PDA

View Full Version : Km 5050 Dropping off network

Custom Search

Weaze
10-24-2008, 02:09 PM
Hello There

I have been informed of a couple of our machines (km5050) Begining to drop off the network. We have got them going again using a couple of methods.

1: restart the nic through the panel.
2: Simply turning off & on.

We have also had to change one main board and dimms.

Has anyone had or heard of this one.

Cheers.

blackcat4866
10-25-2008, 01:58 AM
I've seen this a couple times. The one that drove me nuts was in an industrial setting. I set up a power quality analyzer, which recorded huge sags in the voltage, usually around 7:00 am & 4:30 pm. Once a dedicated line was set up it never happened again.

I've got another machine that does this. I believe that the network is slowing down. If I send a large PDF and watch the spooling progress in the print queue, it will start out buzzing along at 2MB/second. Periodically I see it slow down to 100KB/second, or stall altogether. After 30 seconds it goes Offline. I've been unable to convince the customer to do anything about the network. It doesn't speed up the network, but to avoid having the printer drop offline you can set FRPO J2 from default '6' (30 seconds) to '12' (60 seconds) in the Command Center, Printer, FRPO Settings, I/F Dependent. Then submit.

I hope this helps. =^..^=

Weaze
10-26-2008, 05:07 PM
Cheers
I will give that atry and let you know.

Thanks again.

Custom Search