PDA

View Full Version : Error Code trouble with c224e smbing to windows 10 pro

Custom Search

BigDZaster
01-11-2020, 03:58 AM
is anyone else having the same problem trying to scan smb to windows 10 pro on a domain?? I keep getting and error "no server connection". thanks for any input

Phil B.
01-11-2020, 05:46 AM
is anyone else having the same problem trying to scan smb to windows 10 pro on a domain?? I keep getting and error "no server connection". thanks for any input

world wide problem with MS win7 & 10
many threads on this brand wide.

Check to see:

-does your unit allow upgrade to SMB2-3?

what version are you running now?

do you have the service manual?

obtain proper FW and instructions for proper installation procedure

FOLLOW TO THE T on the instructions

be nice to see config sheets and any error logs involved
are you having any other issues?

if so please state them now

tyyam84
01-12-2020, 04:40 AM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200112/4db23268f784f1f1b6660f40fa450480.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigDZaster
01-12-2020, 11:57 AM
sorry. no access to machine at this time and no access to fw

mincopier
01-12-2020, 12:36 PM
Update to latest base firmware then install latest special firmware

Make sure that Windows is updated to the latest firmware

Temporarily disable firewalls to see if these are the cause. Instruct on how to do this or create a rule to allow communication from the copier to the computer.

Even on a domain I always like to use a local admin account for scanning. In some cases the domain admin account had to be used. The reason I like using a local account is less likely for the password to change as often. The local domain account is usually used by the customers IT dept.

Lync
01-13-2020, 04:05 AM
After an update Windows 10 has disabled SMB 1.0, you can go into Windows Features and turn it back on, but it is a security issue. (See image)

Lync
01-13-2020, 04:08 AM
Also make sure the filename is not fixed, if you try to scan something with a filename that is already in the folder it cannot overwrite it. It just says server connection error.

BigDZaster
01-14-2020, 12:27 AM
doing this to help a friend. he is too small to get access to fw downloads. was hoping there was another source to get it. the file names are by date, time so there shouldn't be a problem there. still no access to the machine. waiting for the owner to call. have watched videos on youtube and did everything they said but always the same error. I did enable smb 1.0 but same results. getting a flat spot on my head from beating it against the wall. thanks for all the suggestions

Bix
01-14-2020, 10:51 AM
Hi, you could enable SMB1.0 on Windows but you are endangering the client for possible hacker attacks.

You could try using an alternative like FTP or Scan to email or USB.

mincopier
01-14-2020, 01:07 PM
Here is a batch file I use for my customers. It works about 95% of the time on windows 7 through the latest Windows 10 home and professional. Just unzip it, right click and "Run as Administrator" even though the batch file is setup to automatically elevate to administrator privileges. The following is what it will do:
Creates the user "Scans" with the password of "Scanner1"
Creates the Scan folder
Shares the Scan folder to user Scans
Creates a desktop short cut for the Scans folder
In most case it sets the NTLM permissions
Opens the windows firewall for SMB scanning
Enables various services that SMB does require
Copies the "Hostname" of the computer to the clipboard (Then just paste into the web page)

This was created to run basic windows command lines. So all that is needed to customize is to right click and choose "Open with Notepad". I have most of the lines labeled to what they do. If this file does not work for you then it is usually a permissions. Sometimes after running this useing the Domain administrator account or a Domain user instead of the "Scans" user will allow scanning to work.

Use at your own descretion, I take no responsibility of a crashed system.

Dropbox - Scan user.bat.zip - Simplify your life (https://www.dropbox.com/s/9hw3j9wc7dw38rd/Scan%20user.bat.zip?dl=0)

bsm2
01-14-2020, 01:45 PM
DID you try the hard ipaddress? instead of host name check the dns settings and add Wins also

allan
08-08-2022, 08:16 PM
Here is a batch file I use for my customers. It works about 95% of the time on windows 7 through the latest Windows 10 home and professional. Just unzip it, right click and "Run as Administrator" even though the batch file is setup to automatically elevate to administrator privileges. The following is what it will do:
Creates the user "Scans" with the password of "Scanner1"
Creates the Scan folder
Shares the Scan folder to user Scans
Creates a desktop short cut for the Scans folder
In most case it sets the NTLM permissions
Opens the windows firewall for SMB scanning
Enables various services that SMB does require
Copies the "Hostname" of the computer to the clipboard (Then just paste into the web page)

This was created to run basic windows command lines. So all that is needed to customize is to right click and choose "Open with Notepad". I have most of the lines labeled to what they do. If this file does not work for you then it is usually a permissions. Sometimes after running this useing the Domain administrator account or a Domain user instead of the "Scans" user will allow scanning to work.

Use at your own descretion, I take no responsibility of a crashed system.

Dropbox - Scan user.bat.zip - Simplify your life (https://www.dropbox.com/s/9hw3j9wc7dw38rd/Scan%20user.bat.zip?dl=0)

Awesome can you share this again please.

mincopier
08-08-2022, 11:16 PM

Custom Search