PDA

View Full Version : C6501 fuser troubleshooting

Custom Search

methogod
01-11-2020, 11:19 PM
Fuser issue, rebuilt last month - works good. Just this heavy long uncoated sheet started doing this...

100# Uncoated Accent Digital (18x12) 271GSM - all normal within spec all printed face up...

Jumped down to 80# same paper ran fine.

What should i chase?
SPRINGS? Limiter? Exit rollers/roller?

Machine exit roller? Drive / Grit Roller....
Usually our heavy stock will jam in RU when machine exit roller is due...

I have a 2nd and 3rd fuser can test, but wondering if anyone has seen this?

Phil B.
01-12-2020, 12:26 AM
Fuser issue, rebuilt last month - works good. Just this heavy long uncoated sheet started doing this...

100# Uncoated Accent Digital (18x12) 271GSM - all normal within spec all printed face up...

Jumped down to 80# same paper ran fine.

What should i chase?
SPRINGS? Limiter? Exit rollers/roller?

Machine exit roller? Drive / Grit Roller....
Usually our heavy stock will jam in RU when machine exit roller is due...

I have a 2nd and 3rd fuser can test, but wondering if anyone has seen this?

rebuilt? OEM or compat parts?

were all thermistors/stats replace?

what is the condition of drums?

have you checked bias setting for heavy stock?

lighter papers will always a better chance of proper transfer of toner than a heavier paper with poor bias for heavier stock

check to see if there is excess toner build up on exit rollers, doubt that could be the problem UNLESS toner not bonding properly to page (heat settings)

what paper setting are you using? you tried lighter what if you go MAX thick? slower travel higher heat

uncoated would be best unless extra rough .. extra linen content could be a slight issue.

blackcat4866
01-12-2020, 05:03 PM
It looks like 2nd transfer to me. Perhaps a tray specific media setting might help.

Does the toner wipe off? I'm thinking that it doesn't. =^..^=

raplma
01-12-2020, 08:17 PM
Just a thought before you go stripping the Fuser...seeing you've just rebuilt it...
Have you tried the same file on some untextured board?

I'm UK and am not familiar with your specific board, but am familiar with the textured boards of Conqueror etc.
It's when using these types of boards that I have come across something similar to what your images show, although not to that extent.
Which is why I would first try some untextured board of similar weight and size.

This effect can be caused when the rollers are not able to effectively 'grip' because of the textured surface and so the board is in effect slipping, this is based on the assumption that the top edge of your image is the leading edge? With this in mind - and to state the obvious - ensure all rubber and white rollers are clean.

Another odd thing to try, run the image on the back/duplex image, so the first side is blank - I know you think as I did that won't make a difference - but on our c6501 and c5501 for that matter there was the odd job that really did run better when the image was printed on the duplex pass.

Before posting up, I have just looked up the board being used and one company specifically comments when using this board
"As with any uncoated or textured stock, avoid heavy coverage images when possible for optimal print quality"
Looks like you're not the only one.

If it is fuser, to add to what has been said, in terms of a specific check, ensure that the thermistors - the two flappy ones, sorry can't remember if they are TH1/2 or TH3/4 - check they are set at the correct distance from the rollers, this will effect the temperature.

I too would second changing the temps for this specific job, we often do for heavy coated gloss boards, when a full image coverage is required.

Let us know how you get on
Thanks
Mark

methogod
01-12-2020, 10:26 PM
swapping fusers in the AM to test for any change...

no cant wipe it off its fused.

Drums are fine, may be getting close for PM, have to look. But nothing over due with consumables....

fuser is all OEM, as well is everything else. Have you seen this with aftermarket fuser belts?

methogod
01-12-2020, 10:27 PM
Just a thought before you go stripping the Fuser...seeing you've just rebuilt it...
Have you tried the same file on some untextured board?

I'm UK and am not familiar with your specific board, but am familiar with the textured boards of Conqueror etc.
It's when using these types of boards that I have come across something similar to what your images show, although not to that extent.
Which is why I would first try some untextured board of similar weight and size.

This effect can be caused when the rollers are not able to effectively 'grip' because of the textured surface and so the board is in effect slipping, this is based on the assumption that the top edge of your image is the leading edge? With this in mind - and to state the obvious - ensure all rubber and white rollers are clean.

Another odd thing to try, run the image on the back/duplex image, so the first side is blank - I know you think as I did that won't make a difference - but on our c6501 and c5501 for that matter there was the odd job that really did run better when the image was printed on the duplex pass.

Before posting up, I have just looked up the board being used and one company specifically comments when using this board
"As with any uncoated or textured stock, avoid heavy coverage images when possible for optimal print quality"
Looks like you're not the only one.

If it is fuser, to add to what has been said, in terms of a specific check, ensure that the thermistors - the two flappy ones, sorry can't remember if they are TH1/2 or TH3/4 - check they are set at the correct distance from the rollers, this will effect the temperature.

I too would second changing the temps for this specific job, we often do for heavy coated gloss boards, when a full image coverage is required.

Let us know how you get on
Thanks
Mark

not textured its uncoated, matte vs gloss or silk is what we call it...

Toxic
01-12-2020, 11:10 PM
Is it on trailing edge of paper?
Did you try change 2nd Transfer Output Adj. (Front) ,2nd Transfer Output Adj. (Back)
Few times this helps me with some long stiff 300gsm paper

methogod
01-13-2020, 04:48 AM
Is it on trailing edge of paper?
Did you try change 2nd Transfer Output Adj. (Front) ,2nd Transfer Output Adj. (Back)
Few times this helps me with some long stiff 300gsm paper

leading edge

Custom Search