PDA

View Full Version : Reset C227 and i-Option

Custom Search

Bix
01-09-2020, 08:27 AM
Hi guys, happy new year!

I would like to ask you for information. I have to pick up a C227 from a customer who has several i-option licenses installed. If I clear all data + format the HDD, do I lose all the licenses or do they remain saved/associated?

kingarthur
01-09-2020, 08:47 AM
I recently wiped an HDD on a C454e, via the security settings, it retained the LK-105 option, I had to reload the OCR dictionary and the animation data, but it's probably easier to use the LMS to remove the I-option, then you can re-use them

Bix
01-09-2020, 09:00 AM
Thanks for the reply! I would like to return the same licenses to the same MFP. So if I recover the licenses from LMS, is it enough for me to re-enter the token?

Albonline
01-09-2020, 06:12 PM
Thanks for the reply! I would like to return the same licenses to the same MFP. So if I recover the licenses from LMS, is it enough for me to re-enter the token?

yes, will act as if new token.

kingarthur
01-10-2020, 08:09 AM
Don't forgot to get the de-activation complete code from the machine afterwards & enter it into the LMS, otherwise it won't think it's been de-activated completely

Bix
01-10-2020, 08:11 AM
Thanks, but as I hope it is understood, I don't want to uninstall the i-option to put it in another printer.
I will put it back on the same printer if ioption disappears after the logical hdd format.

Albonline
01-10-2020, 04:08 PM
Thanks, but as I hope it is understood, I don't want to uninstall the i-option to put it in another printer.
I will put it back on the same printer if ioption disappears after the logical hdd format.

you should be able to get away without uninstalling then,however if you are going to be messing around with have to change boards . i would uninstall and reinstall just to be safe.

emujo2
01-10-2020, 04:48 PM
I have been installing soluitons for many years..many of them require the LK 101 web browser license..(older e and 4 series)..I don't remember running into a single problem with HDD replacement that affected the license status..Replacing a main board and SSD board may have been different..But if you are the least bit worried, run the deactivation steps 1st (including the MFP deactivation code for LMS notification). The problem is the LKs are attached to S/Ns. Usually just adding the correct S/N after a board change resolves this as well, but not always..E

Custom Search