PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Yellow color is not printing Konica Minolta C224e

Custom Search

musthafavi
01-23-2020, 06:38 AM
I having Konica Minolta C224e MFP, its not printing Yellow color and in color print out not getting good quality

I have attached here demo page

After getting this issue, i have been changed Yellow DV unit( DV unit was expired), but still getting the same issue

copier tech
01-23-2020, 07:32 AM
I having Konica Minolta C224e MFP, its not printing Yellow color and in color print out not getting good quality

I have attached here demo page

After getting this issue, i have been changed Yellow DV unit( DV unit was expired), but still getting the same issue

Try swapping the yellow drum with another colour & run the demo page again?

tsbservice
01-23-2020, 07:39 AM
What are other consumables counters. Color developer units are very expensive, did you use new one or second hand?
Also your color registration is bad, after changing dev unit did you perform Stabilize + Gradation adj?

musthafavi
01-23-2020, 07:59 AM
What are other consumables counters. Color developer units are very expensive, did you use new one or second hand?
Also your color registration is bad, after changing dev unit did you perform Stabilize + Gradation adj?

I have been changed Chip and developer powder
I performed stabilize and Gradation but while performing gradation its not showing gradation values

musthafavi
01-23-2020, 08:05 AM
Try swapping the yellow drum with another colour & run the demo page again?

I did , but getting same issue (yellow not getting properly)

copier tech
01-23-2020, 08:06 AM
I performed stabilize and Gradation but while performing gradation its not showing gradation values

Here is your issue! fit a genuine Konica Developer UNIT

kingarthur
01-23-2020, 08:25 AM

You've changed "chip and developer powder", you haven't replaced the dev unit then.....

musthafavi
01-25-2020, 11:00 AM
Here is your issue! fit a genuine Konica Developer UNIT

Now Yellow DEV unit has been changed with genuine Konica Dev unit, but still having same issue

Synthohol
01-25-2020, 01:55 PM
print the yellow gradation pattern, did you clean the laser slit glass with the wand? you didnt mention it.

jwai
01-26-2020, 12:58 PM
Try the PWB-HV?

Synthohol
01-26-2020, 06:24 PM
The gradient and halftone test patterns in service mode is the best resource to diagnose a CQ issue without removing covers or wasting time and money swapping boards/parts.

tsbservice
01-26-2020, 06:33 PM
Agree. There's section in every SM regarding 'image quality troubleshooting' in almost all cases running gradations and halftone patterns is part of troubleshooting. They're there for a reason!

copier tech
01-26-2020, 06:42 PM
Agree. There's section in every SM regarding 'image quality troubleshooting' in almost all cases running gradations and halftone patterns is part of troubleshooting. They're there for a reason!

But when you’re using using compatible toner & refilling the dev units the manual doesn’t account for this.

hobbele
03-24-2022, 03:17 PM
hey i got the same error...

However, it is a C364e. First the power supply was defective.
After we exchanged the power supply, it suddenly stopped printing the color yellow.

We renewed Dev + Drum Yellow genuine.
Then we renewed the HV, then the PWB Assy (FRB)...
And now I'm considering replacing the laser/PH.

What was the solution here? Did anyone else have the problem?

Thanks
Tobi

Gift
03-24-2022, 03:33 PM

After we exchanged the power supply, it suddenly stopped printing the color yellow.

Thanks
Tobi

Yes - well - kind of - recently with a C3350i that printed full yellow pages sporadically - after replacing the HV there was no yellow at all but funny black dots patterns.
Finally we performed a data clear/initialisazion via SP and voila - image was back on track. Do a USB backup first.

tsbservice
03-24-2022, 05:30 PM

Thanks
Tobi
What will happen if you block a part of laser window for yellow and print full bleed yellow page?
I think you skipped some troubleshooting steps and jumped on boards which isn't always good idea :)

hobbele
03-31-2022, 12:10 PM
I think you skipped some troubleshooting steps and jumped on boards which isn't always good idea :)

You are absolutely right :rolleyes:
Unfortunately, it had to be done quickly and there was still an old machine standing around to be cannibalized. So we just started... It was the laser unit. I can now print yellow or all colors again

