PDA

View Full Version : Konika Minolta Bizhub C258 error

Custom Search

schnapy
01-04-2020, 04:08 PM
Hi,
I have a big problem with my KM C258. I have moved it from a location to another and when i want to start it i have error C-E002. It seems to be hdd of mfp board. I have changed the hdd and now i have error c-d043. With another hdd it remain blocked at startup screen with KM logo.

I have tried to enter in service with trouble reset but the button is disabled and i can't press him. Also i have tried stop 00 stop 01 and nothing.
I have tried firmware upgrade but same thing... it remain blocked at startup screen.
What can i do?

copier tech
01-04-2020, 04:55 PM
Hi,
I have a big problem with my KM C258. I have moved it from a location to another and when i want to start it i have error C-E002. It seems to be hdd of mfp board. I have changed the hdd and now i have error c-d043. With another hdd it remain blocked at startup screen with KM logo.

I have tried to enter in service with trouble reset but the button is disabled and i can't press him. Also i have tried stop 00 stop 01 and nothing.
I have tried firmware upgrade but same thing... it remain blocked at startup screen.
What can i do?

Since this error happened after you moved the machine fit the original HDD back then remove & re-seat all connections & memory DIMS etc most likely a loose connection.

What firmware did you try? there is NVRam recovery fw available.

tsbservice
01-04-2020, 05:07 PM
I would encourage most of endusers here atleast to consider Contributing to this site before geting the cash out of fellow techs with my advices.
https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/vbdonate.php?do=donate
Just saying...

dannu
01-04-2020, 06:28 PM
Hi,

What can i do?

Turn on the machine!

Wait for an error message!

Because it starts again!

Quick! Service Menu and HDD Formatting!

Because it starts again!

schnapy
01-04-2020, 06:46 PM
I have checked all conections and nothing.
When i receive error it will not restart it stay with error on display forever. There i have only a button on display "joblist"an nothing happen when i press it.
I don't know what can i do. i have tried all posibilities.
I think i must change mfp board but is expensive

dannu
01-04-2020, 06:56 PM
When i receive error it will not restart it stay with error on display forever. There i have only a button on display "joblist"an nothing happen when i press it.
House button -) counter... I replaca hdd yestoday and the printer stop error .

copier tech
01-04-2020, 07:03 PM

Yes MFP is expensive.

schnapy
01-04-2020, 07:21 PM
Yes MFP is expensive.

I don't know. I have attached a picture with 2 versions sended by my local service but they also don't how to repair the machine.

Synthohol
01-05-2020, 01:10 PM
the only thing you need on the usb stick is the fw0002 folder.
hold down stop key while power up and fw should start in like a minute or less usually.

schnapy
01-05-2020, 05:04 PM
the only thing you need on the usb stick is the fw0002 folder.
hold down stop key while power up and fw should start in like a minute or less usually.

I have formated the usb stick on FAT32 and i have copied only fw0002 folder.
The usb stick led is bliking and then on screen appear KM logo and remain like that forever.
What format should be HDD? NTSF or FAT32?

femaster
01-05-2020, 05:50 PM
I have formated the usb stick on FAT32 and i have copied only fw0002 folder.
The usb stick led is bliking and then on screen appear KM logo and remain like that forever.
What format should be HDD? NTSF or FAT32?

The pictures are a bit out of order with the text, but this should give you the information you need to make sure you are doing the firmware correctly. If this doesn't work, then there are bigger problems that will need to be addressed first.

USB stick, smaller than 32GB (according to KM, I suggest 4GB or less) - Formatted FAT32
Copy FW0002 folder to root of drive (Folder Name is Case Sensitive)

J.3.2. Procedure

Turn OFF the main power switch.
Connect the USB memory containing the firmware into the USB port on the right side of the control panel.
NOTE

USB memory must be connected with the main power switch off.

