PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta C452

Custom Search

JM1
01-19-2020, 12:10 AM
Hi everyone, I'm having a problem with my Bizhub C452 I need to locate n get a (Loop Sensor) that is situated right under the Fuser Unit and I'm (URGENTLY) in need of one or even two...I'm from Jamaica and i can't seems to locate any at this moment I even check online but came up blank so if anyone knows where and how i can purchase one I would be grateful.

Phil B.
01-19-2020, 01:52 AM
Hi everyone, I'm having a problem with my Bizhub C452 I need to locate n get a (Loop Sensor) that is situated right under the Fuser Unit and I'm (URGENTLY) in need of one or even two...I'm from Jamaica and i can't seems to locate any at this moment I even check online but came up blank so if anyone knows where and how i can purchase one I would be grateful.

what is the part number?

copyman
01-19-2020, 04:24 AM

Are you a tech? What is a loop sensor? I've never heard that terminology, please enlighten me.

Like Phil posted, part #, or parts page with a circle around part. Something, anything! Help us help you......

bradanzy
01-19-2020, 09:00 AM
Can you take picture of it, this loop sensor does sound right to me.

darry1322
01-19-2020, 12:46 PM
Are you a tech? What is a loop sensor? I've never heard that terminology, please enlighten me.

Like Phil posted, part #, or parts page with a circle around part. Something, anything! Help us help you......

Not OP, but the loop sensor is the sensor located underneath the fuser unit that controls paper loop as the paper is fed into the fuser. A speed difference between transport and fuser can cause paper to either be fed into the fuser too fast causing a large loop that would smear unfused toner going into the fuser or no loop at all causing poor color registration as the fuser pulls paper too fast during 2nd transfer.

The loop sensor reading let's the machine equalize transport and fuser speed to maintain the proper image transfer/fusing.

I do not have a manual with me so I don't have a part number on hand.

copyman
01-19-2020, 02:01 PM
Quote:
"Hi everyone, I'm having a problem with my Bizhub C452 I need to locate n get a (Loop Sensor) that is situated right under the Fuser Unit and I'm (URGENTLY) in need of one or even two...I'm from Jamaica and i can't seems to locate any at this moment I even check online but came up blank so if anyone knows where and how i can purchase one I would be grateful"

Do you have the parts manual? If you make a small contribution to this website, another member or myself will send you parts manual so there is no more guess work.

darry1322
01-19-2020, 02:50 PM
So you are servicing a machine without a parts manual? You expect us to guess what sensor you are talking about? PM me your email and I will send parts manual to you. Since you are a contributer I will send manual to stop this guessing game.
Please reread my post. I clearly.stated that I am not the OP and that I don't have a parts manual with me. I do have all manuals on my work PC. I'm just answering a question.

tsbservice
01-19-2020, 03:51 PM
Not OP, but the loop sensor is the sensor located underneath the fuser unit that controls paper loop as the paper is fed into the fuser. A speed difference between transport and fuser can cause paper to either be fed into the fuser too fast causing a large loop that would smear unfused toner going into the fuser or no loop at all causing poor color registration as the fuser pulls paper too fast during 2nd transfer.

The loop sensor reading let's the machine equalize transport and fuser speed to maintain the proper image transfer/fusing.

I do not have a manual with me so I don't have a part number on hand.

@darry1322
Excellent explanation.

@OP
As for part number here it is:
A108M50100
There are about 30-40 Photointerrupters same with this one in the machine. Rob temporarily one or two from part like 1000-SHEET PAPER FEED SECTION.

copier tech
01-19-2020, 06:30 PM

I just had a quick look you can buy this sensor from multiple sites online.

eBay or precision roller maybe your best bet.

P/N A108M50100

copyman
01-19-2020, 10:54 PM
All this time wasted! If the original poster would of just got the parts manual, searched the # on google problem solved in less than 5 mins!

Ha-ha, keep saying I'm not going to reply to any post that doesn't have enough information. If they aren't going to put an effort into getting FREE help why should I waste my time......

Synaux
01-20-2020, 05:43 PM
@darry1322
Excellent explanation.

@OP
As for part number here it is:
A108M50100
There are about 30-40 Photointerrupters same with this one in the machine. Rob temporarily one or two from part like 1000-SHEET PAPER FEED SECTION.

For some reason I always thought of that as a unique part, very good to know! :)

On a side note, am I the only one that thinks this is a particularly weak configuration?
A configuration that seems to be the standard for KM machines of this size.

I would have to study the Theory of Operation more closely to approach a definitive conclusion to the following statement:
For something that has to be relatively precise, there is no redundancy (secondary or ever tertiary sensor); that said, other sensor timings might be utilized to evaluate the paper-flow holistically (potential for issues unto itself).
(These are the engineering questions that keep me up at night--if only I had more lofty aspirations become a copy-machine-engineer as a boy instead of failing to become an astronaut).

Anyways, I have seen registration issues come and go like a ghost in the machine. In one particular scenario, I went through painstaking efforts to eliminate nearly all components (which also failed to replicate the already intermittent issue). I am almost confident this was due to intermittent lag in switching of this sensor.

[hmmm maybe this is worthy of its own post or is my tinfoil hat restricting blood flow (again)]

Synaux
01-20-2020, 05:45 PM
All this time wasted! If the original poster would of just got the parts manual, searched the # on google problem solved in less than 5 mins!

Ha-ha, keep saying I'm not going to reply to any post that doesn't have enough information. If they aren't going to put an effort into getting FREE help why should I waste my time......

Well you learned what a loop sensor is... :rolleyes:

tsbservice
01-20-2020, 06:27 PM
For some reason I always thought of that as a unique part, very good to know! :)

On a side note, am I the only one that thinks this is a particularly weak configuration?
A configuration that seems to be the standard for KM machines of this size.

I would have to study the Theory of Operation more closely to approach a definitive conclusion to the following statement:
For something that has to be relatively precise, there is no redundancy (secondary or ever tertiary sensor); that said, other sensor timings might be utilized to evaluate the paper-flow holistically (potential for issues unto itself).
(These are the engineering questions that keep me up at night--if only I had more lofty aspirations become a copy-machine-engineer as a boy instead of failing to become an astronaut).

Anyways, I have seen registration issues come and go like a ghost in the machine. In one particular scenario, I went through painstaking efforts to eliminate nearly all components (which also failed to replicate the already intermittent issue). I am almost confident this was due to intermittent lag in switching of this sensor.

[hmmm maybe this is worthy of its own post or is my tinfoil hat restricting blood flow (again)]

Those type of sensors are very reliable and are used in every photocopier I worked on.
The sensor itself is extremely stubborn, failing parts are usually springs and actuators.
In fact I have seen only a few ones Photointerrupters dead, they are used in some Toshiba fusers.
They must died for a reason(heat) ;)

Synaux
01-20-2020, 06:44 PM
Those type of sensors are very reliable and are used in every photocopier I worked on.
The sensor itself is extremely stubborn, failing parts are usually springs and actuators.
In fact I have seen only a few ones Photointerrupters dead, they are used in some Toshiba fusers.
They must died for a reason(heat) ;)

Yeah, I haven't seen many of those sensors fail either.

My rant was strictly talking about the configuration--not the sensor itself. :)

Custom Search