PDA

View Full Version : BH Press C1060

Custom Search

Desert Rat
12-31-2019, 11:47 PM
I got this call today on the BH Press C1060. The customer moved the machine themselves and for some
unknown reason they did not tie it down in the back of the truck.
The finisher took the worse of it and will have to be replaced. The by pass tray got bent up but we were
able to bend back and it works. It still feeds from the trays one and two. Most of it appeared to be cosmetic.

However there is a gash where the power cord is connected but no problem. It powered up to ready and made a nice
black and white copy. The hang on the back controller took a hit on the connector and it does not see it.
The color copy is a problem, it puts cyan lines on the whole page, like a photo screen. It is edge to edge it does blank the edges
of the image but the cyan lines are in the blank area also. The laser is being told to print these lines. They run at an angle on the page
and are less than 1/2 mm apart.
I have included a sample. I only had an hour or so to look at this unit today and this is my first time looking at the C1060. I do have the manual.
I ran the beam check test target from service in black and it looks OK. But prints the lines when in color. It does this without the controller connected.
Next Friday I will get to spend some quality time with machine and will check some other test prints. But I think it will do this when I turn the cyan on.
I also intent to reseat some connectors.
This is a church and the guy that moved the machine worked at the previous owners business on this machine.

However there are only a couple of places where the lines do not appear. In the yellow of the flowers.
The test target is one of my older targets and there is dirt on the upper right corner.

Any suggestions would be helpful

Thanks

DR

methogod
01-01-2020, 08:09 AM
scsi cable would be my first place to test... not sure if that internal controller has one.

tsbservice
01-01-2020, 11:02 AM
Yeah cable and reseat all connectors especially those from PH unit.

blackcat4866
01-01-2020, 09:13 PM
What does test pattern 1, cyan: +100 look like in the service mode?

For the base printer I'd start with the Gamma Adjust and Auto Color Registration.
Does the controller boot to: 00 on the controller display?

I guess you know that bad things happen when the enduser moves his own equipment. On a machine like this its easy to rack up a few thousand dollars in repairs, or just overdue maintenance. If you've never worked on one of this series you've got a pretty steep learning curve ahead.

davel
01-01-2020, 10:34 PM
Write it off, get them to claim on insurance.

Desert Rat
01-02-2020, 03:17 AM
Thank you for all the quick replies,

methogod, if you are referring to the hang on the back controller, it does this without it being connected. The customer told me he bent
the connector on the box back into place and the other end on the machine was not damaged. When he connected it and turned it on
I did not notice how it booted up except that there was no smoke and the symptoms had not changed.

tsb, I kinda thought I would have to play around in that area. If possible I will try to connect the cyan laser cable to another laser unit
to see if the problem follows. I don't like swapping the lasers but I may try that also.

Blackcat, I usually tell the customer that I don't mind if they help, I usually make more money. They leave me alone after that.
Just being honest. I have worked on a couple of C7000's and 6500's. The service mode seems the same but I'll bet there's a sharp
curve in there somewhere.
As for them moving there own machine I am familiar with that syndrome. I did run the auto gamma and it came back as complete, no errors.
I did not do the auto registration although I can see it may help from the white around the patches. I will run some more of the test target
from service and let you know what I get and post samples. I did recall standard data to the factory spec's. No help.

Thanks again for the suggestions. I'll let you know how I make out.

DR

Davel, I will mention the insurance angle to them also. That may be their last hope for this church if they thought that far ahead.

Desert Rat
01-05-2020, 09:30 PM
Davel, they do not have insurance on the machine. So they have no recourse.

Blackcat, every internal print has the cyan lines on them. The controller boots up to 00 with a green light. It is not connected
to a computer at this time. I assume that accounts for the message on the machine screen at the lower left corner that reads
"controller not connected. I took the cover off of the controller and could only find that screw for the connector was bent. So
I straightened it out the best I could and bent the bracket for that connector back in to shape.

Tsb, I took the panels off the back and re seated some of the connectors on board on the right as you look from the back. Next
I went to the image processor bd and re seated the HDD's and some of the other connectors. Finally I re seated the four flat cables
in the upper left corner. They were wrapped in foil and lead to the lasers. Powered up and the lines are gone. :D

Ran the auto gradation and the copies got very light so I recalled data from the factory and it came back. Still needs some adjustments.
But my goal was to repair the damage from the move.

Tomorrow I may stop in and mess with the finisher to see if that will come back to life.

Thanks for all the suggestions and support. This board is my greatest resource for weird shit.
Hope you all had a good New Years Eve

DR

Desert Rat
01-05-2020, 10:45 PM
I'm trying to find the by-pass tray in the parts book, it took a hit and bent the metal tray and broke the plastic cover.
On the first page of the parts book is about the only picture I've found.
My question is if I order item number 3 p/n A50U162803, will I also get the metal part?

Thanks

DR

blackcat4866
01-06-2020, 02:26 AM
I'm pretty sure it's an option, I'll look tomorrow.

Toxic
01-06-2020, 11:06 AM
No,that is just plastic cover.
Bypass is optional on this machine MB-506, search for that PM manual.
I have few cases when bypass was damaged from outside (box full of paper fall to bypass) and you must remove from machine and take a good look what is damaged or bent and must be replaced.

Desert Rat
01-06-2020, 10:14 PM
Thank you Toxic, guess I should've looked in the book first. I just assumed it was included with the main frame.

DR

blackcat4866
01-07-2020, 12:11 AM
It's an MB-506. =^..^=

Custom Search