PDA

View Full Version : BH-C-360, no function.

Custom Search

Hansoon
12-27-2019, 12:55 PM
BH-C-360 boots up normally without showing any errors. However the machine cannot copy nor print but it will scan into the network according tho the users. When trying to make a print, internal print or copy the orange activity indicator on the front will come on and it stays like that. No further action is executed.

Not having yet the firmware with me I disconnected the hard drive and also the Fax-Card. I reseated the NV-Ram, but nothing helps right now. Will go there Monday morning and will install the firmware anew. Any other ideas please?

I have a scrapper C-360 from which I could take the MFPB as a last solution. In case I would need to replace that board, are there any do's or don'ts when replacing a MFPB board?

Hans

MVPunisher
12-27-2019, 01:17 PM
I am sure you already checked this, but it sounds similar to when the consumables are set to "stop" rather than no stop...

tsbservice
12-27-2019, 01:53 PM
I am sure you already checked this, but it sounds similar to when the consumables are set to "stop" rather than no stop...

+1 on this Hans. Print life counter list, replace what machine asking for if you want. Update FW accordingly if needed to non- stop at consumables end of life.

srvctec
12-27-2019, 05:56 PM
If the above suggestions aren't the issue and you need to replace the MFPB, there is no special procedure on replacing the MFPB like there is on newer machines which is what I loved so much about the older stuff. You could just grab a board from a scrap machine and put it in the one you were working on, put latest F/W on and everything would be fine. Unfortunately, the C360 series was the last that you could do that with (and of course the larger segment of the same era).

Woxner
12-28-2019, 12:59 AM
reset or replace transfer belt and fuser. even though there is no message it will stop coping and printing

mearmi
12-31-2019, 06:23 PM
BH-C-360 boots up normally without showing any errors. However the machine cannot copy nor print but it will scan into the network according tho the users. When trying to make a print, internal print or copy the orange activity indicator on the front will come on and it stays like that. No further action is executed.

Not having yet the firmware with me I disconnected the hard drive and also the Fax-Card. I reseated the NV-Ram, but nothing helps right now. Will go there Monday morning and will install the firmware anew. Any other ideas please?

I have a scrapper C-360 from which I could take the MFPB as a last solution. In case I would need to replace that board, are there any do's or don'ts when replacing a MFPB board?

Hans

Had this issue. Reset Transfer Belt and Fuser life.

Hansoon
01-01-2020, 12:22 PM
Problem solved by installing new chips for the CYM drum units. Though all the indicator bars where not completely eaten up and one segment was still present the machine did not show strangely enough in the display the information that those drum units would need replacement. Only the little oil can showed up but I had never a machine stopping operation for this reason until a clear message in the upper part of the display was requesting for new drum units.

Thanks guys.

Hans

femaster
01-04-2020, 01:48 AM
Problem solved by installing new chips for the CYM drum units. Though all the indicator bars where not completely eaten up and one segment was still present the machine did not show strangely enough in the display the information that those drum units would need replacement. Only the little oil can showed up but I had never a machine stopping operation for this reason until a clear message in the upper part of the display was requesting for new drum units.

It sounds like someone only did half the Long Life settings. The Long Life switch settings were done, which is why the meters never reached the end, but the copier was still set to STOP when any of the units reached their end of life count. If you were to change the setting to not stop, you wouldn't have needed to replace the chips. Just info for future reference.

tsbservice
01-04-2020, 08:32 AM
It sounds like someone only did half the Long Life settings. The Long Life switch settings were done, which is why the meters never reached the end, but the copier was still set to STOP when any of the units reached their end of life count. If you were to change the setting to not stop, you wouldn't have needed to replace the chips. Just info for future reference.

Although the case is solved that does make sense. Good point.

dannu
01-04-2020, 06:24 PM

Hans

Fuser and Belt life end. Reset counter in service menu.

Custom Search