PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C308 c-2554 error

Custom Search

copier tech
01-16-2020, 09:45 PM
Hi all,

Anyone seen this before? magenta level is at 9.5% during a print run will throw C-2554.

Removing the magenta toner & doing a run the level will drop until machine calls for magenta toner. However when the toner is installed the level goes back high & throws the code again!

I've only ever seen low toner dens not high.

All image units are nearly new as is the transfer unit (replaced about a month ago)

:mad:

copyman
01-16-2020, 11:30 PM
Not sure I can be much help. You are right it's usually dev is low from dumping due to overlife consumables, HV leak, etc.

The only time I saw it high is when I try to recover a dev unit that has dumped by adding dev from another used dev unit. I always end up pouring in too much dev and although it doesn't code is will show 9 +% which as you know is suppose to be in the 6.5 range. At that point I run 11x17 half tones until the # drops to around 7. Then I run some regular color pages, turn off and on a few times and it "usually" stabilizes and stays around 6-7%

If anything else comes to mind I'll post it.

Good luck

REGSIS
01-17-2020, 07:58 AM
Hi all,

Anyone seen this before? magenta level is at 9.5% during a print run will throw C-2554.

Removing the magenta toner & doing a run the level will drop until machine calls for magenta toner. However when the toner is installed the level goes back high & throws the code again!

I've only ever seen low toner dens not high.

All image units are nearly new as is the transfer unit (replaced about a month ago)

:mad:

Hmmmm!
Try to update the firmware.
If that doesn't work you can try TCR sensor from another machine; or swap from other dev unit of the same machine and see if code move to that color.
On 4 series TCR sensosrs were the same for all colors, I presume it's like that on 8.
Maybe they are even the same on both series (didn't checked).

copier tech
01-17-2020, 07:36 PM
Hmmmm!
Try to update the firmware.
If that doesn't work you can try TCR sensor from another machine; or swap from other dev unit of the same machine and see if code move to that color.
On 4 series TCR sensosrs were the same for all colors, I presume it's like that on 8.
Maybe they are even the same on both series (didn't checked).

Updated firmware & set function version to 4.3.

Cleaned the TD sensors removed the toner & ran full page magenta until M level returned to normal 6.5% then ran initialise + stabilise.

But when putting the M toner back in & running prints the level went back to 10% & threw C-2554 again.

Bit stumped have ordered a new mag dv unit to go back with.

tsbservice
01-17-2020, 07:54 PM
I'm with REGSIS on this issue. Your dev unit TCR sensor probably went flaky.

Custom Search