PDA

View Full Version : Accurio Press C2060L J-3102 Tray 3 300gm

Custom Search

CopierNerd
01-14-2020, 02:40 PM
This problem is not new. All experts know about it i guess.

Press c2060 jamming and giving J-3102 from tray 3. Substrate is 300gm. 260gm is working like a charm. No jams from tray 3.

Surprisingly 300gm media is not jamming from bypass tray.It get jam only from tray 3. It does not matter how much you print from bypass tray it all passes smoothly. This means the path is clear.

Media jams before entering fusing unit. It doesnt even touch the actuator of fusing sensor and stops. What on earth is causing this jam?

Any expert would like to shed some light on it?

Many Thanks

Phil B.
01-14-2020, 03:25 PM
This problem is not new. All experts know about it i guess.

Press c2060 jamming and giving J-3102 from tray 3. Substrate is 300gm. 260gm is working like a charm. No jams from tray 3.

Surprisingly 300gm media is not jamming from bypass tray.It get jam only from tray 3. It does not matter how much you print from bypass tray it all passes smoothly. This means the path is clear.

Media jams before entering fusing unit. It doesnt even touch the actuator of fusing sensor and stops. What on earth is causing this jam?

Any expert would like to shed some light on it?

Many Thanks

doubt that tray is designed for that heavy of a paper.

raplma
01-14-2020, 04:41 PM
Couple of questions come to mind...
By tray 3 I assume you are referring to the LU202, which one do you have the m or xl version. Either are rated to take 300gsm
Does it jam when you run a single sheet (1 page) job from tray 3 rather than multiple?

Phil B.
01-14-2020, 05:25 PM
Couple of questions come to mind...
By tray 3 I assume you are referring to the LU202, which one do you have the m or xl version. Either are rated to take 300gsm
Does it jam when you run a single sheet (1 page) job from tray 3 rather than multiple?

I ASSumed he meant cassette not LCT

tsbservice
01-14-2020, 05:40 PM
300gsm paper is upper limit from tray 3 and 5. Maybe check separation settings in manual and make some adjustments.

blackcat4866
01-14-2020, 08:50 PM
Roller feed, not vacuum feed, yes? =^..^=

raplma
01-14-2020, 09:07 PM
I ASSumed he meant cassette not LCT

IIRC - I may be mistaken - the 2060L only has two cassette trays and the LCT (LU202m or LU202XL) roller fed units as options, the PFxx units inc. PF707 vacuum fed unit not an option.

If it does run a single sheet, and assuming the rollers are in good condition I would adjust the tension spring on the paper feed assy.

One of our presses has the LU202 and we run a lot of heavy board probably 80% of all work on that press, it required a replacement LU202 and when it was first installed had to increase the tension on the aforementioned spring to prevent 'jams' although most were j1501 (I think).

Toxic
01-14-2020, 09:52 PM
Did you try this DIPSW ?

Registration motor gain-up control
Function: Enlarge the margin of the step out of
the registration motor (M45) on the specified
paper feed condition.
Usage: When the paper is thick and hard that is
out of specification, the registration motor (M45)
possibly steps out. In this case, select "1".
Note
Use this control only when the user uses the
thick paper (300 g/m2 or more) that is out of
the product specification and jams (J-3101,
J-3102) caused by the registration motor
occur frequently.
This function functions only when "1" is
selected on the DIPSW and the specified
paper feed condition is met.

tsbservice
01-14-2020, 10:06 PM
Give him DIPSW number, sometimes techs are too bored to use manual.

Toxic
01-14-2020, 10:22 PM
If i am not borred to post it then he should not be borred just to find it in SM if has not already.
This is some precautions to disable end users to mess with DIPSW ;)

tsbservice
01-15-2020, 06:16 AM
If i am not borred to post it then he should not be borred just to find it in SM if has not already.
Hey Toxic, I didn't mean you but OP ;)
Good point about endusers, not many techs will think about it before post codes, etc.

CopierNerd
01-15-2020, 04:25 PM
Hey Toxic, I didn't mean you but OP ;)
Good point about endusers, not many techs will think about it before post codes, etc.

Tray 3 is LU-202 XL. I have read the manual and DIP switch has been changed for Registration Motor (M45) gap for hard and unspecified media.But its not working. In manual there is an adjustment for media separation but if paper jamming meets particular conditions. (A) if media goes upward and stick to intermediate transfer belt. (B) If media goes between the gap between transfer roller and fusing entrance.

In my case media jam before transfer roller. I have checked it by removing the process unit cover and cheating the switch and front door. Media reaches to registration section smoothly then suddenly it jams. Due to rotation of motor and creation of loop it moves forward a little bit and reach near Fusing exit sensor. About an inch before exit sensor.

I dont think separation adjustment will work because if it is due to separation trouble then media should also jam from Bypass tray. But from manual bypass tray same 300gm media works perfectly without a single jam. No J-3102.

I also have changed tension points of separation roller spring. Result is zero. After reading manual and doing above work i decided to take advice from KM Giants and Titans......

CopierNerd
01-15-2020, 04:35 PM

Manual is used for reference and troubleshooting but reading books does not guarantee that our problems will be solved. There are a lot of things which are not mentioned in manuals.

blackcat4866
01-15-2020, 06:51 PM
No... but its a useful tool. And I don't throw away a useful tool if it doesn't fit every bolt. =^..^=

tsbservice
01-15-2020, 07:53 PM
No... but its a useful tool. And I don't throw away a useful tool if it doesn't fit every bolt. =^..^=

True that.
My 2 cents.
Experienced techs sometimes have supernatural ability to read the books between the lines and find their solutions...still they need first to READ it. Next it's a matter of thinking.

Toxic
01-15-2020, 09:47 PM
We are in offtopic but just to say from my point of view, theory od operations is very good part of SM and helped me so much times to figure out strange things when just reading codes did not help directly to solve problem.
Like @tsb said,sometimes with not ordinary problems must read between lines and use logic.

CopierNerd
01-16-2020, 05:21 PM
We are in offtopic but just to say from my point of view, theory od operations is very good part of SM and helped me so much times to figure out strange things when just reading codes did not help directly to solve problem.
Like @tsb said,sometimes with not ordinary problems must read between lines and use logic.

WELL, what about solution of this problem? Paper jam from LU at number 9, Near Exit sensor, 300GM. Jam code J-3102?

???

Toxic
01-16-2020, 06:20 PM
What is machine counter?
Are all sizes of that 300 gsm paper jams or specific size only?

In my case media jam before transfer roller. I have checked it by removing the process unit cover and cheating the switch and front door. Media reaches to registration section smoothly then suddenly it jams. Due to rotation of motor and creation of loop it moves forward a little bit and reach near Fusing exit sensor. About an inch before exit sensor.
I dont understand this very well.
How jam can be before transfer roller and near fusing exit sensor?
It should enter fusing unit to be even close to fusing exit sensor or i dont understand good?
You mean maybe near fusing loop sensor?

Did you try to change loop adjustment, it should be settings for each tray, i would try that.

Custom Search