PDA

View Full Version : i Series printing with mac

Custom Search

larweedad
01-22-2020, 08:58 PM
I have a costumer that has C300i. they have had it for quite a while. They do use user authentication. The ones that uses mac computers and I Phones can no longer print to the copier. It shows off line or never prints. look in the job list, nothing there from a mac since Monday morning. Updated the firmware to G00-75 and rechecked sleep and power settings--all good. turn off authentication, still will not print. The drivers were downloaded and install from KM site. Using a MAC, I can get on the pagescope. Now the part that has me stumped, ALL PCs print fine with zero problems. What am I missing? I know some mac but not a clue on this issue. Thanks.

KenB
01-22-2020, 10:18 PM
Are the Windows machines printing with PCL or PostScript? (Sorry, I don’t know this model at all.)

I would assume the Macs are printing with PostScript.

I’m asking because if the PCs are using PCL, there may be a problem with the PostScript portion of the machine.

larweedad
01-22-2020, 10:35 PM
PCs are all using PCL drivers.

blackcat4866
01-22-2020, 11:01 PM
Have the Macs upgraded the operating system recently?

I've seen this before at a real estate office. All agents using Macs. All updated OS last week. All cannot print now. It was on Toshiba printers but the same principle. It turns out that Toshiba had not yet written a PPD for this particular version of the OS, but an older version worked ... or used to work until the most recent update. Now it doesn't work.

All I could recommend is downgrading the OS, until Toshiba catches up. =^..^=

mincopier
01-22-2020, 11:16 PM
Do not use Air Print on the Macs. It is just as bad as the WSD port on Windows. Setup by IP using the LPD port.

KenB
01-22-2020, 11:43 PM
PCs are all using PCL drivers.Try installing the PostScript driver on a PC and see what happens to help isolate the problem.

I would highly recommend installing it on your notebook and not on one of their PCs. No point in risking really snarking someone off should something stupid happen.

Woxner
01-23-2020, 12:29 AM
The new McIntosh system update to operating system Catalina 10. 1. 5 is causing major compatibility issues. The new operating system no longer recognizes any 32-bit programs, including all of the Konica drivers for Emperon controllers. There is no work around at this time, and SSD said that there will be a new driver available by the end of January. The upgrade to EFI for their new 6.4 operating system with 64-bit drivers is required with this new upgrade. At this point, there is no known fix for the machines equipped only with an Emperon controller.

FYI

SalesServiceGuy
01-23-2020, 01:57 AM
Have the Macs upgraded the operating system recently?

I've seen this before at a real estate office. All agents using Macs. All updated OS last week. All cannot print now. It was on Toshiba printers but the same principle. It turns out that Toshiba had not yet written a PPD for this particular version of the OS, but an older version worked ... or used to work until the most recent update. Now it doesn't work.

All I could recommend is downgrading the OS, until Toshiba catches up. =^..^=

I have personally tested and can confirm that the Toshiba V7.99 driver aka ColorMFP-V7 USA works A-OK with the latest iOS 10. 15.2 Catalina Mac OS.

You might find the attached helpful.

If you do not have a Mac Airpad/laptop to play with you can rent one virtually in the Cloud for approx $27.00 week per week from MacinCloud - Rent a Mac in the Cloud! - Mac in Cloud (http://www.macincloud.com) with full Admin rights.

rrrohan
01-23-2020, 04:21 AM
It might be as simple as removing printer and re adding it

Bix
01-23-2020, 07:57 AM
Hi, for safety I would try to disable IP filtering in the network settings. A customer was unable to install the driver and was unable to locate the C250i. By disabling ip filtering, it worked again.

rrrohan
01-23-2020, 02:19 PM
i always disable filtering. not really sure why anyone would need it.

larweedad
01-23-2020, 02:35 PM
The mac I was using has High Sierra on it. IP filters are off. Air Print is off. They use their wifi to print if they are not at their desks.

tsbservice
01-23-2020, 02:42 PM
i always disable filtering. not really sure why anyone would need it.
It's security feature.

rrrohan
01-23-2020, 03:10 PM
maybe its just banks/military/corporate that want this. company i work for dont do any of these sort of customers so i guess ive just been lucky enough to avoid the need to use it

Bix
01-23-2020, 03:37 PM
That's right, in addition to a security problem I believe that it can be convenient in trapped networks. If many network packets are running and there is ip filtering, the MFP accepts only packets from authorized computers, thus avoiding possible network flooding.

Regarding the problem, after the upgrade to G00-75 did you change the dipswitches from 00 to 01? Also remember to restart the MFP.

larweedad
01-23-2020, 03:44 PM
yes changed soft switch updated movie also. and ran gradation. restarted mfp 4 times.

Bix
01-23-2020, 04:27 PM
Before investigating the drivers, I would investigate Offline MFP. I had some C250i / C3320i which went offline but due to an electronic board problem.

Is the C300i able to Scan to Email, CSRC or anything else or does it return an error? If it also returns an error by doing a Scan to Email, you could join the technical club with iSeries offline: https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/141920-c250i-going-offline-noisy-post807284.html?141920=#post807284

Also you could try pinging the machine with this procedure: Descriptions of Functions / Utility Keys (https://manuals.konicaminolta.eu/bizhub-C360i-C300i-C250i/EN/contents/opkey_380_S.html?k=ping)

copyking
01-24-2020, 11:49 AM
That's right, in addition to a security problem I believe that it can be convenient in trapped networks. If many network packets are running and there is ip filtering, the MFP accepts only packets from authorized computers, thus avoiding possible network flooding.

Regarding the problem, after the upgrade to G00-75 did you change the dipswitches from 00 to 01? Also remember to restart the MFP.

Hello,
Are we talking about dipswitch 25? It should be "10" -Or am i missing something ?
4. System Requirements
None

5. How to install
Please refer to Service Manual.
<Function Version>
About Software Switch Settings
Switch No.: 25
HEX Assignment: 00 -> Function Version 1.0
HEX Assignment: 10 -> Function Version 2.0

albemero
01-24-2020, 02:17 PM
Hello,

the new firmare G00-75 with Software Switch 25= 10 Hex, switch off the airprint function and you must install the airprint license.

emujo2
01-24-2020, 02:54 PM
WTF Airprint License???? What is this about regarding the MFP??

larweedad
01-24-2020, 03:10 PM
Update. Had no problems with PS drivers on a PC. Removed Account Track and Macs work fine. Called KM, they told me that they have getting calls all week on this issue. They are working on it. I was told to change 25 back to 00. turn back on airprint. Now wait.

kingarthur
01-24-2020, 03:30 PM
WTF Airprint License???? What is this about regarding the MFP??

On the new range the Airprint didn't work, unless you installed a licence, I thought the new FW had resolved that. There was a bulletin with the licence number for each model. It's a free licence.

Bix
01-27-2020, 11:18 AM
GC1-75 Resolve Airprint problem.

Btw -- we can wait for future update

Custom Search