REGSIS
12-28-2019, 08:11 AM
1. Connect laptop directly to c224 via utp cable, set static ip to both and try to open webpage and print. If ok then advance.
2. Connect silex to laptop via cross utp cable and run setup. Reset it to factory default settings.
This is a MUST DO step for me when Silex is brought to a new network.
3. On smartphone run wireless analyzer app and check quality of b/g/n
On one occasion I had a very bad 54Mbps wireless (ups and downs, long pause....) and 72Mbps was OK.
When you run a simple setup on Silex it's for 54 Mbps, and for "n" mode you'll have to manually configure it under advance.
4. When Silex is finaly connected (check the leds blinking constantly)
If red is blinking when conected to bizhub then reset Silex.
On bizhub set DHCP to on and reset.
5. Try zo open webpage and print with ip address which assigned to bizhub. Menu-utility-Device information.

copier tech
12-28-2019, 12:31 PM
Glad to find this forum. I am having an issue with a C224 and cannot figure out what is going on. This printer is at church and we upgraded our internet from AT&T DSL to fiber. The KM installer used a Silex wireless bridge to make it seen on the network. I have configured that and it shows as connected on the modem. If i attempt printing via network, it says "printer is offline" yet the Silex is clearly connected. If i hardwire directly to a laptop, the laptop sees it and the printer shows as being "idle." If i attempt printing anything, it goes from idle to one document printing back to idle in 2 seconds. After clicking on print, the light comes on on the printer as expected but goes back off and never prints. It never shows a print job in queue. I have tried a static IP, removing/adding printer, stopping/starting print spool, rebooting, and everything else. A tech came today and had no idea what to do. I would so appreciate help in this. I can print a document from my home printer and print from that but that is it. Thank you in advance ;)

Robin

Set the copier to DHCP & restart the router. Does the copier now pick up an IP address? (allow a few mins)
Connect your laptop to the router (via LAN or WIFI) & type this new copier IP address into a web browser, does it open the copier web page?
Apologies if you have already tried this but this is how i'd troubleshoot.

ShibaMom
12-28-2019, 12:34 PM
I want to thank everybody for your input in this. I was successful in getting it going yesterday. The problem ended up being this: evidently when the new internet modem was installed, something changed in the printer authentication setting. The secretary has to put in a passcode to use the printer manually but not via the network. As soon as this was disabled it began printing. I am going to back up these settings so it doesn’t happen again. I called the guys that installed the printer and their networking guy caught it.

Robin

emujo2
12-30-2019, 02:00 PM
I go back to my original statement..You are using the wrong version of driver, or there is something blocking the 2 way communication..The printer doesn't care what you send it unless authentication is enalbled..At that point it looks for proper credentials If the driver has never communicated with the printer it can't be informed of the authentication settings and will delete all jobs. Once you turned off authentication the driver can print out a simple job..You will still be getting the communication errors and you will not be able to automatically use the printer features like staple, different drawers, 2 sided. If you can print out a printer config sheet and upload it, we may be able to determine the correct driver to use. The C224 uses the C224/C224e PCL 5.3.X This should match a printer firmware of G00-72..E

Custom Search