PDA

View Full Version : Jamming C300i 30-03 Jam code

Custom Search

kenpio
01-23-2020, 01:46 PM
Hi Folks,
We have a C300i right out of the box that jams. It does one sided real nice, when we go to use duplex, it may do one okay, sometimes, but it will never do two pages with a jam code of 30-03. It came with firmware 45 on it and we upgraded it to 75. What is really strange is that is wraps the paper around the the sync-roller! It folds it in half and it is around the roller. Have not been to class on this yet so I cant call into KM. Just wondering if any have seen this?

Thanks
KEN

occus
01-23-2020, 02:17 PM
I was wondering that nobody has this problem either. When setting up the machine i had duplex paper jam on 3 or 4 devices ... But only one duplex jam and after they run and run and run.
The paper was stopped after the fuser and was curled... maybe the switch guide.

srvctec
01-23-2020, 05:04 PM
Same result from each paper source (all trays including bypass)?

Is there any additional paper cabinet attached?

tech51
01-23-2020, 05:27 PM
Check the guide on the transfer belt is clipped in properly.

The paper could be catching there. Happens more on the second side due to paper curl.

kenpio
01-23-2020, 10:11 PM
There is only the two trays on the machine and it is only jamming when long edge feed is used 8.5x11. When we feed it short feed it runs good. It happens before the fuser and transfer. It paper is folded almost in half, about an inch shy of a half fold.
So was on the phone with KM this morning, managers number, about an hour and a half. So we took the registration unit from a machine that we have in our showroom and put it in this machine. It works! So now to get a reg unit from KM and maybe a payment for the time that we put in to set this up!! Yea right!!

Thanks
KEN

CloneTJ
07-22-2020, 05:27 PM
Hi Ken

I have a machine that just started having this same problem. Did you find a fix for it?

Phil B.
07-22-2020, 05:37 PM
Hi Ken

I have a machine that just started having this same problem. Did you find a fix for it?

clearly you didn't read the WHOLE thread

from Ken

So was on the phone with KM this morning, managers number, about an hour and a half. So we took the registration unit from a machine that we have in our showroom and put it in this machine. It works! So now to get a reg unit from KM and maybe a payment for the time that we put in to set this up!! Yea right!!

CloneTJ
07-22-2020, 06:03 PM
You are correct.
I did not. I didn't realize that I had missed the last post until I posted. However, I still have a question. Was replacing the Reg unit a permanent fix?

Phil B.
07-22-2020, 06:05 PM
You are correct.
I did not. I didn't realize that I had missed the last post until I posted. However, I still have a question. Was replacing the Reg unit a permanent fix?

since his post is dated 1-23-2020 and no further posts from the OP I would venture a guess and say YES it was the fix.

tsbservice
07-22-2020, 06:10 PM
Permenent fix of one machine problem does not mean it will solve 100% similar problem on another machine.
May be this as well.

found this a Problem Intermittent 32-05, 30-03 and 93-10 jam codes along with paper creasing.

Solution
CAUSE: Possible incorrect positioning of the Exit path switch solenoid (SD3)

SOLUTION: Adjust (SD3) Exit Path Switch Solenoid, by performing the following.
1. Before adjusting SD3 Please insure that the machine is Level
2. After removing the Exit/Reverse section
https://cscsupport.mykonicaminolta.com/arsys/shared/image.jsp?server=ssdremprdaas&port=8000&form=RKM:ProblemSolutionTemplate&entryId=000000000038306&fieldId=302311216&userId=woxner
#3 shown in the image above is SD3
3. Loosen one screw and remove the metal cover
4. Loosen 2 screws holding SD3 apply downward pressure to the solenoid and tighten the two screws again
5. Check to operation of SD3 manually
Notes:
a. If needed you can oval out the plastic holder of SD3 to adjust further (recommended)
b. By adjusting SD3 (#6 in image below) by 1 or 2 mm the gate will open further reducing the intermittent jams

https://cscsupport.mykonicaminolta.com/arsys/shared/image.jsp?server=ssdremprdaas&port=8000&form=RKM:ProblemSolutionTemplate&entryId=000000000038306&fieldId=302311217&userId=woxner

CloneTJ
07-22-2020, 06:26 PM
Thanks tsbservice.
I saw that on the Konica website but I can't see how that would cause wrapping around the reg roller. Did you experience something similar and this fixed it?

tsbservice
07-22-2020, 06:42 PM
Thanks tsbservice.
I saw that on the Konica website but I can't see how that would cause wrapping around the reg roller. Did you experience something similar and this fixed it?
Hi CloneTJ, didn't experiece wrapping around the reg roller yet and it's more than likely reg section in this case. Just wanted to extend a bit possibilities.
I hope you will have good luck with this. Ken may be not as frequent user as others here but I think he will see your question and respond.

CloneTJ
07-22-2020, 06:44 PM
Thanks again tsbservice!
I appreciate the none snarky responses.

emujo2
07-22-2020, 07:13 PM
Snarky responses are required....

CloneTJ
07-22-2020, 09:01 PM
Hahahah...........too true!

REGSIS
07-23-2020, 07:23 PM
Generaly, on all machines for 30-03 jam, I replace registration clutch.

REGSIS
07-23-2020, 07:26 PM
Permenent fix of one machine problem does not mean it will solve 100% similar problem on another machine.
May be this as well.

Definetly for 32-01. But I replace the solenoid (last modification) and error never returned back.

Gift
07-30-2020, 11:38 AM
Had this duplex jam issue before and we replaced the entire exit unit, problem was solved but next time I'll have an eye on that solenoid. That wobbly timing belt that's driving the duplex-exit is also a bit of a joke.

kenpio
07-30-2020, 02:06 PM
Yes maybe it could have been the registration clutch. It was a brand new machine out of the box and the registration unit fixed the problem and did not go on from there. The unit is in the is in the field and, knock on wood, have not heard from the customer. Have had other weird problems with the i series, but, so far so good.

KEN

Custom Search