PDA

View Full Version : C224e-No response from NIC

Custom Search

Rewind!
01-16-2020, 10:58 PM
Got one for us guys, that has me in circles. We have a C224e that does not respond to pring commands and does not pick up a DHCP address. Wired directly to MFP from laptop and still nothing. The NIC acticity and connection leds are both flickering/on. Have initialized, updated firmware, ran individual tests and machine network does not respond. Any advice on what else to try.

Many thanks!

Rewind!

Phil B.
01-16-2020, 11:09 PM
Got one for us guys, that has me in circles. We have a C224e that does not respond to pring commands and does not pick up a DHCP address. Wired directly to MFP from laptop and still nothing. The NIC acticity and connection leds are both flickering/on. Have initialized, updated firmware, ran individual tests and machine network does not respond. Any advice on what else to try.

Many thanks!

Rewind!

have you tried a new CAT5/6 cable?

what cable did you use from lapper?

is it set for DHCP?

have you tried static?

is the addy within the network ranges?

DNS set correctly?

very little info on a connectivity issue.

Rewind!
01-16-2020, 11:14 PM
have you tried a new CAT5/6 cable?

what cable did you use from lapper?

is it set for DHCP?

have you tried static?

is the addy within the network ranges?

DNS set correctly?

very little info on a connectivity issue.

Confirming, that we have tried different network cables. Laptop has a NIC adapter that autoswitches (straight/crossover). It was set to DHCP, but did not pick up and address from the server, set a manual address within the class C subnet currently used in network and did not ping back. DNS should not matter as I am pining direct IP addresses, but they are set correctly.

I almost think the nic on the board went bad....

Thanks for your time!

Rewind!

copyman
01-16-2020, 11:38 PM
The symptoms you describe could be a bad MFP board which has the net built in. Last summer lost 4 in same building to lightning storm. Copiers were on good surge protectors but surge came through the network cable. Copiers worked fine, network port lights blinking, etc but could not print or scan.

Tip to all, if using the good surge protectors that have the network & phone protection on them take advantage and use them! Could save you a lot of money! Just need a few extra short cables. I learned the hard way.

Hytec dealer services repairs the MFP boards for around $400

Rewind!
01-16-2020, 11:52 PM
The symptoms you describe could be a bad MFP board which has the net built in. Last summer lost 4 in same building to lightning storm. Copiers were on good surge protectors but surge came through the network cable. Copiers worked fine, network port lights blinking, etc but could not print or scan.

Tip to all, if using the good surge protectors that have the network & phone protection on them take advantage and use them! Could save you a lot of money! Just need a few extra short cables. I learned the hard way.

Hytec dealer services repairs the MFP boards for around $400

Thank you for your input! We normally alreayd send out boards out to Hytec, was thinking if there was anything else on the MFP side that we could try. I had read that there was a NIC reset which involved the NVRAM, but Im not to sure how this procedure works, and dont have the flash files needed, so Hytec it is!

Thanks again for your time!

Rewind!

Synthohol
01-16-2020, 11:52 PM
does the config page print? what IP does it show? is PSWC on in admin mode?

Phil B.
01-17-2020, 12:46 AM
Compact Solutions 120 - 208V Power Filter (https://www.ametekesp.com/esp/compact-solutions/compact-solutions-120-208v) surge/net

Hey ReWind! check these folks out.. USA made... even have digital analyzers that you can copy info to PC store/print an hand to customer.. even offer engineer support to analyze the reading you have Q's about

enVision IC 120 - 208V Predictive Analysis Software (https://www.ametekesp.com/surgex/envision-ic/envision-ic-120-208v)

Synaux
01-17-2020, 03:12 AM
does the config page print? what IP does it show? is PSWC on in admin mode?
Yes, and if the IP starts with 169 that is a common unresolved IP

Is the light turning on the NIC when you plug in the ethernet cord?

What controller do you have set in Service Mode? No Fiery, right?

Shot in the dark: there used to be a NIC reset tool (FW) on the other models, not sure about these "new" MFPs.

Synthohol
01-17-2020, 03:23 AM
is the laptop you directly connect using the same first 3 octets of the IP?

copyman
01-17-2020, 03:59 AM
Not sure it would be a good idea to use the NVRAM reset tool if you are going to be putting in a repaired / cleansed board from Hytec or another machine. It makes it so much easier if you use the original NVRAM when replacing the MFP board.

tsbservice
01-17-2020, 08:08 AM
Thank you for your input! We normally alreayd send out boards out to Hytec, was thinking if there was anything else on the MFP side that we could try. I had read that there was a NIC reset which involved the NVRAM, but Im not to sure how this procedure works, and dont have the flash files needed, so Hytec it is!

Thanks again for your time!

Rewind!

Use this to clear network settings.
[System 1] -> [Initialization] -> Network Setting Data -> To clear network-related settings
But I'm afraid that copyman is right about portion of MFPB being dead.

emujo2
01-17-2020, 06:57 PM
There could be a few reasons why the MFP does not pull a DHCP address

1. Port security
2. VLAN involved
3. Network at 1GB, e series only supported to 100MB full duplex
4. Routing through a hub versus a switch
5. Cabling other than Cat5e or Cat6
6. MFP NIC set at 1/2 duplex, or lower than 100MBS
7. MFP not set for DHCP ( if you are seeing a 169.X.X.X address then DHCP is on and you are getting the typical APPIPA address)

If you are trying to connect directly to a laptop

Set the laptop IP scheme and drop speed down to 100MB, on MFP disable DHCP and set the IP to laptop schema +- 1 (other than the network address or .255)
On MFP verify NIC is at full auto and 100MBS

If after all of this you still can't ping and see basic connection LEDs you may have a bad protection capacitor
You can also try going into ADMIN and turning TCP/IP off then back ON (with power cycle each time. This is like a NIC reset. E

Synaux
01-18-2020, 02:50 AM
Not sure it would be a good idea to use the NVRAM reset tool if you are going to be putting in a repaired / cleansed board from Hytec or another machine. It makes it so much easier if you use the original NVRAM when replacing the MFP board.

Well he has not said he sent it out yet, and aside from avoiding the black squares of shame, I fail to see how a NVRAM reset would cause additional complications (maybe the i-option licensing stuff too). Am I forgetting something?

I looked through the SM and the Active Solutions there is no mention of a NVRAM reset tool (FW) or the NIC reset only option that resided in the older NVRAM reset tools. I no longer have access to KM confidential nonsensical login, can someone confirm for the Cxx4 series?

Custom Search