PDA

View Full Version : Creo IC-304 Controller Software for KM bizhub PRO C6500

Custom Search

rawrpenguinzombies
01-10-2020, 07:25 PM
Hello all,
I have a bit of a predicament on my hands. I have a Creo IC-304 controller that suffered disk failure (shocker I know the original disks were dated late '09) and I was able to get the v1.0 sp2 software installed with help from the community members here. I then found another individual on the forums who had the v2.0 software. However, when I went to install it the installation wizard notified me that v1.0sp2 is not a viable update candidate. Now I am fairly certain that is because I need the intermediate v1.2 installed first. If there is anyone out there who either knows how to get around the installer or who happens to have a copy of v1.2 it would really be appreciated!

methogod
01-11-2020, 03:35 AM
if it's working why update?
i wish i could help more, but i am a fiery guy.

If you need a IC305 with the latest software let me know...

rawrpenguinzombies
01-11-2020, 07:30 PM
Well it is working... but it doesn't support 64 bit client connections which is pretty much every other networked computer in the office. So they have to either take files to the machine and import off a thumb drive or they have to connect to the thing as a file share and drop the files in there and then do all the configuration for print at the machine itself. It really is just the inconvenience. However, the controller has intermittent issues with ripping some pdf files. I have been able to prettyy much rule out hardware as the issue and the only thing I can think of is that the older version of the software doesn't play nicely with the newer version pdfs. Hoping that updating the software also aids the issue a bit.

I also have an IC-305 fiery project that I am working on now that you mention it. How much of a fiery guy are you?? Have any tips or tricks for decompiling diablo kernel? Or unpacking those devilish .dpkg files? I am pretty certain they are gzipped down, but they are minus the magic numbers and plus some compiled funny business. Whenever I try to manipulate the kernel or files at all I can't get the thing to a manipulable state. I think I am close, but no cigar yet. Mind you this is all purely academic, not for nefarious purposes. (please don't smite me mighty forum overlords :cool:)

Custom Search