I still don't understand why it's only yellow but okay... I have to take a closer look at how the laser works so that I understand it I think

tsbservice
03-31-2022, 12:24 PM
Unfortunately, it had to be done quickly and there was still an old machine standing around to be cannibalized. So we just started... It was the laser unit. I can now print yellow or all colors again

I still don't understand why it's only yellow but okay... I have to take a closer look at how the laser works so that I understand it I think

Thanks for letting us know your findings.

femaster
04-01-2022, 02:15 AM

One of our techs had a similar issue with a C364e. The only difference is that for him it was the cyan. It wasn't completely blank of cyan, but was so light that on a full 255 halftone, it looked like it outputting at maybe a 32 level, while all others were the full 255. Tried all the usual suspects for a single color issue, and ultimately it was replaced laser unit that brought cyan back to normal.

hobbele
04-01-2022, 06:40 AM
One of our techs had a similar issue with a C364e. The only difference is that for him it was the cyan. It wasn't completely blank of cyan, but was so light that on a full 255 halftone, it looked like it outputting at maybe a 32 level, while all others were the full 255. Tried all the usual suspects for a single color issue, and ultimately it was replaced laser unit that brought cyan back to normal.

for me it was also a C364e!

can you explain how the error occurs? I disassembled the laser and saw nothing

allan
04-01-2022, 07:10 AM
How about some half-tones. That will help a ton.

strider5555
04-01-2022, 03:33 PM
I had a similar issue on a C258, would not print yellow, but other colours were fine. Went through all the troubleshooting, swapped m drum for y, tried different Y dev, replace HVT, power supply, and PH unit, all to no effect. Transfer belt as well. It ended up being the transfer belt pressure retraction clutch, in the fuser drive assembly, and the only reason I checked that, is because the fuser drive had previously been disassembled and cleaned because of a noise issue. The clutch slipped just enough so that the Yellow 1st transfer would not pressure up against the drum, but did not affect the M and C.

strider5555
04-01-2022, 04:22 PM
Color registration is also off. What P codes are you getting? What are the IDC values for the front and rear sensors? Do they change? Should vary from approx 0 to 3.4 volts. If one is not changing, and I have seen this on quite a few 4, 4e and 8 series machine, then replace the IDC sensors. Same sensors for 4, 4e and 8 series, so if you have a parts machine, replace the whole bracket with 2 sensors, and then redo gradations

emujo2
04-01-2022, 05:12 PM
Just has one that reproduced the color test page perfectly, yellow gradation pattern was spot on. P codes and the inability to run stabilization. Customers print jobs with yellow came out pink..Tried Y dev and rear IDC, but turned out to be the print head.

tsbservice
04-01-2022, 06:54 PM
I had a similar issue on a C258, would not print yellow, but other colours were fine. Went through all the troubleshooting, swapped m drum for y, tried different Y dev, replace HVT, power supply, and PH unit, all to no effect. Transfer belt as well. It ended up being the transfer belt pressure retraction clutch, in the fuser drive assembly, and the only reason I checked that, is because the fuser drive had previously been disassembled and cleaned because of a noise issue. The clutch slipped just enough so that the Yellow 1st transfer would not pressure up against the drum, but did not affect the M and C.

This is wonderful story. First time hear of such. Thanks for warning us.
That's why I love this game! You never know what comes next :)

tsbservice
04-01-2022, 06:56 PM
Just has one that reproduced the color test page perfectly, yellow gradation pattern was spot on. P codes and the inability to run stabilization. Customers print jobs with yellow came out pink..Tried Y dev and rear IDC, but turned out to be the print head.

Interesting, Thank you Ed.

femaster
04-02-2022, 05:45 PM
for me it was also a C364e!

can you explain how the error occurs? I disassembled the laser and saw nothing

The cyan color issue happened about a month ago for us. I still have the laser unit sitting on a shelf with the samples and a note on it. Unfortunately I have not had the time to look into what might be causing the problem yet.

REGSIS
04-02-2022, 06:24 PM
Has anyoned tried printhead reset?
Just an idea.

Custom Search