PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta C458 Printer Area

Custom Search

Fmedina01
01-23-2020, 02:01 AM
Does anyone have the default printer area settings? Mu wife decided to click away and changed the print area settings and now we are just trying to get them back to default. The print are settings are located in the "service mode" options. Help please!

Phil B.
01-23-2020, 02:14 AM
Does anyone have the default printer area settings? Mu wife decided to click away and changed the print area settings and now we are just trying to get them back to default. The print are settings are located in the "service mode" options. Help please!

Please explain exactly what issues you are having.

what print driver on what operating system on PC or MAC?

USB/Cat5/wireless

are there error codes on Computer?

are there errors on display?

can you print anything/config page(s)? if print config, please post

Fmedina01
01-23-2020, 02:20 AM
Well, actually it was just printing "Off Centered" so she was looking at the settings, and decided to go into the service mode options and set all the "printer area" values to 0. When she did a test print and realize nothing changed, she wanted to put it back to factory default..... but did not know any of the original values. But as far the the printer its self, nothing is actually wrong with it, she just wants to reset those values to what they were set from the factory. I will try to take picture of what I am looking for when i get back to my house. Should be within the hour.

Synthohol
01-23-2020, 02:51 AM
if you close the tray too hard the paper guides shift. check the width marks against the paper.

blackcat4866
01-23-2020, 12:31 PM
For future reference, there are very few situations in which throwing away all the existing adjustment values is a useful thing to do. All you end up doing is creating 2+ hours of work for yourself, and learning how to do a bunch of adjustments that you've never done before.

And yes, the tray guides is the most likely cause of a shifted image. =^..^=

srvctec
01-23-2020, 04:55 PM
Sounds like an end user got into service mode by Googling how to do it (THE number one reason we as techs should NEVER leave the default CE password set OR turn it off!!!) and cleared all the printer area settings back to zero for some reason.

To the OP, you should have called a tech in the first place or posted here when you first encountered the issue and you wouldn't be in this situation. It's never a good idea to go changing values for which you know absolutely nothing about, on any equipment but I guess you figured out that the hard way.

tsbservice
01-23-2020, 07:40 PM
He blamed the wife but I'm sceptical about any woman doing things like this, mine wouldn't for sure 😄

CompyTech
01-23-2020, 07:58 PM
The default IS 0.

More than likely whoever did the setup of the machine changed the numbers.

srvctec
01-23-2020, 09:08 PM
The default IS 0.

More than likely whoever did the setup of the machine changed the numbers.

Well, usually. I've set up hundreds of machines over the last 30+ years and lots of times there are values already set from the factory prior to me changing a thing. It seems the default used to always be zero years ago but in recent years I've noticed they aren't always.

Fmedina01
01-24-2020, 12:53 AM
I was able to get my hands on a service manual. And it does look it is default to "0". Im assuming this machine had a finisher, but it was removed. Which explains why everything was shifted to the right. We bought this printer used with about 2000 total prints about a week ago and we are trying to get all the settings to what works for us. But thanks for the help everyone.

blackcat4866
01-24-2020, 01:20 AM
Since you have the service manual and plenty of time, go the adjustments section and get started. They're all zero-ed now. =^..^=

Custom Search