PDA

View Full Version : CQ How to check Magnetic Roller Strength

Custom Search

denvertan
01-10-2020, 09:49 AM
My old school method is to turn the roller manually and make sure the whole roller is stick with developer.
Any scientific way I can check the roller instead of my old school way.

This is what happen when I use my old school way.
Last month it is full of developer, this month is not.

srvctec
01-10-2020, 03:35 PM
The missing developer most likely has nothing to do with your magnetic roller losing any magnetism. I've only come across this issue (mag roller losing magnetism) a handful of times over the last 31 years and it was always on the same model, the Minolta 1030. Your issue is that the developer is missing from the developing unit for some reason and you need to find out why.

tsbservice
01-10-2020, 05:24 PM
Agree, most likely machine is dumping developer into WTB. Also if you turn mag roller wrong side on some models there are Mylars that may flip and cause issues. I have maybe one failed magnetic roller, magnets broke inside.

Phil B.
01-10-2020, 05:48 PM
Agree, most likely machine is dumping developer into WTB. Also if you turn mag roller wrong side on some models there are Mylars that may flip and cause issues. I have maybe one failed magnetic roller, magnets broke inside.

in ANY SM that I've read over the past 31+yrs , there has always been a diagram showing WHICH direction to turn mag roller to avoid mylar flip. I have seen trained techs ignore that and then wonder why they have dumping and poor CQ.

only one mag roller I can remember was the cause... the enduser had dropped the cart, cracking the magnet inside the roller. VERY RARE.

blackcat4866
01-11-2020, 02:01 AM
The main reasons I've seen for dumping developer is primary charge loss, or drum cleaning LED failure. =^..^=

blackcat4866
01-12-2020, 04:46 PM
in ANY SM that I've read over the past 31+yrs , there has always been a diagram showing WHICH direction to turn mag roller to avoid mylar flip. I have seen trained techs ignore that and then wonder why they have dumping and poor CQ.

only one mag roller I can remember was the cause... the enduser had dropped the cart, cracking the magnet inside the roller. VERY RARE.

I've done this a few times myself, the last time on a bizhub C1060. Once that mylar flips from turning the wrong direction, the developer will all dump. And on the C1060 its a strip of metal ... very difficult to re-position. If you can get it started flipping back at one end, turning the roller in the correct direction will crawl it back with difficulty. =^..^=

tsbservice
01-12-2020, 05:44 PM
I've done this a few times myself, the last time on a bizhub C1060. Once that mylar flips from turning the wrong direction, the developer will all dump. And on the C1060 its a strip of metal ... very difficult to re-position. If you can get it started flipping back at one end, turning the roller in the correct direction will crawl it back with difficulty. =^..^=

That's the main reason I always check the manual before even start working on developer unit. You can screw things badly in a blink :)

AnaDorr
02-23-2020, 05:03 PM
The missing developer most likely has nothing to do with your magnetic roller losing any magnetism. I've only come across this issue (mag roller losing magnetism) a handful of times over the last 31 years and it was always on the same model, the Minolta 1030. Your issue is that the developer is missing from the developing unit for some reason and you need to find out why. It can be also resolved with the help of scrap magnets (https://dimetm.com/lifting-electromagnets/electromagnets/scrap-handling-magnets)

The thing is that today magnets became rather widespread in the life of ordinary people and industry, as well. Today I found so many companies providing assistance in cargo lifting, delivery, cranes etc. with the help of electromagnets. But it is not soo simple to find the responsible person or company even in the mentioned area. It is very important in cooperation with such a company.

srvctec
02-24-2020, 03:47 PM
The thing is that today magnets became rather widespread in the life of ordinary people and industry, as well. Today I found so many companies providing assistance in cargo lifting, delivery, cranes etc. with the help of electromagnets. But it is not soo simple to find the responsible person or company even in the mentioned area. It is very important in cooperation with such a company.

WOW. That's your very first post here after joining over 3 years ago?? Thanks for the SPAM! The not so subtle editing of my quote is pretty low. Just go away. Oh look, you now have a red card!!

tsbservice
02-24-2020, 04:06 PM
WOW. That's you very first post here after joining over 3 years ago?? Thanks for the SPAM! The not so subtle editing of my quote is pretty low. Just go away. Oh look, you now have a red card!!
Yeah, I was thinking yesterday exactly what you say but decided he/she don't deserve my(our) time. I guess if my post was quoted by sneaky person I would be more irritated.
+1 RC

Phil B.
02-24-2020, 04:15 PM
WOW. That's you very first post here after joining over 3 years ago?? Thanks for the SPAM! The not so subtle editing of my quote is pretty low. Just go away. Oh look, you now have a red card!!

he's gathering quite the collection.

:cool:

Synaux
02-25-2020, 02:47 AM
WOW. That's your very first post here after joining over 3 years ago?? Thanks for the SPAM! The not so subtle editing of my quote is pretty low. Just go away. Oh look, you now have a red card!!

I never actually read the quotes if it is mine, lol good catch

allan
02-25-2020, 08:18 AM
Only real magnet related problems i have come across was other wise the magnet got detached somehow or the magnet angle was out of position.

Zesti
02-25-2020, 11:58 AM
Do not drop mag roller, prevent scratching on roller. The magnets inside are permanent unless it is 50+ years old. If magnet roller adhering developer..... its good.:cool:

Custom Search