PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Bizhub c224e HDD Format Question

Custom Search

copier tech
01-07-2020, 07:19 PM
Hi all,

I’ve recently had few HDDs fail on various Bizhub models (C-D011 errors etc) replacing a brand new hard drive resolves the issue.

I do have a stock of used laptop drives, various sizes all working fine & I’s like to use these. What’s the best way to prepare them to fit in a Bizhub obviously I will format them first but to NTFS or exFAT ? or is it best to delete the partition(s) & format the drive in CE mode?

Today for example I tried a couple of used HDD's in a working C224e but got a C-D011 error.

Albonline
01-07-2020, 07:38 PM
Hi all,

I’ve recently had few HDDs fail on various Bizhub models (C-D011 errors etc) replacing a brand new hard drive resolves the issue.

I do have a stock of used laptop drives, various sizes all working fine & I’s like to use these. What’s the best way to prepare them to fit in a Bizhub obviously I will format them first but to NTFS or exFAT ? or is it best to delete the partition(s) & format the drive in CE mode?

Today for example I tried a couple of used HDD's in a working C224e but got a C-D011 error.

i have used 320s and 250s remove all partitions ,install, physical then logical format. works every time. sometimes can get away with just logical. fyi hdds with bh secure will appear as bad drives, in pcs. need physical format in a konica copier. to be usable.

tsbservice
01-07-2020, 07:53 PM
Hi all,

Just follow the manual, there's really no need to preformat HDD, also Emperon controller is Linux system so why Windows partitions?

Albonline
01-07-2020, 08:37 PM
Just follow the manual, there's really no need to preformat HDD, also Emperon controller is Linux system so why Windows partitions?

was telling him to format in copier, and how to use a locked drive.

tsbservice
01-07-2020, 08:49 PM
was telling him to format in copier, and how to use a locked drive.

Wasn't aware of your post when typing/sending mine. I see nothing wrong with your advice :cool:

copier tech
01-07-2020, 09:27 PM
Thanks for the info.

So say I took a 320gb drive from a laptop that had Windows XP installed on previously, I would usually plug the drive into a USB caddy to format in Windows.

Using Win 10 the only options I have is to format as NTFS or exFAT which option should I choose!?

Synthohol
01-08-2020, 04:09 AM
you never ever ever format a HDD going into a copier.
just remove all the partitions in disk management, create a single partition and unplug. do not format.
install in copier then follow previous advice.

(albonline) i have used 320s and 250s remove all partitions ,install, physical then logical format. works every time. sometimes can get away with just logical.

Custom Search