PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub "4" series tip

Custom Search

copyman
12-31-2019, 01:37 AM
Just a quick tip on something I ran into a few times in last month. If you get indentations on the pages check for built up of hard toner on the black plastic exit rollers (see attached pic).

Using genuine K/M toner

qbert69
12-31-2019, 01:51 AM
Just a quick tip on something I ran into a few times in last month. If you get indentations on the pages check for built up of hard toner on the black plastic exit rollers (see attached pic).

Using genuine K/M tonerHave you had to do the solenoid bumper mod for the duplex switchback units on any of the 4 series machines yet???[emoji848]

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

kenpio
12-31-2019, 03:19 AM
Have had this happen quite a few times. Get it while it is still warm you can mold the toner and it hardens pretty quick. :)

KEN

copyman
12-31-2019, 05:02 AM
[QUOTE=kenpio;1144468]Have had this happen quite a few times. Get it while it is still warm you can mold the toner and it hardens pretty quick. :)

KEN[/QUOTE

I figured it was common for me to see it a few times that soon. Posted it hoping to stop someone from doing the stupid thing like I did first time. Got a service call about indentations on page, assumed it was the fuser and swapped it out without looking close, still had the indents after. Ha-ha didn't see the black toner on the black rollers until I looked really close.

tsbservice
12-31-2019, 08:00 AM
This is common on 4e series. I think KM have had these rollers modified, but agree that black toner on black rollers is hard to see. I never do troubleshooting without my flashlight, ha-ha.

occus
12-31-2019, 10:34 AM
Yes its very common...
I ordered the white transparent roller's of the 258 Series and i had never again this problem.

qbert69
12-31-2019, 12:26 PM
This is common on 4e series. I think KM have had these rollers modified, but agree that black toner on black rollers is hard to see. I never do troubleshooting without my flashlight, ha-ha.Headlight. Work Hands Free![emoji6]

tsbservice
12-31-2019, 01:17 PM
Headlight. Work Hands Free![emoji6]

;) would love to see customer's face when you put this over the top of your head.

On a side note. One of the very best techs I know and long time friend of mine used to put on blue work apron, even at customers site, some of them seemed to like this... short one was indeed :D

qbert69
12-31-2019, 01:30 PM
;) would love to see customer's face when you put this over the top of your head.

On a side note. One of the very best techs I know and long time friend of mine used to put on blue work apron, even at customers site, some of them seemed to like this... short one was indeed :DI'd rather see DIRECTLY & CLEARLY what I'm looking at than not!!! I've fixed many a problem all because the previous tech(s) didn't have the light where they were looking and missed a simple critical detail!!! My favorite headlights are the USB rechargeable ones!!! Two used in rotation! While one is on my head, the other is in my van, charging whilst driving!!! If you haven't tried it, don't knock it!!![emoji41][emoji1303]

tsbservice
12-31-2019, 01:51 PM
I'd rather see DIRECTLY & CLEARLY what I'm looking at than not!!! I've fixed many a problem all because the previous tech(s) didn't have the light where they were looking and missed a simple critical detail!!! My favorite headlights are the USB rechargeable ones!!! Two used in rotation! While one is on my head, the other is in my van, charging whilst driving!!! If you haven't tried it, don't knock it!!![emoji41][emoji1303]

👍 agree.
Kinda hijacked useful hint from a fellow dude, sorry copyman.

copyman
12-31-2019, 01:52 PM
I'd rather see DIRECTLY & CLEARLY what I'm looking at than not!!! I've fixed many a problem all because the previous tech(s) didn't have the light where they were looking and missed a simple critical detail!!! My favorite headlights are the USB rechargeable ones!!! Two used in rotation! While one is on my head, the other is in my van, charging whilst driving!!! If you haven't tried it, don't knock it!!![emoji41][emoji1303]

Can't see myself wearing headlight in customers office but do use once in awhile in shop.

