PDA

View Full Version : KM 754 Software upgrde to 754e

Custom Search

vertigosystems
01-19-2020, 12:19 AM
Is it possible to upgrade the 754 to the 754e since it seems that the only difference between the two models is a more "web friendly" Infopalette display.
Print engine wise, they seem to be completely identical.

I'm in the process of fixing a 754 for a client that needs an HDD replacement, and I'm having difficulty locating firmware/movie data for the 754 but am finding at least one version of the software for the 754e

Synthohol
01-19-2020, 01:01 AM
not worth the "upgrade" unless its gonna fix a scan to email issue.
if you need firmware, try being a contributor to the site and see what happens ;)

copyman
01-19-2020, 02:57 AM
Agree. Leave well enough alone. I've seen a few machines become inoperable after trying to go from a "Non E" to "E". There is movie F/W for the 754.

vertigosystems
01-23-2020, 03:28 AM
It was just an idle thought about switching over to the E firmware by a customer, although I'm fairly certain if I did brick it, I could unbrick it just the same via jtag or icsp unless it has some kind of write-once memory or flags on that model.
What is the latest fw(date) available for the 754? It still seems to have the stock from 2012. At the very least I'd need to rustle up the movie data. ;)

Edit: I should specify, I need the ones for the C754

wjurls
01-29-2020, 10:05 PM
It's possible. I have upgraded a few of our 754's. It's even necessary if they plan to use scan to smb via windows 10. KM has a bulletin on the process of a 2 step firmware upgrade.

As others have said though. If it works, don't fix it.

vertigosystems
02-02-2020, 07:44 PM
It's possible. I have upgraded a few of our 754's. It's even necessary if they plan to use scan to smb via windows 10. KM has a bulletin on the process of a 2 step firmware upgrade.

As others have said though. If it works, don't fix it.

Well, it both works as is, but it also will require SMB access from W10 machines, so that doesn't leave me much choice but to try it and see what happens. If it fails, I can always restore the SSD/EEProm to it's original code with an ICSP since I've already dumped the raw contents of the chip.

wjurls
02-03-2020, 12:30 AM
Well, it both works as is, but it also will require SMB access from W10 machines, so that doesn't leave me much choice but to try it and see what happens. If it fails, I can always restore the SSD/EEProm to it's original code with an ICSP since I've already dumped the raw contents of the chip.

If you have access to KM tech web, search for "wannacry ransomware" From the one stop product support for the 754. You will find the detailed procedure for doing this update.

Custom Search