Turn the main power switch ON while pressing the Stop key.
NOTE

When [Administrator Settings] -> [Security Settings] -> [USB Connection Permission setting] -> [External Memory (Service)] -> [FW Update] is set to "Restrict", a message "It is limited by the administrator." will appear, and update of the firmware cannot be executed.
When [Administrator Settings] -> [Security Settings] -> [FW Update (USB) Perm. Sett.] is set to "Password Priority", it requires to input a password after confirming with the administrator.

Firmware Update selection screen is displayed.
NOTE

Unless one of the keys on the control panel is pressed, firmware is automatically updated after 30 seconds when the main power switch is turned on.
Selectable items displayed change depending on equipped options, etc.

https://wapps.mykonicaminolta.com/msman/m/service/bizhubC368Service/Images/png/47147787__Web.png (https://wapps.mykonicaminolta.com/msman/m/service/bizhubC368Service/Images/png/47147787__Web.png)
Select the firmware data to be updated in the Firmware Update selection screen. If multiple pages is displayed in the selection screen, check all of the pages.
NOTE

When a plurality of firmware is stored in a USB memory, touch [FW Data Select] to select firmware. In the data selection screen, * is added to the firmware data name in �??FW00**�?? folder contained in the USB memory.

Touch [Language Select].
On the Language Select screen, select a language to be displayed on the LCD area of the control panel, then touch [Fix].
NOTE

The language selected on this screen is displayed on the "Language Selection" screen of Utility.
Up to 9 languages are selectable. However, Japanese and English are essential options.

https://wapps.mykonicaminolta.com/msman/m/service/bizhubC368Service/Images/png/9007203761680651__Web.png (https://wapps.mykonicaminolta.com/msman/m/service/bizhubC368Service/Images/png/9007203761680651__Web.png)
Touch [OK] to go back to the firmware update selection screen.
Press the [START]. (At this time, the Start key starts blinking red.)
NOTE

The progress ratio of each board is displayed in writing the program.

https://wapps.mykonicaminolta.com/msman/m/service/bizhubC368Service/Images/png/47192715__Web.png (https://wapps.mykonicaminolta.com/msman/m/service/bizhubC368Service/Images/png/47192715__Web.png)
Check that the control panel shows the message indicating that the data has been rewritten correctly ([Downloading Completed]). (The Start key lights blue.)
NOTE

Check all pages, and make sure that no item is under firmware updating (Downloading...).

Turn OFF the main power switch.
Remove the USB memory.
Turn ON the main power switch.
Call the Service Mode to the screen.
Select the [Firmware Version].
Make sure if the version of firmware is updated.
https://wapps.mykonicaminolta.com/msman/m/service/bizhubC368Service/Images/png/9007203761684363__en-US__Web.png (https://wapps.mykonicaminolta.com/msman/m/service/bizhubC368Service/Images/png/9007203761684363__en-US__Web.png)

© 2015 KONICA MINOLTA, INC.

schnapy
01-05-2020, 07:06 PM
Not working. I have tried with 2 usb stick: 4gb and 16gb, fat32 formated
I appear a black dot on top-right and stay like that forever. nothing happend.

Synthohol
01-05-2020, 08:29 PM
fat32 drive must be 4 gig or less, sometimes 8 if it plays nice.

dannu
01-05-2020, 09:38 PM
Not working. I have tried with 2 usb stick: 4gb and 16gb, fat32 formated
I appear a black dot on top-right and stay like that forever. nothing happend.

Mate what problem ? Frozzen in fw update ? Or Hdd error ?

Synthohol
01-06-2020, 04:44 AM
had a couple like that, i reseated the SSD board and all was well.

dannu
01-06-2020, 05:10 AM
Copy fw002 pendrive .
Stop button and printer on any time .
Waite long time !!! 20-30 minute firsr boot and fw update !

Bix
01-09-2020, 09:57 AM
I have had a similar problem in a C364e. After moving it, it returned that error.

The large tray connector was not connected properly. Disconnected and reconnected, the error has disappeared.

afterhours
01-09-2020, 10:57 PM
Have you reformatted the hard drive. This is very important.

Custom Search