PDA

View Full Version : Lexmark MS811 Laser Unit

Custom Search

cucuklotz
12-28-2019, 06:19 PM
Hi
This is first time Im rep;lacing a laser on the MS 811,Is there anything I need to do aft\er I install unit?
Thanks for any insight and help.
Andy

Phil B.
12-28-2019, 06:30 PM
Hi
This is first time Im rep;lacing a laser on the MS 811,Is there anything I need to do aft\er I install unit?
Thanks for any insight and help.
Andy

yes there are...

specifically listed in the service manual under "Printhead Replacement"

are you sure it has failed?
there are a few voltage checks/diag steps also listed in the SM

cucuklotz
12-28-2019, 07:24 PM
Hi
No Im not 100% sure.I have getting thr error message 111.35.
I did see some sort of mechanical adjustment after putting new one in,an alignment adjustment,but I thought I would reach out to
those who may have some experience doing this,Manuals are great but not always the most practical
Thank you Phil B for your ever present understanding approach to the techs who visit this site.
Andy

Phil B.
12-28-2019, 07:43 PM
Hi
No Im not 100% sure.I have getting thr error message 111.35.
I did see some sort of mechanical adjustment after putting new one in,an alignment adjustment,but I thought I would reach out to
those who may have some experience doing this,Manuals are great but not always the most practical
Thank you Phil B for your ever present understanding approach to the techs who visit this site.
Andy

make sure you get the proper printhead 4 diode or 2 diode.

take the serial # and the one on the old printhead when you go to reorder THEY DO NOT INTERCHANGE!

item #21 in PM

cucuklotz
12-28-2019, 11:13 PM
Thanks Phil B for the heads up,
I did not know that and already ordered the prinhhead.
I should have known better from my experience with other laser units..
THANKS FOR FAST REPLY

Phil B.
12-29-2019, 01:26 AM
Thanks Phil B for the heads up,
I did not know that and already ordered the prinhhead.
I should have known better from my experience with other laser units..
THANKS FOR FAST REPLYHey i got burned once myself...

NONE of us walk on water..
Only one man could.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Lance15
12-29-2019, 08:50 PM
To avoid having to realign (stupid Lexmark) the printhead, I typically take a fine mark sharpie or marker and outline any "ears" that I can put the replacement printhead back in correct alignment. This may not be the correct way to do it, but, I've replaced a bunch like this and never had alignment issues afterwards.

Phil B.
12-29-2019, 09:22 PM
To avoid having to realign (stupid Lexmark) the printhead, I typically take a fine mark sharpie or marker and outline any "ears" that I can put the replacement printhead back in correct alignment. This may not be the correct way to do it, but, I've replaced a bunch like this and never had alignment issues afterwards.I thought everyone knew that trick! Sometimes I (wrongly) take things for granted.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Custom Search