PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub new firmware: marketplace G00-X4

Custom Search

Bix
01-22-2020, 11:27 AM
Hello guys,

today I made a bitter discovery. The new bizhubs you will buy now have the G00-X4 with the same configurations as the iSeries.

So you need to disable the security messages, make sure that ip filtering does not create problems and disable the marketplace.

In iSeries I have no difficulty disabling it. Before I disabled it from "Network - IWS Settings" or in the new firmware there was even the voice to disable the Marketplace.

Unfortunately on bizhub series 8 I don't find the function to disable Marketplace. If I remove it from the icons, the next restart it reappears.

Any suggestions?
thank you

tsbservice
01-22-2020, 12:04 PM
Remove it completely by openAPI remove tool.

Bix
01-22-2020, 02:36 PM
it's bizarre because I tried with OpenAPI Application but it doesn't detect it. Maybe because the icon is "marketplace installer" and actually still is not installed.

Unfortunately, if I disable it from the icons, it reappears on the next restart.

emujo2
01-22-2020, 03:12 PM
leave IWS ON, remove marketplace, cycle power..We had this issue where the MFP was trying to reach out to the marketplace website to update itself. No market place app were in use and we got a unable to connect error message that was pissing the customer off. This was the only way to get rid of marketplace. E

srvctec
01-22-2020, 03:43 PM
Huh??! I've updated DOZENS of 8 series (7 and 9 series also) machines to the X4 F/W and never had Marketplace come into play on any of them. Never had a customer complain about anything new after the update, either. We don't setup any customer to use the Marketplace in the first place, so maybe that's why?

Or maybe I'm misunderstanding. Do you mean only new machines that come with X4 preinstalled, have the marketplace and same look as i series?

tsbservice
01-22-2020, 04:15 PM
it's bizarre because I tried with OpenAPI Application but it doesn't detect it. Maybe because the icon is "marketplace installer" and actually still is not installed.

Unfortunately, if I disable it from the icons, it reappears on the next restart.

Aha, so it's actually not installed but icon to install it appears on new machine display?
I'm going to install C258 on monday and will observe the situation.

Bix
01-22-2020, 04:23 PM
Here's the trick! Following the procedure that worked:
1. IWS is not present unless you enable the browser first. So I first enabled the browser.
2. After restarting the MFP, I have access to the IWS function.
3. Open OpenAPI Manager and finally Market Place has appeared.
4. I have removed the marketplace

(only in news mfp with G00-X4)

tsbservice
01-22-2020, 05:06 PM
Glad you sorted out this. By helping yourself you hopefully in the future save some fellow tech time and griefs.

Bix
01-23-2020, 03:31 PM
Bad news! I was convinced it was the definitive solution. Even after uninstalling with OpenAPI manager, the button reappears! I don't remember if right after the reboot or after the MFP has been off for some time

I guess I can't do much

tsbservice
01-23-2020, 03:57 PM
You can always try to downgrade FW version.

Bix
01-23-2020, 04:17 PM
I tell you the truth, I don't care. But it's just an attempt to avoid future trouble. In fact, it may prove useful in the future.

On a positive note, when you press that button, it asks you for the administrator password. So I hope the average user who will use the MFP will not be able to enable it by mistake.

Flash
01-23-2020, 10:31 PM
Another problem with the X4 firmware is the machine freezes up when you try do do Bizhub Secure. I would downgrade to W5 to do Bizhub Secure.

rrrohan
01-24-2020, 04:06 AM
if you disable web browser doesnt it kill API's?

Not like anyone uses the web browser to actually browse the net anyway so they wont miss it

Bix
01-24-2020, 07:48 AM
Enabling the browser only helps you to show IWS settings. If you disable it, IWS disappears.
More than a bug, I think Konica Minolta wants to make the marketplace permanent.

mo0651
01-24-2020, 01:59 PM
If it stays on the screen, maybe someone will ask about it. Then they can sell more of their over priced slow apps.:cool:
I hate because every time you want a simple copy, the silly machine is reconnecting to market place.:mad:

rrrohan
01-24-2020, 11:57 PM
Pity in Australia we only get like 5 apps

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk

feracampos
06-29-2022, 01:56 AM
Well... tomorrow I'll install the X4 fw on my c308.
Is there any newer version with that problem solved? :rolleyes:
Thanks in advance!

Custom Search