PDA

View Full Version : developer charge problem on C454e

Custom Search

furius
01-21-2020, 03:11 PM
Hi guys, I have a problem that I can't solve with a c454e. (256.000 copy)
The machine does not load toner into the developer during printing.
The strange thing is that if the charge is performed manually the developer is regularly charged, but as soon as you start printing the developer drops to 1% until the machine goes into error.

The following tests were carried out:
1. Installation of a new developer.
2. Complete cleaning of the toner tank + lubrication of the charging gears.
3. New Toner (Katun)

During printing, the toner bottle moves and the charge motor moves with ease but does not load the developer with toner.
With manual charging from the service menu, everything is ok.
Do you have any solution on this?
Thanks so much

GIUBOSS
01-21-2020, 03:57 PM
the initialization of the developer was successful after the replacement.

furius
01-21-2020, 04:30 PM
the initialization of the developer was successful after the replacement.

Absolutely yes.

tsbservice
01-21-2020, 04:46 PM
Developing units of this model are rated at 600k, what have you done to the poor machine? Also it's supposed to change developing unit not developer.
The mix in developer unit has nothing original in it and TCR sensor cannot detect correct levels.

srvctec
01-21-2020, 04:47 PM
All of this is happening without any P codes or C codes?

furius
01-21-2020, 08:55 PM
Developing units of this model are rated at 600k, what have you done to the poor machine? Also it's supposed to change developing unit not developer.
The mix in developer unit has nothing original in it and TCR sensor cannot detect correct levels.
of course I changed the developer DV-512K unit
I've had cases where the developer unit didn't last longer than 300,000 copies.
But in this case this is not the problem at all unfortunately, despite the new developer the machine loads only with manual loading and not in the printing phase

furius
01-21-2020, 09:00 PM
All of this is happening without any P codes or C codes?

After about 200 copies the machine drops the toner level in the developer and stops asking to open and close the front door.
It is as if during printing the machine did not receive the input to load the toner into the developer.
Could toner be the problem?
I would like to try with a firmware update and see what happens

copyman
01-21-2020, 10:54 PM
After about 200 copies the machine drops the toner level in the developer and stops asking to open and close the front door.
It is as if during printing the machine did not receive the input to load the toner into the developer.
Could toner be the problem?
I would like to try with a firmware update and see what happens

It is almost impossible to trobleshoot a quality issue using generic toner. Even if it's Katun toner I still wouldn't trust it. If a go on a call and they are using aftermarket toners I insist they pay for new OEM toners before I will even open my toolbag.

Unless I missed it what do you mean about loading toner? Do you mean manually pour toner into dev unit? You just can't pour toner into dev, it needs developer to start. Just a little developer is mixed with new toners not enough to replenish "lost" developer/toner. If your developer keeps crashing you need to look at other "over life" consumables. "ANY" bad color drum can affect "ANY" other color dv unit. Even a bad transfer belt and less common HV leak can cause ANY dev unit to dump.

Synaux
01-22-2020, 04:33 AM
Thanks so much

I assume you are using TCR toner supply? If so what option are you using? Regardless, do you hear any abnormal grinding noise when you do?
OEM toner?
TCR levels?
Coverage of prints/copies?

Is the hopper (the contraption below the toner cart) filling? One trick without using SM is to open and close the toner door every time you do this the toner carts run several cycles to the hopper.

This does not feel like a FW issue.

Hope I am going in the right direction here... :o

Oystercopy
01-22-2020, 06:41 AM
3. New Toner (Katun)

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I will NEVER, EVER use Katun's toner in ANY of my machines, ever again.... I was using their Toshiba toners for years, and starting having major CQ issues and premature parts failures throughout the entire machine before I realized it was the lousy Katun toner. And Katun's handling of my warranty claims on their toner was HORRIFIC, to say the least.

I might suggest that in this instance, the machine is not recognizing the Katun toner as legit and is possibly not running the hopper motor accordingly, unless (of course) you're forcing the toner down into the developer unit through service mode... but in normal mode, it may not be able to be recognized by the machine and is backfiring on you.

Just my 2 cents...
OC

Hansoon
01-22-2020, 06:28 PM
I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I will NEVER, EVER use Katun's toner in ANY of my machines, ever again....

Hear, hear......

Katun's handling of my warranty claims on their toner was HORRIFIC, to say the least.

Sounds VERY familiar to me. Had this not with toner but parts.

Hans

tsbservice
01-22-2020, 06:41 PM
3. New Toner (Katun)

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I will NEVER, EVER use Katun's toner in ANY of my machines, ever again.... I was using their Toshiba toners for years, and starting having major CQ issues and premature parts failures throughout the entire machine before I realized it was the lousy Katun toner. And Katun's handling of my warranty claims on their toner was HORRIFIC, to say the least.

I might suggest that in this instance, the machine is not recognizing the Katun toner as legit and is possibly not running the hopper motor accordingly, unless (of course) you're forcing the toner down into the developer unit through service mode... but in normal mode, it may not be able to be recognized by the machine and is backfiring on you.

Just my 2 cents...
OC

Hear, hear......

Sounds VERY familiar to me. Had this not with toner but parts.

Hans

I'm just grateful to hear from both of you that I made right decision to deflect my boss from using Katun's reseller offer not so long ago.

allan
01-22-2020, 06:46 PM
Yes the katun toner is an issue the dev will not last...
Exept been using the TN217/414 universals for some time with ok results on the 223/423 machines:rolleyes:.

Wonder if the dev unit did reset. Check the date under consumable life.
Its not supposed to go under 4% without an error C-255X so you could have an article release issue.

Tone it up to you liking and then reset is again with an aftermarket reset chip...

Synaux
01-29-2020, 03:52 AM
So just to be clear, you replaced the Katun Toner and everything is now rainbows and butterflies?

Katun toner is garbage--in my experience. The brand is alright in certain situations though. That said, Konica is notoriously incompatible with compatible toners (as opposed to say HP), I just recently ran into a case where a compatible Cyan cart (looked like OEM as first glance) was spitting a Cyan background on pages with any color content (mono was fine). Ran 255 halftone until hopper was near-empty, replaced cyan cart and good as new.
I mention this in particular because this is the first time I have seen a compatible CMY toner really cause such catastrophic failure. Seen it far too many times with K toner. I think this has to do with with the fact that most businesses run relatively few color prints, but who knows.

sanvicente
01-29-2020, 07:24 AM
Hi guys, I have a problem that I can't solve with a c454e. (256.000 copy)
The machine does not load toner into the developer during printing.
The strange thing is that if the charge is performed manually the developer is regularly charged, but as soon as you start printing the developer drops to 1% until the machine goes into error.

The following tests were carried out:
1. Installation of a new developer.
2. Complete cleaning of the toner tank + lubrication of the charging gears.
3. New Toner (Katun)

During printing, the toner bottle moves and the charge motor moves with ease but does not load the developer with toner.
Do you have any solution on this?
Thanks so much

Seen a lot of machines doing that (normally beyond 500k) either c220/c280/c360 and the 4 series. As somebody say a few comments ahead is probably the hopper section. If you can swap it with another machine you can do the test.

had a client that Went with this issue for one year only open and closing front door before every job 😑😑😑 It was at least silly but worked 400k more...

Synaux
02-01-2020, 04:00 AM
had a client that Went with this issue for one year only open and closing front door before every job 😑😑😑 It was at least silly but worked 400k more...

I still have cX50s out there that require this massaging... It is really too bad that the hopper filler option was never added to them in SM (pretty sure it would have only required implementing code already applied to newer models). I remember seeing that option for the first time on relatively newer models and was pleasantly surprised.

Custom Search