PDA

View Full Version : Replace transfer roll/toner filter/ozone filter message

Custom Search

mascan42
12-26-2019, 04:18 PM
I have an issue on some 4e series machines where, even though I've turned off the consumable life reminder and set all of the near life warnings to do not display, I still get maintenance messages for the transfer roll and the filters. Is this a firmware issue? Or am I missing a setting somewhere?

Phil B.
12-26-2019, 04:58 PM
I have an issue on some 4e series machines where, even though I've turned off the consumable life reminder and set all of the near life warnings to do not display, I still get maintenance messages for the transfer roll and the filters. Is this a firmware issue? Or am I missing a setting somewhere?

did you clear the counts on those parts?

did you replace the parts?

followed service manual procedures?

WHAT have you done?

mascan42
12-26-2019, 05:03 PM
Obviously I can reset the counters, but I'm talking about not getting the messages in the first place. Changing those settings stops the messages for the big items - drum, developer, fuser, transfer belt - but not the small ones.

Phil B.
12-26-2019, 05:06 PM
Obviously I can reset the counters, but I'm talking about not getting the messages in the first place. Changing those settings stops the messages for the big items - drum, developer, fuser, transfer belt - but not the small ones.

how can you clear issues if you don't reset PM counters?

unless it is a low usage unit you might start getting poor CQ when the parts fail and you will get no message.. customers don't like that.

tsbservice
12-26-2019, 05:21 PM

Update the FW.

Woxner
12-26-2019, 09:00 PM
these messages for these two parts will always come up. do think firmware will help. they did not put a stop on these. You dont want too on the filter because a clogged filter will cause voltage problems and make it pull dev

copyman
12-27-2019, 12:44 AM
Agree with wox. these can't be turned off. The trans roller isn't that important but like wox said the ozone filter is, especially in real dirty enviroments. If real clean office I just reset the counters.

REGSIS
01-04-2020, 08:09 AM
these messages for these two parts will always come up. do think firmware will help. they did not put a stop on these. You dont want too on the filter because a clogged filter will cause voltage problems and make it pull dev

I agree. Messages for transfer roller and ozone filter will appear 10% after transfer belt message (if not disabled).
At this point all these parts are really worn (+300k) and is highly recommended to replace them preventing CQ problem and HV issues (developer leaks).

I saw the belt counter at 450k but CQ was pretty bad.
You can just reset the counter and carry on but be aware.
There is no other way not to display the messages.

tsbservice
01-04-2020, 08:43 AM
I agree. Messages for transfer roller and ozone filter will appear 10% after transfer belt message (if not disabled).
At this point all these parts are really worn (+300k) and is highly recommended to replace them preventing CQ problem and HV issues (developer leaks).

I saw the belt counter at 450k but CQ was pretty bad.
You can just reset the counter and carry on but be aware.
There is no other way not to display the messages.

Yeah but author stated that all near life and life stop messages are turned OFF in service mode. That is the strange part for me. Apparently he's not seen this on every machine setup like that. Still would like to hear does he solved this and how.

dannu
01-04-2020, 06:33 PM

Sw 55->0c, 51 ->F0 and unit cahnge ----- service OR User --------all options.

Custom Search