PDA

View Full Version : Jamming C227 jam in fuser printing full colour

Custom Search

copier tech
12-29-2019, 08:19 PM
Hi all,

As the title says I have a church that prints a lot of full colour photos on plain 80gsm paper, usually OK however a lot jam in the fuser (this was recently replaced) my question is what is the best way to create a larger blank lead edge? as, the reason for the jams is too much toner on the lead edge of the prints, paper wraps round the fuser & jams Grrrrr.

Main cause is cheap/damp paper but i'm looking for a work around.

tsbservice
12-29-2019, 08:36 PM
I'm sure you're familiar with "Lead Edge Erase Adjustment" section in SM. I would try to widen it from default 4 mm to max at 7 mm.

copier tech
12-29-2019, 08:40 PM
I'm sure you're familiar with "Lead Edge Erase Adjustment" section in SM. I would try to widen it from default 4 mm to max at 7 mm.

Thanks for your prompt reply, we set this to the MAX but this doesn't help.

Maybe I could try adjusting the registration settings.

tsbservice
12-29-2019, 08:51 PM
Personally I would not try to make registration tweaks at this problem.
Maybe teach them do these specific printouts SEF not LEF?

copier tech
12-29-2019, 09:02 PM
Personally I would not try to make registration tweaks at this problem.
Maybe teach them do these specific printouts SEF not LEF?

Its a damp church at this time of year i'm clutching at straws!

Hansoon
12-30-2019, 04:37 AM
I had exactly the same with a BH-C-280. Changed twice the fuser unit - one got damaged in the process, played with settings you name it. Only solution was to start using OEM toner.

Vacuumed the After Market toner out of the 4 hoppers and ran A3 halftone testpages setting at 65 with no toner bottles until the machine started asking for toner. Installed CYMK OEM toner and since than problem never came back. This was a contract customer also printing full color pages. Arranged with them a raise in the monthly rate to compensate for the higher toner costs. They're very good people.

For normal "business color" I still use after market toner without significant issues since competition here is tough.

Hans

Desert Rat
12-31-2019, 11:15 PM
I agree with Hansoon and tsb. Also make sure the paper settings for the paper are correct. You might also try using
some heavier paper that won't wrap as easy.

Good luck

DR

Lync
01-08-2020, 04:36 AM
Maybe try changing the paper type to thin paper in the tray.

Custom Search