I would say my flashlight (small police style LED $45) is 2nd most used tool in my bag, with my cordless screwdriver being 1st. Used to use small Brinkman flashlight but the tiny bulbs burnt out to fast. With LED never have to replace bulb.

copiertec
12-31-2019, 02:18 PM

Using genuine K/M toner

I had a few clients that kept getting dog-earing as well on the printed pages, it was due to toner build up on these exit rollers as well. At first I thought fuser unit, I removed it to inspect it and seen the exit rollers had toner build up on them, I removed the built up toner, problem resolved.

copiertec
12-31-2019, 02:26 PM
I see a few posts about lights, back in the day, when I had great eye sight, I would just use a flash light, now that I am pushing 50, I finally had to come to the realization that I now need readers to work on machines, especially for e clips, etc. I broke down and bought this item, I love it! It has made a world of difference when needed.
Amazon.com: Lighted Head Magnifying Glasses Visor Headset with Light Headband Magnifier Loupe Hands-Free for Close Work,Sewing,Crafts,Reading,Repair,Jewelry(1.5X to 13.0X): Health & Personal Care (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DW6FJ6S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

qbert69
12-31-2019, 03:07 PM
I see a few posts about lights, back in the day, when I had great eye sight, I would just use a flash light, now that I am pushing 50, I finally had to come to the realization that I now need readers to work on machines, especially for e clips, etc. I broke down and bought this item, I love it! It has made a world of difference when needed.
Amazon.com: Lighted Head Magnifying Glasses Visor Headset with Light Headband Magnifier Loupe Hands-Free for Close Work,Sewing,Crafts,Reading,Repair,Jewelry(1.5X to 13.0X): Health & Personal Care (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DW6FJ6S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)Hey! Don't feel embarrassed!!! I see it as a sign of experience and precision!!! Have you ever seen a watchmaker without a magnifying loupe or directed light source? Me Neither!

YouTube (https://youtu.be/MgnlbDVuPdg)

copiertec
12-31-2019, 03:31 PM
Hey! Don't feel embarrassed!!! I see it as a sign of experience and precision!!! Have you ever seen a watchmaker without a magnifying loupe or directed light source? Me Neither!

YouTube (https://youtu.be/MgnlbDVuPdg)

Cool video, I have a friend who does this work on jewellery, has his whole garage turned into a ring and necklace making studio, just like this guy. He does it all by hand,he said it's a dying art, his work is being replaced by machines and AI.

dave w
12-31-2019, 03:34 PM
Lights

I use a USB led light - No need for batteries as most MFPs have a usb port and I also have a battery bank (pocket size) for when the machine has no power.

copyman
12-31-2019, 06:33 PM
Oh yea even with light I need reading glasses. I fought it for years until my arms wern't long enough anymore. Starting using them around 15 yrs ago and made a big difference. Doesn't matter how much light you have if your friggin eyes are bad you need glasses. ha-ha

I always tell myself I would rather need just reading glasses then have to wear them all the time. Reg eyesight is good, thank God.

femaster
01-04-2020, 01:58 AM
Just wanted to add a bit to this thread. This is a common problem with the earlier 4e units that had the black rollers. The rollers were changed out to clear (white?) later on and the toner doesn't build up on these. For those that have experienced the buildup, it WILL return again.

What I've been doing is LOWERING the fuser temp by 1 notch (I believe it is -5 degrees), and have not had any further issues with toner buildup on the rollers. I also haven't had any problems with toner adhesion on the paper, so unless your customers are running thicker paper at the wrong setting (plain), you should have no issues with making this settings change.

kenpio
01-09-2020, 01:59 PM
Just thought I would say, was at a customer and pulled this off the exit roller of a BH364e.

KEN

femaster
01-11-2020, 05:18 PM
I actually just had to clean off 3 of the 4 rollers in a C284e this past Thursday. Very low volume machine, so this uint had never gotten my fuser temp modification as this was it's first service call; crinkles on pages and noise. Lowered the temp and don't expect to see that problem again.

copiertec
01-11-2020, 05:45 PM
I actually just had to clean off 3 of the 4 rollers in a C284e this past Thursday. Very low volume machine, so this uint had never gotten my fuser temp modification as this was it's first service call; crinkles on pages and noise. Lowered the temp and don't expect to see that problem again.

What temp are you lowering it to?

tsbservice
01-11-2020, 06:34 PM
What temp are you lowering it to?

You thanked him for that answer in his previous post of the thread ;)

copiertec
01-11-2020, 07:10 PM
You thanked him for that answer in his previous post of the thread ;)

you are correct...senior moment on my part?

allan
01-11-2020, 07:15 PM

Yea they work great and will do 500 cycles on a single battery!
This hilight brand is cheap and reliable so far.

tsbservice
01-11-2020, 07:24 PM
you are correct...senior moment on my part?

Maybe or...not. I see in your posts only senior...tech ;)

Lync
01-13-2020, 04:53 AM
I have had this happen when they print a lot of labels setting the stock as plain. Get them to print labels as thick 1. (Or appropriate settings for other thick stock)

Custom Search